Nephilim-giants or entities?

A forum to discuss the more arcane side of FOTN. If you want a more serious discussion on FOTN then you'll find it here.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Bau
Nephilim

Nephilim-giants or entities?

Post by Bau » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:08 am

there seems to be these 2 different depictions. That 'nephilim' were flesh and blood giants or that they were entities not of the 'material' world. Or was it both?

here is one guys interpretations, some interesting info there, wonder how accurate much of it is. havent persued too deep .

http://stevequayle.com/Giants/index2.html

http://youtu.be/pLBIXq292UM

I found it interesting he was taking about depictions of other mythological creatures in relation to the nephilim one.
he talks a lot about 'discoveries' of bones. and says there is a cover up or somethign. 36 foot giants?? that pretty hard to cover up. i highly doubt the scientific community would have reason for doing that. :roll:
Twist of fate wont give me a break and myself I'm slow and tired ~ COC
ian
Leviathan

Re: Nephilim-giants or entities?

Post by ian » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:21 pm

Well my understanding of the issue, for what its worth......

The Nephilim were the flesh and blood kin of the watchers after the watchers had mated with humankind.
Kostas
Dawnrazor

Post by Kostas » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:03 pm

ian wrote:The Nephilim were the flesh and blood kin of the watchers after the watchers had mated with humankind.
...also, in times before the great flood they made records and played great live gigs. Then the wrath of god fell upon them (and their fans), so they stopped making records and started fooling mankind about studio releases and dvds....
"...we are the lost ones, in the company of bright angels."
REANIMATORS - GREEK LEGION

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Reanimat ... 1677029341
http://www.myspace.com/thesequelfotngr
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:50 pm

ian wrote:Well my understanding of the issue, for what its worth......

The Nephilim were the flesh and blood kin of the watchers after the watchers had mated with humankind.
thank that would make the watchers flesh and blood wouldnt it?

its seems there are contradiction and variation between many writings and sources between the 'angels' as being non flesh and sexless entities to the tale of the nephilim.
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:21 pm

Kostas wrote:
ian wrote:The Nephilim were the flesh and blood kin of the watchers after the watchers had mated with humankind.
...also, in times before the great flood they made records and played great live gigs. Then the wrath of god fell upon them (and their fans), so they stopped making records and started fooling mankind about studio releases and dvds....
:lol: *notworthy*

well this does bring up an interesting question, what did the nephilim and ancient people use for music?
according to this article a bone flute is the oldest instrument

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8117915.stm

altho some beleive the didgeridoo to be older

http://didgeridooreview.com/didgeridoo/ ... the-world/

though most articles put sumer at a much later date around 3000BC

http://www.williamsound.com/gold_lyre_music_info.html

:idea: mabee FOTN need to add a lyre to the new material. *whistle*
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:51 pm

As far as I know, some of the angels had sex with whatever an orifice. Which might have been a way to praise Gods creation. So angels might not have been flesh'n blood, but there weren't also strangers to it.

The Nephilim were flesh and blood. Later, when they were dead, not.

There's this ghastly thing told about 'em that they ate people and other stuff. I don't find this information very trustworthy because history is always written by the winners. Being dead made it even harder for the Nephilim to tell their side of the story.

I like think of 'em not as giants in a physical sense but as giants as philosophers.
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:40 pm

I think all this nephilim thingy is just another bloody hoax, that came out from some twisted mind smoking weed and drinking some fermented shit. Amen *cthulhu*
morning comes as light burning out my eyes
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:49 pm

angry bob wrote:I think all this nephilim thingy is just another bloody hoax, that came out from some twisted mind smoking weed and drinking some fermented shit. Amen *cthulhu*
Weird. I had the same thought when I stumbled out of the cinema the other day. :P
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:54 pm

markandre13 wrote:
angry bob wrote:I think all this nephilim thingy is just another bloody hoax, that came out from some twisted mind smoking weed and drinking some fermented shit. Amen *cthulhu*
Weird. I had the same thought when I stumbled out of the cinema the other day. :P
Angelic stuff actually is a good material for the movies. The Prophecy is rather cool one
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:21 pm

Adam (female principle as 'une dame') and Eve (male as Eve+il il=he masc.) were getting on well in the begining of their mutual creation. They needed nothing but each other's company and food (humours according to some theory) until Eve is tempted elsewhere than Adam for food. The balance kept by their mutual need of each other is cut. Since then start the arguments and discordance between them both. Frustration, jealousy, betrayal, fight, become the new feelings and food along with the distance.
The price/vengeance seems to have become : let's see how you will bear the distance now.
From then survey became a problem and all sorts of food have been tried at any price even the destruction of other life.
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:06 pm

I imagine the dialogue…

Joseph : Oï ! Jeeze ! Are you going to help me with dat bloody planks or feckin' what, yer lazy basterd ?
Jesus : Wait ! I had a vision ! Feed the meek ! Clothe the Earth ! The hungry shall inherit the naked !
Joseph : Yer been smokin' dat crap dat the Tyr merchant sold you, innit ? Told yer t'was no good. Bloody son gonna be the death of mee, I swear !
Jesus : What if I reveal to you that Mary had a virgin birth ?
Joseph : And yer telling me dat bollocks ? I'm the feckin' one to feckin' know whether I feckin' did the sign o' the double-gilled alligator wid mee wife or what, for Jahweh's sake ! Now will yer feckin' get back to work ? Yer a carpenter, remember, so put yer bony Jewish's ass in gear !
Jesus : Next time I'll be a zoroastrian !
Joseph : Watcher grumblin' 'bout, buster ?
Jesus : Oh, sod it.

Yes, I'll get mee coat…
*whistle*
Last edited by ThomasB on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:37 pm

Weed Thomas : *cthulhu*
:mrgreen:

Digital audio tape bollocks... I'd be curious to listen.
ian
Leviathan

Post by ian » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:49 pm

Thomas if you aint on drugs tonight mate you fecking need to be :lol: *cthulhu*
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:55 pm

I'd rather think like Dogmatix he's fallen in it when he was little :D
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:25 am

ian wrote:Thomas if you aint on drugs tonight mate you fecking need to be :lol: *cthulhu*
Do you think I need drugs or anything to talk bollocks ? :wink:
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:26 am

Bau wrote: http://youtu.be/pLBIXq292UM
I found it interesting he was taking about depictions of other mythological creatures in relation to the nephilim one.
he talks a lot about 'discoveries' of bones. and says there is a cover up or somethign. 36 foot giants?? that pretty hard to cover up. i highly doubt the scientific community would have reason for doing that. :roll:
Cant be arsed to watch it... The giant skeletons are fake. It was stated by explorer and writer Andrew Collins. I read a comment by him where he says its a hoax. A competent source i believe he is.
ThomasB wrote:Do you think I need drugs or anything to talk bollocks ?
No. I'm speaking from the experience :mrgreen:
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:44 pm

markandre13 wrote:As far as I know, some of the angels had sex with whatever an orifice. Which might have been a way to praise Gods creation. So angels might not have been flesh'n blood, but there weren't also strangers to it.

The Nephilim were flesh and blood. Later, when they were dead, not.

There's this ghastly thing told about 'em that they ate people and other stuff. I don't find this information very trustworthy because history is always written by the winners. Being dead made it even harder for the Nephilim to tell their side of the story.

I like think of 'em not as giants in a physical sense but as giants as philosophers.

orifice? yeah ok you had the male angels breeding with female humans, so what about female angels and human males?

as far a cannabalism, it was not uncommon in ancient times, that have been all sorts of stories about it , also not uncommon with many primative cultures.

I agree with your last sentence. i think the translations of these old texts the stories are taken from are iffy. the 'men of renown' thing being less about giants and more about rulers of influence. as you say 'giants' in another definition.
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:56 pm

angry bob wrote: Cant be arsed to watch it... The giant skeletons are fake. It was stated by explorer and writer Andrew Collins. I read a comment by him where he says its a hoax. A competent source i believe he is.

Cant say I agree with Collins views or trust him as a competent source of much either realy. :roll:

but well its all just myth anyway innit? most myths and legends are just passed down stories with a shred of fact combined with a whole lot of misinformation. yup good material for movies and art. I emagine the people who wrote the original stuff about it thought so too. *whistle* *cthulhu*
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:35 pm

Bau wrote:orifice? yeah ok you had the male angels breeding with female humans, so what about female angels and human males?
I've never thought of that but I've also never heard of female angels. Maybe they are all Hermaphrodites?
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:41 pm

Women may not need to pretend such as men have, a world in which not just what you see is what you get but which became : all that you see is all that you get.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_IPc9HzEtgOo/T ... 000111.jpg
:mrgreen:

About shocking vocabulary, I'd say it's rather metaphorical...not to be taken too litterally.
ex: to be devoured when is followed by 'by light' has another meaning than flesh to feed.
The horror is changed in grace = exaclty the opposite.

A blog page entitled "the symbiotic relationships:cannibalism, truffles and scramble eggs":
http://www.ecopolis.org/the-symbiotic-r ... bled-eggs/