What dreams may come - dreaming and sleep paralysis

A forum to discuss the more arcane side of FOTN. If you want a more serious discussion on FOTN then you'll find it here.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

What dreams may come - dreaming and sleep paralysis

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:48 pm

Mourning all!

Some psychologists believe that "alien abduction" experiences are actually sleep paralysis during dreaming, when our consciousness is drifting in and out of sleep whilst we are dreaming. Or something along those lines, anyhow!

Last night and as recent as 7 AM, I had a lot of dreams. When I kept waking up during the night and wee small hours, I seemed to go straight into another dream when I went back to sleep. I am not sure if this is my imagination playing tricks with me, but I thought I experienced a moment when I was still in a dream-like state, but at the same time consciously trying to open my eye lids and finding it impossible to do so. I think this is the closet that I have ever come to experiencing so called sleep paralysis. And interestingly, one of the dreams I had was about being in a horror computer game, which one could be forgiven of thinking might be an "alien" encounter!

(This is what happens when one plays "Fallout Las Vegas" before bedtime!)

Has anyone else experienced sleep paralysis during dreaming, or similar states?
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
Ngie
Leviathan

Re: What dreams may come - dreaming and sleep paralysis

Post by Ngie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:50 pm

same as everybody I think: I stay paralyzed or like with cotton numby legs when there's an emergency to run before giant spiders or invading waters, other endangering stuff.

It seems that you're very interested in meeting an alien - at least on the mundane plane ;): any need of a stranger/foreign creature to save your/the world?