New song wishes

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

WolfyBauwow
Psychonaut

New song wishes

Post by WolfyBauwow » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:48 am

It's been a while since the release of Prophecy. Of course fans are hoping for something new.

FOTN has a very eclectic range of music, from very hard edged to soft and atmospheric.
If you could choose a new song to be released, what kind of song or sound would you like to hear next?

I love the metal stuff, Prophecy I liked, reminded me just a bit of some of the old school thrash I loved back in the day.
as a contrast the next thing Im wishing for would be something really atmospheric and beautiful, with some interesting sounds. I liked the ocean sounds at the end of the 24th moment track.

on a side note:
Im partial to ocean sounds anyway having lived by it most my life. For the interested only, here is a track I did.
The intro incorporates all different sea life and birds, also some fantasy effects like the siren song. admittedly things could be a lot better,the samples are a bit noisy and wonky. Like sailing on a seasick sea. alas its all Ive got, a gull wing and a prayer, and a kiss and a wish.
No samples in the rest of it just a little metaphorical mermaid type story inspired by my resident polterguest that likes to throw things. like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbrKdofef78 as you can see I'm used to it lol
This day I wrote the song, it threw a book off the shelf called "Mysterious World". It fell open to a story about 'nauscopie' or psychic nautical prediction. My song is called Lovescopie.

https://soundcloud.com/alice-aleka/lovescopie-deepdub

and if Carl doesn't put out a new single soon, I'll use the force to send some seagulls to poke him in the knees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9t-slLl30E
VetForTheInsane
Moonchild

Re: New song wishes

Post by VetForTheInsane » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:47 pm

Absolutely anything at all so long as the Wright brothers and Peter Yates play on it !!!!!!!!

Without the Wright brothers I'm not that arsed coz it then isnt Fields of the Nephilim.
Beladona
Moonchild

Post by Beladona » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:24 pm

I will be grateful for any new record.
hellboy69
Dawnrazor

Post by hellboy69 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:56 pm

I patiently await the studio version of ‘Earthbound’. Could become an all time favourite, that one...
in the swirling pool of blood and brains...
ojopaj
Watcher

Post by ojopaj » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:39 am

VetForTheInsane wrote:Absolutely anything at all so long as the Wright brothers and Peter Yates play on it !!!!!!!!

Without the Wright brothers I'm not that arsed coz it then isnt Fields of the Nephilim.
Hell yeah!
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." — Robert J. Hanlon
WolfyBauwow
Psychonaut

Post by WolfyBauwow » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:40 pm

I realize a lot of people long for the glory days of the original line up. There is a certain magic formula and chemistry that happens with certain collaboration to be sure. But most bands cant have there lifelong bond. After all there is only one RUSH.

So the crux of the problem is time, and our headlong tumble into the future never stops, times change and people change. I could see them hopping the proverbial time machine one day and all getting together , if on good terms, for something like a one-off concert. But nothing more.

The way I see it is a band is like a marriage. They meet when they are young and new to things. When people go through life changes and find they aren't compatable anymore they get divorced. Its a snowballs chance in hell they would ever get back together, once it's broken depending on how drastic the differences and the reason for the break up. No matter how much the children , in this case the fans, loved things as they were and want to see them get back together again. Those times 'the glory days' of our youth have past, they can never be with us again. It can be hard to let go , appreciate it for what it was, and instead to long for that childhood. It can be hard to accept their new partners and that change. No one is right or wrong it's just the evolution of life and time and art.

It seems like Carl was the disatisfied partner and in that situation some of his needs weren't being met. He was wanting to ride the lightning and his partner (s) wanted a dreamy stroll through elizium fields. When you have that metal spirit is inside you it has to find satisfaction. But hey you've got Tony Pettitt back in the band! So be greatful for that! From listening to some of the current shows, sound to me like he deserves more credit for being a driving force of creating the signature sound. You can hear it in the 'earthbound' instrumental they have been doing.

I myself have enjoyed the different guitarists. But then being a metalhead, I have as much a bias as the fans of the original line up I suppose. I like the new guy Adam. He seems to have a great vibe about him and really be into what he is doing.