Psychonaut (Lib IIII) ?

Discuss about the albums and videos the band has released over the years. The band we are talking about here is of course F.O.T.N. and not side-projects, similar bands etc. Please use other sections if you want to talk about the weather.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

ghenna girl
Leviathan

Post by ghenna girl » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:32 am

Interesting theory there Bill. I've also heard that if it were possible to hear the Music Of The Spheres (awaiting smutty inuendo as we speak....) then these too would be aproaching the Golden Ratio. And the thought of Bryan Adams, Wet Wet Wet, Whitney Houston and the like being put into the same catergory as is seriously making me shudder. :evil:
Although, did you ever hear the story about a piece of Gregorian chanting called Miserie Mei Deus by Alegrei?
Aparently the pope back in the day thought it so pious and beautiful a piece of music, he would only let it be performed once a year on Ash Wed. Then without any of the score being written down, should it get into the hands of others wanting to perform it. Unfortunatly for said pope, Motzart was in the congregation, and on one listen, managed to transcribe all the layers of vocals and arranged for it to be performed. as soon as the pope heard about this, old Motzy was put under house arrest and blacklisted by the Catholic church. :(

Hard to imagine that happening these days innit?? Although would be fitting punishment for those chart hoggers though!
The DDUFGA Party, you know it makes sense!
Elisium Fields
Watcher

Re: Psychonaut (Lib IIII) ?

Post by Elisium Fields » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:45 pm

Unsealed is a pirate CD. Ande
Just as a point of interest I am now in posession of a copy of the 'Unsealed' CD and I am very suprised that with the content it is going for crazy money that it is on e-bay...... :roll:
"I stand alone, inside you.....I stand alone, the skys bruised..........."
Elisium Fields
Watcher

Post by Elisium Fields » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:32 am

Ande wrote: lib IIII is on the official CD single.

Ande
Psychonaut (Lib III) of the 4 versions get my vote...........still a simply iconic song.............
"I stand alone, inside you.....I stand alone, the skys bruised..........."
Lysdexamphetamine33
Moonchild

Post by Lysdexamphetamine33 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:08 am

Yes i am aware that ressurrecting a 13 year old topic would be pointless, but since i've just came across... All these rumours (whether or not this 25min version exists) has been something i truly wish for... the definitive ritualistic experience without having to "loop" or break the meditation pattern.

still..... does it exist? for real? with the original lyrics from the '89 demo? where to find it? thanks
VetForTheInsane
Moonchild

Post by VetForTheInsane » Fri May 29, 2020 11:48 pm

Lysdexamphetamine33 wrote:Yes i am aware that ressurrecting a 13 year old topic would be pointless, but since i've just came across... All these rumours (whether or not this 25min version exists) has been something i truly wish for... the definitive ritualistic experience without having to "loop" or break the meditation pattern.

still..... does it exist? for real? with the original lyrics from the '89 demo? where to find it? thanks
It's more than a rumour. There was an official interview with the band at the time of the psychonaut release. From memory I'm sure it also discussed numerology within the song writing process.
The existence of the very long song version was brought up within that interview.
I do have many mags and music papers which I saved and packed away because they included Neph stuff.
It wont be soon but I will look it out.