Bootlegs of Bootlegs?

Bootlegs. Many people don't like them for various reasons. But they also has a good collection value for some people. Here you discuss about bootlegs in all forms; tapes, records, CDs, videos etc.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Diablos
Psychonaut

Bootlegs of Bootlegs?

Post by Diablos » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:15 pm

I was lucky enough to get hold of a couple more neph records to add to the old collection....wohoo! .....but now i'm confused :roll:

I have a couple of questions (probably for Ande!). Basically i now have 2 copies of the bootleg Psychonaut 7" and both of the vinyl discs are different,

- number 154 has only the 'Limited Edition 154' printed on one side of the disc
- number 134 has 'Limited Edition 134' printed on one side of the disc (in the centre sticker) and 'In diesem Betrag sind 14 % MWSt enthalten' printed in the same ink on the other

Ive also got two different copies of But can spock do this? and they have different vinyls too... one is a standard black centre sticker and the other has a white centre sticker with the large 2 inch centre hole. I know there are different inserts for this record but in his case they are identical.

I know there arent many of these in circulation so i dont know if anyone has any explanation on the difference......surely there aint bootlegs of the bootlegs!
Watcher

Re: Bootlegs of Bootlegs?

Post by Ande » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:30 pm

Diablos wrote:I was lucky enough to get hold of a couple more neph records to add to the old collection....wohoo! .....but now i'm confused :roll:

I have a couple of questions (probably for Ande!). Basically i now have 2 copies of the bootleg Psychonaut 7" and both of the vinyl discs are different,

- number 154 has only the 'Limited Edition 154' printed on one side of the disc
- number 134 has 'Limited Edition 134' printed on one side of the disc (in the centre sticker) and 'In diesem Betrag sind 14 % MWSt enthalten' printed in the same ink on the other

Ive also got two different copies of But can spock do this? and they have different vinyls too... one is a standard black centre sticker and the other has a white centre sticker with the large 2 inch centre hole. I know there are different inserts for this record but in his case they are identical.

I know there arent many of these in circulation so i dont know if anyone has any explanation on the difference......surely there aint bootlegs of the bootlegs!

The guy who did the Spock EP was notorious for knocking out a few - and by few I do mean a few, like a 50-100, if he thought he could shift 'em, hence the slight variations in pressings...

So not really a bootleg of bootlegs in that case, but for things like the CD Forever and Ever, there are copies made by other people, so I guess those qualify as a boot of a boot...

Ande
Diablos
Psychonaut

Post by Diablos » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:59 am

Cheers Ande, star quality as always!

That explains the spock differences but any ideas on the Psychonaut differences? Im sure u got a copy, what does yours read :mrgreen:
Watcher

Post by Ande » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:19 pm

Diablos wrote:Cheers Ande, star quality as always!
That explains the spock differences but any ideas on the Psychonaut differences? Im sure u got a copy, what does yours read :mrgreen:

OK, dug mine out... Mine is #45 and has totally white labels both sides...

Ande