first impression about the eden house

A forum for all things Eden House related.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Re: first impression about the eden house

Post by wild bill buttock » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:29 pm

This is ace. Best thread for months.
Like everyone says- everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I'd give it up if I were you, Almagast, as you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
OK, The Eden House doesn't appeal to your musical taste. But when you liken TEH to operatic metal, claiming bands like Nightwish to be goth then you are talking ill informed crap.
And just who exactly are these "pop-rock female voice based bands from the '80 & '90's" that The Eden house are "a cheap imitation" of? Because I'd really like to hear them.
Oh yeah and coming up with ignorant statements of the "I don't understand why is that "band" even mentioned on this forum.." is complete nonsense. Perhaps the fact that The Eden House's album "Smoke and mirrors" features contributions from 4 original members of Fields of the Nephilim (you know, the "Goth wannabes" that wrote the music to 3 of the finest gothic rock albums ever made) might have something to do with it.
I could go on and kick holes in every argument and statement you've made on this thread so far. But quite frankly I can't be arsed. Try a little research on the internet, Almagast, then perhaps you'll realise exactly the kind of pratt you are making yourself look.
Azâzêl
Moonchild

Post by Azâzêl » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:24 pm

Cool thread...cheered me up! :lol:
Come in from the cold.
GreboGoth
Dawnrazor

Post by GreboGoth » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:59 pm

At the end of the day opinions are like clitorises - every cnuts got one !!! ( And NO I'm not calling anyone a cnut)

I do however feel while everyone is entitled to their own opinion it should remain just that - An opinion. Trying to back ones opinion up with illogical comments, or comments that are just plain incorrect is asking for trouble. - When you are in a hole it is often wise to stop digging !!!

All that said I also dont think there is ANY need for personal attack or insult. Communities like ours are too small in this day and age as it is. But just so people dont think I've come over like some peace loving hippie I'll just state for the record that Ted is a cnut ( a blue nose one that is ) :wink:

Almagast stick around as different opinions are fun and it's what makes this place fun. We are however the Millwall of band forums - For those that know their football chants
SEARCHING FOR...
SEARCHING FOR...
I KEEP SEARCHING FOR RED SKIES
Enoch
Dawnrazor

Post by Enoch » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:26 pm

This is amusing! Pray continue :D But of course the good people above trying to calm matters are right - I'm actually surprised I find myself on the amused side in this thread for once, instead of in their position.

And thanks to baba for showing a practical example how a negative opinion can be stated without being an outright flame-bait.
Night obliterates the day and all the fun begins
The Damned - Curtain Call

Citizen of a nation otherwise populated mainly by blinded, brain damaged xenophobes
Ozathoth
Moonchild

Post by Ozathoth » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:10 am

Hey, I came from Australia to see them play at Whitby, and they were awesome! Smoke & Mirrors was the best album I bought last year. I even bought it on iTunes first since I couldn't find it in Australia without paying ridiculous import prices, then I bought the actual CD in London before the gig, just because I could. :D

I also like Danzig & Slayer and other heavy metal bands like that, but I guess I'm too much of an anomaly to be a reasonable opinion. :lol:
"I take the dream!"
ziarah
Moonchild

Post by ziarah » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:48 am

I'm still baffled.

That's somewhat like amused, right?
aidy
Dawnrazor

Post by aidy » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:40 am

almagast wrote:
ziarah wrote: but I have to wonder why someone would come to a FOTN forum to complain about The Eden House.
1. i posted in the right section
2. someone else warned me about this forum and about your british arrogance (talking about all of you) but i was too deaf to listen.
3. besides you and 20 or 30 more people no one i know heard about eden house. i have asked about them on a lot of rock/metal forums and guess what, got answers like " eden who? "
4. this so-called band will never get any mainstream success because they have nothing to say, their music is a cheap imitation of pop-rock female voice based bands from the '80 & '90's.
5. if you guys are not ready to accept other people opinions just ask a moderator to lock the topic & ban me.

im just gonna add my bit

we dont mind yiu having an opinion , debate is good but im suprised you did it the way you did, would you expect a bit of a back lash if someone went on arch enemys forum and slagged them off i think the teeny death metalers would go ape shit.

get your facts right too british arogance...we are legion mate and if you dont know what that means ....well

saying that the band wont get mainstream success....so what i dont recall the nephilim getting much mainstream success....we were there.

what weebs said is right you dont have too like the house but we do,

and marcus dont compare me to Millwall :wink:

so please have your opinion and if its not constructive........expect the back lash.....

so we wont see you at the gigs then.....your loss
TELL ME ? WHERES YOUR LOVE ?? TELL ME ? WHERES YOUR HEART ??
http://www.myspace.com/dawnrazoraidy
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:04 am

almagast wrote:2. someone else warned me about this forum and about your british arrogance (talking about all of you) but i was too deaf to listen.
Yohoo! Me ist britisch! Und ich hab even britisch Arrogranz. (Whatever that is...) That's so fcuking cute of you. ***BIG SWEATY HUG FROM DEUTSCHLAND*** And you've even been warned of us! Wie geil ist das denn!!! Up yours man, keep posting!
almagast wrote:3. besides you and 20 or 30 more people no one i know heard about eden house. i have asked about them on a lot of rock/metal forums and guess what, got answers like " eden who? "
They are pretty cool live. Relaxed. Professional. No need to prove anything to anybody as they've already done that in their respective pasts. They're like beer for the ears.
almagast wrote:4. this so-called band will never get any mainstream success
Fcuk the mainstream. I've been there. I'm trough with it. It's just dragging your cash away and gives you nothin in return. (Damn! I want back the 80ties mainstream. It had such a nice influence from Goth and MIDI... before it all went down the drain.)
almagast wrote:5. if you guys are not ready to accept other people opinions just ask a moderator to lock the topic & ban me.
No no! Keep talking! (Btw. we might consider a rants category here and call it 'Hot&Spicy' so no one get's pissed by accident. Or am I too demure now?)
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Post by wild bill buttock » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:13 am

Did some Yam-Yam call me cnut?
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:23 am

• Jam Good
    Custard Good
    Meat Good
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:24 am

how about Eden House collaborating with Angela Gossow then? the mainstream success is at hand!
sorry couldn't resist :mrgreen:
morning comes as light burning out my eyes
Blue Angel
Nephilim

Post by Blue Angel » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:23 pm

weebleswobble wrote:
  • Jam Good
    Custard Good
    Meat Good
Always noshing, always!

:mrgreen:
Fields of the Neffalump

Jism!
Dreadbear
Psychonaut

Post by Dreadbear » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:34 pm

For Nephs sake, Almagast has a point here and I can´t see why he/she has the to be spanked! I think Eden House is a decent band, with some real good songs, but I would not dream to put them in the same division as FOTN or even NFD. Sorry, I don´t think their songs are strong enough! Call me conservative but also I have a problem with the shifting of vocalists. Makes it hard for me to see them as a band...I think. They all have strong voices but I would prefer just one voice!

Dread but dreaming!

Dread Bear (inna Sweden)
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:50 am

It´s not about his opinion dircetly , i´t s about the way he told his opinion - it was just like going into a pub and "fcuk off all yer cnuts" ... so no wonder some echoes were also hard. And it´s also an intention about the whole project of shifting singers, they don´t want to be a band in classical meaning.

in between:

"The band are currently busy recording new material. We had planned to release a series of EPs, but have decided to move straight to a full length album, release date TBA.
"

*notworthy*
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:56 pm

easy peeps... no one is telling here anybody to fcuk off or any in that vein... there's nothing wrong when someone thinks this is boring or this is crap or you're a twat :mrgreen:
a bit different matter when arguments become, urm slightly ridiculous... but, as long as it stays war on arguments its all fine innit? :wink:
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:46 pm

never mind that pish should Robbie rejoin Take That?
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:20 pm

Defo! Can't wait to hear them singing Shine together!
almagast
Moonchild

Post by almagast » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:23 pm

Dreadbear wrote:For Nephs sake, Almagast has a point here and I can´t see why he/she has the to be spanked! I think Eden House is a decent band, with some real good songs, but I would not dream to put them in the same division as FOTN or even NFD. Sorry, I don´t think their songs are strong enough! Call me conservative but also I have a problem with the shifting of vocalists. Makes it hard for me to see them as a band...I think. They all have strong voices but I would prefer just one voice!

Dread but dreaming!

Dread Bear (inna Sweden)
Hahaha, thanks Dread Bear - whoever you are.

And yea, i'd like to see your "ultra-mega-super sensual female based band" teaming up with Angela Gossow! i'd even BUY the album :lol:

You can tell me to "fcuk" off and "fcuk" myself as much as you want - i had a lot of fun with this topic.
Go on, hate me ! You hate in me what you hate in yourself.
Forever drunk!
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:29 pm

The Eden House? FANTASTIC! :mrgreen:

Great on record, even better live!

Utterly superb! :mrgreen:

So good, I bought the t-shirt! Actually, I bought six!

The Eden House are absolutely amazing. Wonderful. Perfect. Fantastic.

*notworthy*
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:30 pm

weebleswobble wrote:
  • Jam Good
    Custard Good
    Meat Good
...although not necessarily at the same time and mixed together into one meal!
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"