Rubicon Room 101

Here within you discuss about the side-projects, i.e. the bands that has something to do with F.O.T.N. and doesn't include Carl McCoy on vocals.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Rubicon Room 101

Post by WolfLover » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:52 pm

I have 'What Starts, Ends' and it's a really fantastic album with loads of standout songs. I would love to hear 'Room 101', but I can't seem to find a free download of 'Room 101' anywhere. Could anybody send it to me, with also a hi res scan of the cover if possible. :?:
If you pass through my soul tonight
Gather all his troubles
Tomorrow's long with eternal night
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
Discover all of earth's surprises
When I'm gone wait here
I'll send my child my last good smile
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Re: Rubicon Room 101

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:19 am

WolfLover wrote:I have 'What Starts, Ends' and it's a really fantastic album with loads of standout songs. I would love to hear 'Room 101', but I can't seem to find a free download of 'Room 101' anywhere. Could anybody send it to me, with also a hi res scan of the cover if possible. :?:
I think you can "buy" a download from I-Tunes and give Andy, Tony, Nod, Paul and Peter a few coffers.
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Post by WolfLover » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:25 pm

Mark Anthony Quested wrote: I think you can "buy" a download from I-Tunes and give Andy, Tony, Nod, Paul and Peter a few coffers.
The thing is I heard it before, and to honest I didn't think it was all that great. One of my best friends asked me if I could download it for him, thats why I was looking for a free download. Don't get me wrong if I thought the album was as class as 'What Starts, Ends' I would've bought it on CD, but I just thought it was too patchy.
Gather all his troubles
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
When I'm gone wait here
Invisible Goth
Psychonaut

Post by Invisible Goth » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:04 pm

WolfLover wrote:
Mark Anthony Quested wrote: I think you can "buy" a download from I-Tunes and give Andy, Tony, Nod, Paul and Peter a few coffers.
The thing is I heard it before, and to honest I didn't think it was all that great. One of my best friends asked me if I could download it for him, thats why I was looking for a free download. Don't get me wrong if I thought the album was as class as 'What Starts, Ends' I would've bought it on CD, but I just thought it was too patchy.

feel free to justify theft in any way you please
mindcleener
Nephilim

Post by mindcleener » Tue May 01, 2012 2:12 pm

You can buy it here, starting at 9.97 euros

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?master_id=133919&ev=mb
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Tue May 01, 2012 4:25 pm

The iTunes also contains some extra tracks you don't wanna miss!
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
Ozathoth
Moonchild

Post by Ozathoth » Wed May 02, 2012 11:07 am

markandre13 wrote:The iTunes also contains some extra tracks you don't wanna miss!
Thanks for the tip! Having paid a small fortune (import price) for the CD back in the mid-90's, it never occurred to me to look it up on iTunes since I already had the CD.
"I take the dream!"
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Post by WolfLover » Thu May 03, 2012 10:30 pm

The reason why I wanted to download Room 101, is to see if it was any good first, before I buy the album, rather than waste money. But as far as I remember it wasn't half as class as 'What Starts, Ends' though. I thought 'Insatible' was really terrible, but other songs like 'On Your Side' was really class. Anybody esle got any recommendations for excellent songs I could download on itunes? :?:
Gather all his troubles
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
When I'm gone wait here
Enoch
Dawnrazor

Post by Enoch » Wed May 30, 2012 6:58 pm

I found Insatiable awful as well. Nonetheless, it seems inappropriate to ask for an illegal download opportunity here xD

Regarding highlights from this album: There's Drenching Night, because I like Rubicon's calmer side. The opener, Ageless, is damn good too, I think :) Rest a while is really strong imo, and in a twisted kind of way :)
Well, all in all, I'd buy the whole album and leave out Insatiable - seeing there are additional tracks on the download version, one of them being Brave Hearts, you get good value.

feel free to justify theft in any way you please
Downloading something illegaly is not theft (you don't take anything away from anyone) - it's copying (thus breaking copyright law depending on the country you live in) Still, doesn't make it right.
Night obliterates the day and all the fun begins
The Damned - Curtain Call

Citizen of a nation otherwise populated mainly by blinded, brain damaged xenophobes
dj_chr1st
Dawnrazor

Post by dj_chr1st » Thu May 31, 2012 6:23 pm

I must admit i do love this album. In particular the track 'Bury My Gold.' although the single version is even better :)
So many creatures
which one are you now
sharpening features
which one are you now .
Invisible Goth
Psychonaut

Post by Invisible Goth » Thu May 31, 2012 7:21 pm

Enoch wrote:Downloading something illegaly is not theft (you don't take anything away from anyone)
Only royalties

and lets face it, all those musicians drive around in a Rolls, or sportscar, but hey, nobodys taking anything anyway from them by downloading illegally