A short video clip from Last Rites

Here within you discuss about the side-projects, i.e. the bands that has something to do with F.O.T.N. and doesn't include Carl McCoy on vocals.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

ian
Leviathan

A short video clip from Last Rites

Post by ian » Mon May 26, 2008 3:53 pm

Just a short video clip from last Rites at the Giffard on Friday night
James Blast
Watcher of the Skies

Post by James Blast » Mon May 26, 2008 6:27 pm

Nice one! *notworthy* :D
"This is Glasgow, we'll just set about you"
scardwel
Leviathan

Post by scardwel » Mon May 26, 2008 7:29 pm

Last edited by scardwel on Mon May 26, 2008 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last Facebook For The Blocked!
ian
Leviathan

Post by ian » Mon May 26, 2008 8:07 pm

Superb :D
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Mon May 26, 2008 8:13 pm

Carnage! :mrgreen:
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
Sadoldgit
Dawnrazor

Post by Sadoldgit » Mon May 26, 2008 9:52 pm

Blooming excellent!!! :D
ziarah
Moonchild

Post by ziarah » Tue May 27, 2008 1:37 am

Did anyone get setlists of LR? Or NFD? Or preferably both? Please post and/or email them to me ... :D
ghenna girl
Leviathan

Post by ghenna girl » Tue May 27, 2008 8:54 am

Ber-ril-i-ant! *notworthy* Now, does anyone have clips of Sugarfiend and Rhombus (and a cracking set by the Rhomboys n gal I might add) too??
The DDUFGA Party, you know it makes sense!
Blue Angel
Nephilim

Post by Blue Angel » Tue May 27, 2008 11:16 am

I have some clips... when I get a mo I will upload..
Fields of the Neffalump

Jism!
Le Veilleur Silencieux
Psychonaut

Post by Le Veilleur Silencieux » Tue May 27, 2008 12:29 pm

i seem to remember a lot more dry ice :wink:
ian
Leviathan

Post by ian » Tue May 27, 2008 7:20 pm

I do have another slightly longer clip but until I can find someway of uploading it I cannot do so, the problem I am having is that the video upload programs that I have will only allow me to upload files upto 100mb in size and the one I have is 170mb, so any suggestions would be very welcome, please :)
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Tue May 27, 2008 7:31 pm

ian wrote:I do have another slightly longer clip but until I can find someway of uploading it I cannot do so, the problem I am having is that the video upload programs that I have will only allow me to upload files upto 100mb in size and the one I have is 170mb, so any suggestions would be very welcome, please :)
maybe this will work:

http://depositfiles.com/en/
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Post by wild bill buttock » Tue May 27, 2008 7:35 pm

Le Veilleur Silencieux wrote:i seem to remember a lot more dry ice :wink:
Yes that was me and a couple of volunteers while I nipped off for a piss or a pint.
Over the weekend we used a usual months supply of fog machine fluid and completely fcuked a fog machine. *smoking*
Highlight of the weekend, musically, for me was LR's magnificent And all its thorns; Paul Wright at his most brilliant. *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy*
MrBonZai
Watcher

Post by MrBonZai » Tue May 27, 2008 9:15 pm

ian wrote:I do have another slightly longer clip but until I can find someway of uploading it I cannot do so, the problem I am having is that the video upload programs that I have will only allow me to upload files upto 100mb in size and the one I have is 170mb, so any suggestions would be very welcome, please :)
you can use WINRAR to split the files.
and you can upload the singles Files to Megaupload.com
Pandora Panorama
Psychonaut

Post by Pandora Panorama » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:28 am

wow, totally missed these. thanks for uploading. Quite impressive how thight they are sounding, especially considering how few gigs they've played. At Nod really has a good stage presence, or how you want to call it. So, if anybody has more, please share :)
There is no truth prior to fiction.
Mont Ventoux
Psychonaut

Post by Mont Ventoux » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:23 pm

The Chalice. Very good song, as the whole "The Many Forms".
Pandora Panorama
Psychonaut

Post by Pandora Panorama » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:34 pm

I agree. the Chalice is one of the outstanding tracks on the rather excellent The Many Forms. I am totally amazed that it came out so long ago in 2005 --- it's still my favourite album since then. I really hope there will be a follow on, but I am starting to loose hope a bit, since there have been no news for ages.

What I really love about them is how heavy and massive they sound without using the typical corny metal riffs. But I think that was always one of the original Neffs strong point: to achieve the effects a little bit differently than everybody else.
There is no truth prior to fiction.
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Post by wild bill buttock » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:02 am

Pandora Panorama wrote:I agree. the Chalice is one of the outstanding tracks on the rather excellent The Many Forms. I am totally amazed that it came out so long ago in 2005 --- it's still my favourite album since then. I really hope there will be a follow on, but I am starting to loose hope a bit, since there have been no news for ages.

And all its thorns is my favorite
You know right up till I saw them last may at the Giff I wasn't very keen on Last Rites but seeing them live totally altered my perception of them. Incredibly powerful *notworthy* *notworthy*
After I listened to their albums differently and I finally got it.
What I really love about them is how heavy and massive they sound without using the typical corny metal riffs. But I think that was always one of the original Neffs strong point: to achieve the effects a little bit differently than everybody else.
Couldn't agree more. And a point so many bands claiming to use the Neph as an influence totally miss.
Untitled
Moonchild

Post by Untitled » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:35 am

wild bill buttock wrote:
Couldn't agree more. And a point so many bands claiming to use the Neph as an influence totally miss.
It seems to me that "The Many Forms" has something that even lacks in "Mourning Sun", in terms of production especially and also for the work on the rythms and a sometimes better integration of electronic sounds (compared with Xiberia for example).
Maybe the Last Rites' songs are less catchy than those from Carl's FOTN last incarnation or NFD's ones - and less expansive - but when I listen to "The Chalice", "Guilt Sublime", "Body In Decline" or "Our Alibi", I sometimes wonder if the Wright brothers, though their sound isn't the most obviously similar, aren't closer to the original FOTN spirit than the others ; on some songs they really manage to make a massive wall of sound with a subtle background tapestry and a certain sense of sobriety in melancoly.
shackled
Watcher

Post by shackled » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:03 am

I completely agree with Untitled.
They are the best incarnation to come out of FotN, and that is not to discredit any of the others.

The Wrights have art in their veins, and I hope they keep at it.

You people really should consider yourselves fortunate to have such great bands playing close by in London.

Thanks for posting these links.
I hadn't found them either. *smoking*
I sleep with poison dreams and a borrowed hope that died.