The Sequel - Meaning

Discuss about the albums and videos the band has released over the years. The band we are talking about here is of course F.O.T.N. and not side-projects, similar bands etc. Please use other sections if you want to talk about the weather.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

TheNephilimJohn
Moonchild

The Sequel - Meaning

Post by TheNephilimJohn » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi there folks,

This one's about the song The Sequel, one of all the great songs that make Dawnrazor, this one has always intrigued me... Of course one can make many interpretations of the FOTN lyrics, but I always wondered what The Sequel is about?...

"Well I'm back what do you cry for?
When I'm dead will you cry more?

This has been a sequel
This is how the sequel ends"

The main questions for me, in the song's theme, are: Who's crying and what is this sequel about?
Not to mention the screams in the beggining and also in the end, accompanied by that chainsaw sound, can this be related to any spaghetti western movie?? Like some other songs of this album have references to...

Would like to know your thoughts on this and what meaning do you make of this song?

Forever Remain!
"For the Nephilim now look forward to a long reign that might take moments to experience, but lifetimes to fulfill."
Beladona
Moonchild

Re: The Sequel - Meaning

Post by Beladona » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:12 pm

I think this lyrics is about that the second chance in a relationship does not usually work.
TheNephilimJohn
Moonchild

Post by TheNephilimJohn » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:05 pm

Yeah it does make sense putting that way, but being FOTN I was trying to find a more profound meaning in the lyrics, too much I think... If it's indeed about that, then I felt the lyrics deeply in the skin this time! :D
"For the Nephilim now look forward to a long reign that might take moments to experience, but lifetimes to fulfill."
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:20 pm

reincarnation maybe? *cthulhu*
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:26 pm

Possibly reincarnation in its usual meaning or re-incarnation at each wake up from sleep as the end of the journey out of the body.

Of course there's a reference to a horror movie. It's already been mentioned in the forum in the past. Which name of movie I don't remember though. I can ask.

There seems to be more than those lyrics above, but as usual the words are hard to determine.

Sea quails as sea birds (turnstones) or sea shaking?

The order of the seek well for sure, what else?
TheNephilimJohn
Moonchild

Post by TheNephilimJohn » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:54 pm

oldnephilim wrote:reincarnation maybe?
Ngie wrote:Possibly reincarnation in its usual meaning or re-incarnation at each wake up from sleep as the end of the journey out of the body.
Reincarnation seems a very good point oldnephilim and Ngie, more into what Carl likes to write about.
Ngie wrote:There seems to be more than those lyrics above, but as usual the words are hard to determine.
Really? I didn't noticed those words, I even listened to the song again and still nothing...
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:28 pm

TheNephilimJohn : there are different versions.

On the Fallen album live one I hear
« this is the seek wall this is how the sea quails 
 this is our seek wall this is how the sea quails »

burn like heaven

what else, what else, what else
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2RTWtwCvtk

To my question about the sounds at the end of the song no answer yet on facebook, I've just asked again.
It could be sounds of chainsaw but all the same terrifying sounds and movements of motorbike.
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:40 am

Ngie wrote: Of course there's a reference to a horror movie. It's already been mentioned in the forum in the past. Which name of movie I don't remember though. I can ask.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre ?
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
TheNephilimJohn
Moonchild

Post by TheNephilimJohn » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:50 am

Ngie wrote:On the Fallen album live one I hear
« this is the seek wall this is how the sea quails 
 this is our seek wall this is how the sea quails »
It really looks like it in this version.
ThomasB wrote:Texas Chainsaw Massacre ?
Best guess for me as well... But if that's the case, what's the connection it may have with the song?
Elisium Fields
Watcher

The Sequel - Meaning

Post by Elisium Fields » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:45 pm

Reincarnation certainly gets my vote, but as always in reality we can only guess at what the main was thinking when he wrote this and all of the others. *smoking*
"I stand alone, inside you.....I stand alone, the skys bruised..........."
WolfyBauwow
Psychonaut

Post by WolfyBauwow » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:59 am

Beladona wrote:I think this lyrics is about that the second chance in a relationship does not usually work.
From what others commented about there being a horror movie sample in the song, I'd say it was a VERY BAD relationship! :shock: