Your 1st FOTN gig

Past and present concerts. Keep on talking about memories from the past, or about the gigs that are up and coming.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Re: Your 1st FOTN gig

Post by NorthernNephilim » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:14 am

my fiirst one was warsaw 2008 .
MiniCarl
Watcher

Post by MiniCarl » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:53 pm

my first gig was in Trier march 1991 Europahalle.
Keep psychoviking...
Moonchild
Watcher

Post by Moonchild » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:00 am

Birmingham Hummingbird 2nd June 1989 on the "Psychonaut" mini tour.
They didn't play "Chord of Souls" then either *smoking*
shackled
Watcher

Post by shackled » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:24 am

My first (and only) gig was 6/23/90 at the Bizarre Festival on the Lorely.
I actually went for Boa, but was blown away by the Nephs... *smoking*

I moved back to the States shortly thereafter, and haven't had another chance.
I sleep with poison dreams and a borrowed hope that died.
Big Day Tomorrow
Moonchild

Post by Big Day Tomorrow » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:53 pm

'allo everyone.

After lurking around here for the best part of forever I thought I should finally join up and say 'allo. Which I have, so I should probably get on topic.

The first time I saw the boys was in Cheltenham Town Hall, around the time For Her Light came out. I think it was the second gig I'd ever been to and spent most of my time a bit stunned. Loud were supporting and the fact that the gentlemen in the people pyramid would count in during the dead space of tracks massively impressed me. I didn't realise then that they'd probably been to every gig of the tour.

I managed to get to the front for a bit, marvel at Carl's feather and soak through with sweat. My ears rang for the whole of the next day.

There we go, nice to meet you.
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:28 pm

nice one, welcome!

my first neph gig was astoria 2007... and i wished i was a bit more pissed... alright it wasn't that bad actually :mrgreen:
morning comes as light burning out my eyes
Blackcat
Moonchild

Post by Blackcat » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:44 pm

First saw the lads at the then called Reading Rock Festival in 1987. Got very drunk on a few bottles of merrydown on british rail getting there but what a line up ! All About Eve first on, Nephilim later in day light and The Mission Headling and that sowed the seed for many a sweaty gig over the country at places they should never have played, anyone remember Burberries in brum ??

Mark
In Dry Ice We Trust
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:19 pm

27. November 1992 at the Capitol in Hannover. Carl must've been sick or something and they've played a whole different set of songs. I remember a violin bow being used on one of the guitars during a song. And if Nod would've been paid a dollar per hit, he'd been a billionaire for long. The support act was Love Like Blood and the whole tour went under the moniker Magical Mystery Tour.
Saw them last year again at the Amphi. Only it wasn't Carl who was sick now. *whistle*
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
Blackcat
Moonchild

Post by Blackcat » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:22 pm

Big Day Tomorrow wrote:'allo everyone.

After lurking around here for the best part of forever I thought I should finally join up and say 'allo. Which I have, so I should probably get on topic.

The first time I saw the boys was in Cheltenham Town Hall, around the time For Her Light came out. I think it was the second gig I'd ever been to and spent most of my time a bit stunned. Loud were supporting and the fact that the gentlemen in the people pyramid would count in during the dead space of tracks massively impressed me. I didn't realise then that they'd probably been to every gig of the tour.

I managed to get to the front for a bit, marvel at Carl's feather and soak through with sweat. My ears rang for the whole of the next day.

There we go, nice to meet you.
Loud, they were BRILLIANT !
In Dry Ice We Trust
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:56 pm

angry bob wrote:nice one, welcome!

my first neph gig was astoria 2007... and i wished i was a bit more pissed... alright it wasn't that bad actually :mrgreen:
Lucky I was sober, otherwise I would have projectile vomited all over Carl! Now that would be audience participation!
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
Bart Carl Rojewski
Moonchild

Post by Bart Carl Rojewski » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:06 pm

my first gig was in Hildesheim - Zillo, june, 1996 - of course THE NEFILIM awesome show!

After that Carl cancelled THE NEFILIM + Secret Discovery Germany Tour (September) .

But we're trip to Hildesheim in 98 (interview with Carl & Tony and meeting with Carl &Tony (sings on the picture of course), next ... M'eraluna 2000, Roskilde 2000, Astoria 2007, Helldone, Warsaw 2008:), London - Ceromonies both nights and our two evenings -Warsaw'2010.

Greetings :777:
sziamiau
Psychonaut

Post by sziamiau » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:24 am

Amphi last year. the only gig I have been to. I feel like a virgin. I'll be missing out on the German gigs as well over Xmas..will be visiting my parents in Hungary. not a good timing
large7
Moonchild

Post by large7 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:17 pm

The Marquee, Wardour Street in 1987. Back in the days when Wardour Street was cool rather than a place for gormless media types to hang out and call each other 'fella' on their iphones.

Top gig - tiny venue - fcuking loud.
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:51 pm

markandre13 wrote:27. November 1992 at the Capitol in Hannover. Carl must've been sick or something and they've played a whole different set of songs. I remember a violin bow being used on one of the guitars during a song. And if Nod would've been paid a dollar per hit, he'd been a billionaire for long. The support act was Love Like Blood and the whole tour went under the moniker Magical Mystery Tour.
That was fuckin great gig mate! :lol:
morning comes as light burning out my eyes
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:59 pm

angry bob wrote:
markandre13 wrote:27. November 1992 at the Capitol in Hannover. Carl must've been sick or something and they've played a whole different set of songs. I remember a violin bow being used on one of the guitars during a song. And if Nod would've been paid a dollar per hit, he'd been a billionaire for long. The support act was Love Like Blood and the whole tour went under the moniker Magical Mystery Tour.
That was fuckin great gig mate! :lol:
LOL, 1981 IRON FIST tour Germany Neunkichen, with Fast Eddie Clark - awesome one and very loud.

.... and another one without Carl on the bass, 14.10.1988 Nuernberg Germany
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
razorious
Psychonaut

Post by razorious » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:44 am

21/03/08 in Athens & since then the dance is going on... :D
Reanimators - Greek Legion
caescarna
Moonchild

Post by caescarna » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:58 am

Cheltenham Town Hall, 1990 for me as well.

They opened with [what seemed like] a 10 minute intro tape of a thunderstorm.

I bumped into Jocasta, with whom I'd studied [hah!] at College in Burnley outside after the gig. I'd have offered her somewhere to crash if I'd had it.

However, I'd have loved to see them in Manchester on the Mark of The Watchman tour in 87/88, but couldn't arrange a lift to it!
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:04 am

Oops ! I notice I didn't do my homework on this one ! Shame on me ! :oops:
First time was 1989*, after I discovered "Moonchild" through one of the best radio station there was (it's still alive but not kicking much nowadays :? ). Support acts : Norma Loy and Red Lorry Yellow Lorry. I was quite taken aback, because due to lack of visual, I did not expect such presentation — nor something that static. Admittedly it is considered a crap tour, for unfathomable reasons.
I went to see them nonetheless for the Live Inferno tour (support band the lmuch underrated Mary My Hope and maybe another). One of the best concert I've been to EVER.
Had a ticket for the Parisian leg of the Nefilim's tour… which as we all know, ended up cancelled. :evil:
Much later on, I was bound to discover some bunch of smelly bastards (copyright Wild Bill Buttocks) at some remote pub before *some* London concert… :wink:
And the rest, as they say, is history.

*Yes, it goes to show what an old kunt I am…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:59 pm

ThomasB wrote:Yes, it goes to show what an old kunt I am…
Long live thy old kunt for that history won't be forgotten! *notworthy*
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:09 pm

markandre13 wrote:
ThomasB wrote:Yes, it goes to show what an old kunt I am…
Long live thy old kunt for that history won't be forgotten! *notworthy*
…That's MISTER old kunt to yer buster ! :wink: :mrgreen:

Thomas, if it's funny ONCE…

P.S. Actually I remember discussing it with an old mate, when we railed on how, on "Moonchild", the bass sound was in distance with the same sound on guitar. His roomate from then wondered how we could go to such lenghth. But then, we were both fans of cult Belgian band La Muerte, Ye Masters of Raw Rock, which had some remote kinship with the Neffs (they would have made a pretty good support act), but which was unsufferable for him !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc8WUsbB0-8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itJ6XGkN ... re=related
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !