Forum 21st Dec

Past and present concerts. Keep on talking about memories from the past, or about the gigs that are up and coming.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Mouse
Watcher

Re: Forum 21st Dec

Post by Mouse » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:42 am

I'm so very sad. 30 years. I'm done. £72 wasted. What a terrible set, did someone forget how to manage the crowd or do they just not care anymore?
The music was badly executed. I just want to cry, live neph gigs have been such a huge part of my life, I feel like I'm in mourning. Angry. Sad. Depressed. But most of all let down. :cry:
TheNephilimJohn
Moonchild

Post by TheNephilimJohn » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:56 am

Looks like almost all of yesterday's gig is already here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGv9gb ... HXXn5rkK_g

All songs except Last Exit...
"For the Nephilim now look forward to a long reign that might take moments to experience, but lifetimes to fulfill."
Dravid
Moonchild

Post by Dravid » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:00 pm

Mouse wrote:I'm so very sad. 30 years. I'm done. £72 wasted. What a terrible set, did someone forget how to manage the crowd or do they just not care anymore?
The music was badly executed. I just want to cry, live neph gigs have been such a huge part of my life, I feel like I'm in mourning. Angry. Sad. Depressed. But most of all let down. :cry:
:o :o :o

Could you elaborate a bit more? I'm currently regretting so much that I didn't shell out the money for the inflated prices on the return flight for the altered date and instead cancelled the trip. So my impression is only based on the clips available, but I've now seen the full show (almost twice already in fact) and thought it was one of the best of the last decade. Three songs which almost never get played, including the first available live recording of Darkcell. An extended acceleration on Last Exit. The drums not as machine-like as usual. GK continuing to integrate further slide and ebow. APL possibly the best replacement for Paul so far. And Carl with a stunning voice until the end of Zoon. Plus the dry ice back which adds to the atmosphere.

Of course there are issues. But those have been plagueing everything Carl did musically since 91. Compared to the many terrible shows in 2000 and between 2007 and 2012 my impression is that this is so much better now.

But just to underline and repeat, I wasn't there and only watched clips online. So I am genuinely interested in understanding your take!
Deeg
Moonchild

Post by Deeg » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:36 pm

Visually it was the best show in london for a good few years, the strobes during psychonaut were mesmerising, the smog drifting around the pit adding to the atmosphere. Darkcell was a nice bonus.
MrBonZai
Watcher

Post by MrBonZai » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:10 pm

is there a complete audio recording available?
fcuk the towers
headcleaner2k
Moonchild

Post by headcleaner2k » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:01 am

Is Tony still on bass duties?
Wyrt
Moonchild

Post by Wyrt » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:38 pm

Not impressed by the new guitarist at all. Learn the damn songs ffs.....is probably because Carl shows how to play them :roll: .Saying that, Gavin and Lee seemed pretty solid.