Last Rites news

Here within you discuss about the side-projects, i.e. the bands that has something to do with F.O.T.N. and doesn't include Carl McCoy on vocals.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

ojopaj
Watcher

Last Rites news

Post by ojopaj » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:37 pm

Is there any?? What have they been up to? Any new gigs coming up? Any new record? How about getting that amazing second album released on an actual label and/or having a distribution deal (which they so richly deserve)?

I listen to that thing incessantly, and have bought multiple copies for friends, and it just chaps my hide that they don't have a record deal and aren't getting wider exposure - they're better than any other ex-Neph outfit IMO (not trying to start a flame war, just my opinion).
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." — Robert J. Hanlon
Invisible Goth
Psychonaut

Re: Last Rites news

Post by Invisible Goth » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:20 pm

ojopaj wrote:Is there any?? What have they been up to? Any new gigs coming up? Any new record? How about getting that amazing second album released on an actual label and/or having a distribution deal (which they so richly deserve)?

I listen to that thing incessantly, and have bought multiple copies for friends, and it just chaps my hide that they don't have a record deal and aren't getting wider exposure - they're better than any other ex-Neph outfit IMO (not trying to start a flame war, just my opinion).

One word: day jobs
Pandora Panorama
Psychonaut

Post by Pandora Panorama » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:17 am

ojopaj wrote:I listen to that thing incessantly, and have bought multiple copies for friends, and it just chaps my hide that they don't have a record deal and aren't getting wider exposure - they're better than any other ex-Neph outfit IMO (not trying to start a flame war, just my opinion).
exactly my feelings! Having "The many forms" on constant rotation at the moment --- this album should really be getting more exposure.
There is no truth prior to fiction.
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:18 pm

Invisible Goth wrote:
ojopaj wrote:Is there any?? What have they been up to? Any new gigs coming up? Any new record? How about getting that amazing second album released on an actual label and/or having a distribution deal (which they so richly deserve)?

thats two words..
Invisible Goth
Psychonaut

Post by Invisible Goth » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:36 pm

Bau wrote:
Invisible Goth wrote:

thats two words..
so observant for someone who isn't here!
BlackSun
Dawnrazor

Post by BlackSun » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:18 pm

^ maybe but... she does have a point though
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:30 am

Invisible Goth wrote:
Bau wrote:
Invisible Goth wrote:
thats two words..
so observant for someone who isn't here!
apearently judging by your moniker your not either. Mabee thats why you can still see me

besides folks keep holding seances bringing me back, would you rather they didn't?
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Post by wild bill buttock » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:20 pm

I have an odd feeling that we'll be hearing something about Last Rites (and NFD and Saints of Eden) sometime around February next year *whistle*
bradwj
Watcher

Post by bradwj » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:11 pm

That would be good!.......any other clues/info?
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Post by wild bill buttock » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:03 pm

Not really my place to say too much but Bob(NFD) is organising something pretty bloody special.
bradwj
Watcher

Post by bradwj » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:41 am

ok...this might get expensive....maybe I should plan to come in February!!!
hellboy69
Dawnrazor

Post by hellboy69 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:17 pm

My birthday's in February. Potentially very sweet :D
in the swirling pool of blood and brains...
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Post by WolfLover » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:58 pm

wild bill buttock wrote:Not really my place to say too much but Bob(NFD) is organising something pretty bloody special.
I hope its new excellent album to follow up from the rather excellent 'Deeper Visions' mini album. :D
If you pass through my soul tonight
Gather all his troubles
Tomorrow's long with eternal night
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
Discover all of earth's surprises
When I'm gone wait here
I'll send my child my last good smile
Artiom
Moonchild

Post by Artiom » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:57 pm

It would be really nice to hear something new from Last Rites. They're a truly amazing band, though it's really sad that they have such a shitty distribution (if they have it). I think they'd have a wider audience and a lot of people would listen to them if they (me included) could find their music and releases in particular. I only have "Guided by light" album, which I found in a mailorder shop on the web, but "The many forms" as "My world alight" are impossible to get, especially when you don't have neither a PayPal nor a credit card (though this may sound strange in our days).
ojopaj
Watcher

Post by ojopaj » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:44 pm

Anybody out there with an update? Don't any of you kind folks occasionally still rub elbows with the Wright boys? I'd love to hear what they're up to. Hell I'd really like to interview them, but of course with me being here in the states and not being a published author and all... <sigh> Anyway --- any news appreciated!
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." — Robert J. Hanlon
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Post by wild bill buttock » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:19 am

Yup, Last Rites play Camden Underworld with NFD May 23rd 2009
viewtopic.php?t=1787
ojopaj
Watcher

Post by ojopaj » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:56 pm

wild bill buttock wrote:Yup, Last Rites play Camden Underworld with NFD May 23rd 2009
viewtopic.php?t=1787
Awesome! And for goth's sake folks, somebody please bring a tape recorder!! :mrgreen:
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:44 pm

from other latest news is that their default picture on myspace is gone for two months now...
morning comes as light burning out my eyes
ian
Leviathan

Post by ian » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:11 pm

angry bob wrote:from other latest news is that their default picture on myspace is gone for two months now...
Yeah I was wondering about that as well! :?
shackled
Watcher

Post by shackled » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:44 pm

The only place I can find The Many Forms is on their website. PayPal only. No Visa.
So I'll have to open an account. WTF?
I sleep with poison dreams and a borrowed hope that died.