Mera Luna Festival 13/14 August 2016

Past and present concerts. Keep on talking about memories from the past, or about the gigs that are up and coming.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

scardwel
Leviathan

Mera Luna Festival 13/14 August 2016

Post by scardwel » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:06 pm

Stick this in your archive: FUCK OFF!
Last edited by scardwel on Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
scardwel
Leviathan

Re: Mera Luna Festival 13/14 August 2016

Post by scardwel » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:34 pm

Stick this in your archive: FUCK OFF!
Last edited by scardwel on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:42 pm

awesome indeed, Combichrist, Hocico, Suicide commando, Die Krupps and Cassandra complex, fcuking hell yeah !!! :twisted:

:wink:
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
Moonchild
Watcher

Post by Moonchild » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:40 pm

Very tempting line-up. I could be up for it this year.
Invisible Goth
Psychonaut

Post by Invisible Goth » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:52 am

oldnephilim wrote:Image

Thats ok - I hate Combichrist who are a steaming pile of chicken sh!t! :mrgreen:

ribbons
Moonchild

Post by ribbons » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:05 pm

Sorry to say you that the Nephilim has cancelled Mera luna.... see official mera luna site...
MiniCarl
Watcher

Post by MiniCarl » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:43 pm

Btw: was the gig confirmed on the offical site from Fields???
Keep psychoviking...
Invisible Goth
Psychonaut

Post by Invisible Goth » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:12 pm

MiniCarl wrote:Btw: was the gig confirmed on the offical site from Fields???
no - but big announcement on the mera luna site! should be good enough to trust. also, carl has cancelled gigs the past that have been on the official site as well. so thats no guarantee he won't cancel a gig. great way to take a huge dump on the fans who spent money - again
TruGoff
Moonchild

Post by TruGoff » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:55 pm

Invisible Goth wrote:
MiniCarl wrote:Btw: was the gig confirmed on the offical site from Fields???
no - but big announcement on the mera luna site! should be good enough to trust. also, carl has cancelled gigs the past that have been on the official site as well. so thats no guarantee he won't cancel a gig. great way to take a huge dump on the fans who spent money - again
Concerts are not official until officially announced on the bands official website, officially. :D
Last edited by TruGoff on Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MiniCarl
Watcher

Post by MiniCarl » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:20 pm

Thank you TruGoff for the enligtenment! Now all is totally clear for us outsiders.
And we all will believe in your words, because they are spoken from the management directly to you. AMEN.
Keep psychoviking...
COLLIDE
Psychonaut

Post by COLLIDE » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:39 pm

But why wait just a few weeks before the gig to cancel their appearance , stating it wasn't officially confirmed, when it has been on the festival website for nearly over 10 months ?
COLLIDE

In dry ice we trust
ww
Moonchild

Post by ww » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:22 pm

another Rip Off.
just like the "special CD for the German dates", release announcements, cancellations and postponing of numerous gigs with no explanations given and generally not giving a sh*t about people/fans/us who finance all those shenanigans.
quite sad and pathetic.
VetForTheInsane
Moonchild

Post by VetForTheInsane » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:11 am

What I hate are bands and their management using the "it's not confirmed until it's on our website" rubbish.

The bottom line is that the band and their management don't work down a mine 24 hours a day with no access to the outside world.

What any reasonable, proactive person with the tiniest bit of empathy with their fans would do is if they see a stonking great poster, web statement etc etc (ie anything allegedly confirming something like playing a gig) is to put a note on the news page of the website to explain the situation. It's not Benny from Crossroads science let alone rocket science.

However, that last paragraph depends on :

a) the band having the aforementioned tiniest bit of empathy with their fans.
b) even the most barely adequate of management teams who either manage or advise on news communication instead of concentrating their efforts on virtual "i'm the manager of x, y, z" strutting.
c) a realisation that the news page of a website doesnt turn into a pumpkin at midnight if it contains more than 3 news items per year.
d) a realisation that the news page of a website doesnt turn into a pumpkin at midnight if it contains more than 3 news items per year solely written in sixth form one direction fandom english worshipping the fact that fans have been bestowed with 3 items of news per year by their lord and saviour.
TruGoff
Moonchild

Post by TruGoff » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:57 pm

VetForTheInsane wrote: b) even the most barely adequate of management teams who either manage or advise on news communication instead of concentrating their efforts on virtual "i'm the manager of x, y, z" strutting.
The management has long since been affected with celebrity (appearing in far too many photos of creeping onstage in full view of the audience during shows) which porhaps has sidetrack him from ACTUAL managing?

e) realisation that fans are obviously cnuts and that will swallow anythings and STILL turn up to gigs. *whistle*
Last edited by TruGoff on Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:20 pm

How to call somebody who yearns to be with their favourite cool band ?
Fans.
____

Well there is not the tiniest bit of empathy there obviously.

1) « not the tiniest bit of empathy » for two possible reasons :

A. the feeling of empathy pre-requires the existence of somebody (or an entity) who'd be capable of bearing interest for the watcher (the eye of the one who'd consider).
Can the fans be considered as an entity of interest and of which interest then ?
Fans have no proper existence as individuals, only as an undefined entity : the fans.
As long as the fans have no proper existence as individuals, the fans, undoubtedly are considered as people of no interest, the fans are but accessories at some subsidiary and ad hoc point in the FOTN process.

We'd rather spike this strongly in our skull and runaway.
(otherwise said : let's rather inculcate firmly with this and runaway.)

B. « not the tiniest bit of empathy » that seems to describe perfectly some kind of character : the narcissistic perverse.
Two links for it :

https://www.quora.com/What-is-narcissis ... th?share=1

http://www.worldcrunch.com/power-and-se ... y/c3s5545/

2) What should be the point to keep talking ?

A. It's something that the fans usually do afterwards, once the process of creation & of marketing is done, once the promotional part is relayed by the press.

B. We're invited so :

« Oh keep talking
You're a hunter I'm a wolf
Yeah keep talking
I'm the preacher you're a fool.
 » (Preacher man - Carl Mc Coy)

C. It may therewith be part of a process of desideration for the fans trapped.

« Baby, I got a plan
Run away fast as you can 
» (Runaway - Kanye West)
gilgamesh
Watcher

Post by gilgamesh » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:26 am

Its pretty obvious I feel that FOTN is only being maintained at a level of minimum viability. It is important to prevent the fan-base from checking out, hence the vague promises of new stuff which never appears. Playing the odd festival is good money as the costs are much lower and a couple of gigs here and there keep some interest going through the hardcore. The recent single is the minimum required to just about keep fans believing these promises. But I don't think that McCoy sees this as a serious band anymore, just a way of making some pin money.
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:35 am

gilgamesh wrote:Its pretty obvious I feel that FOTN is only being maintained at a level of minimum viability. It is important to prevent the fan-base from checking out, hence the vague promises of new stuff which never appears. Playing the odd festival is good money as the costs are much lower and a couple of gigs here and there keep some interest going through the hardcore. The recent single is the minimum required to just about keep fans believing these promises. But I don't think that McCoy sees this as a serious band anymore, just a way of making some pin money.
But when you keep cancelling appearances, which probably has a cost to the organiser, they might one day say "Okay, sod it, you can't work with these guys" and give it up. Hence even as a piggy bank, it's not a viable option…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
FuschiaGroan
Moonchild

Post by FuschiaGroan » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:06 am

ThomasB wrote:
gilgamesh wrote:Its pretty obvious I feel that FOTN is only being maintained at a level of minimum viability. It is important to prevent the fan-base from checking out, hence the vague promises of new stuff which never appears. Playing the odd festival is good money as the costs are much lower and a couple of gigs here and there keep some interest going through the hardcore. The recent single is the minimum required to just about keep fans believing these promises. But I don't think that McCoy sees this as a serious band anymore, just a way of making some pin money.
But when you keep cancelling appearances, which probably has a cost to the organiser, they might one day say "Okay, sod it, you can't work with these guys" and give it up. Hence even as a piggy bank, it's not a viable option…
And I'm not sure the fanbase isn't already checking out - this forum has gone remarkably quiet and lately even the sycophantic Facebook fan page seems to be being taken over by bands promoting their own stuff. The M'era Luna debacle came as no surprise, but having wasted my time and money AGAIN I'm losing my inclination to forever remain. If only they wouldn't continue to be so damned good live I could give them up ... really I could...
TruGoff
Moonchild

Post by TruGoff » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:17 pm

FuschiaGroan wrote:
ThomasB wrote:
And I'm not sure the fanbase isn't already checking out - this forum has gone remarkably quiet and lately even the sycophantic Facebook fan page seems to be being taken over by bands promoting their own stuff. The M'era Luna debacle came as no surprise, but having wasted my time and money AGAIN I'm losing my inclination to forever remain. If only they wouldn't continue to be so damned good live I could give them up ... really I could...
The M'era Luna organisers would've had to have been Confidently assured to announce major bands. FOTN obviously pulled out at the last minute.
The band functions for the band's benefits and not the fans.
The new record Prophesy is not a band record as the credits clearly state who was performed on it (and who did not were clearly omitted)
You either accept it or not. :roll:
Moonchild
Watcher

Post by Moonchild » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:45 pm

Cast your minds back to the last time FOTN played M'era Luna in 2008. Then, there was a massive Dawnrazor presence at the festival and the forum was a hive of activity. This time, even before the cancellation, there was only muted interest. The news of the cancellation itself was almost expected it's happened so often. No news on the official site was also typical of the disdain shown to the fanbase. The M'era Luna website didn't announce anything until they had a replacement lined up, which would obviously have taken a while, so there was plenty of time for it to be posted on the FOTN site...but no, couldn't be arsed.

As for the forum, well it's so quiet in here these days you could hear a pin drop. Is it really surprising peolpe are losing interest? I can't think of any other bands that treat their fans as shabbily as this.