Moonchild (single version) video?

Discuss about the albums and videos the band has released over the years. The band we are talking about here is of course F.O.T.N. and not side-projects, similar bands etc. Please use other sections if you want to talk about the weather.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

ojopaj
Watcher

Moonchild (single version) video?

Post by ojopaj » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:33 am

So for many years i have VASTLY preferred the "single version" of Moonchild (as far as I can tell, it wisely omits the constant drone of one of the rhythm guitar parts). And I dearly love the official Moonchild video. To my surprise, it appears that no one has put those two together. Does anyone know of a Youtube video of the official video, but using the vastly superior "single edit" version of the song?

I'm thinking of making one myself, if I can figure out how to do so, but I literally have no idea how to even begin such an endeavor...

Any input/advice greatly appreciated
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." — Robert J. Hanlon
WolfyBauwow
Psychonaut

Re: Moonchild (single version) video?

Post by WolfyBauwow » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:47 am

I'm not familiar with the single or the difference in sound but I am with audio/video

I take it you have no A/V editing experience? It might be a learning curve at first, but consider it a new adventure.
Watching some youtube video tutorials on how use your software can help.

-as far as an overlay of an audio track on a video, you would need at the least, basic video editing software.
If you are inexperienced go for something simple, all you need for this. There are basic freeware programs.

-you would then need a copy of the video in a format compatable with your software ( which shouldnt be a problem with the right codex) and a copy of the audio track.

-You would import the 2 into the program. Drag the audio track to match the best you can to the one in the video. Then mute the original audio of the video. Then you render. Which combines them into a new video.

Thats about it . If you need to lift the video and audio from a source, you would need recording programs to do that first.
ojopaj
Watcher

Post by ojopaj » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:06 pm

Here is a link to this vastly superior version of the song:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GAhpdNZOy8M
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." — Robert J. Hanlon
WolfyBauwow
Psychonaut

Post by WolfyBauwow » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:18 pm

ojopaj wrote:Here is a link to this vastly superior version of the song:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GAhpdNZOy8M
nice. If I had a good copy of the video I could be inspired to match them up for you and email it to you.