Ghost Town, 1988

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

VetForTheInsane
Moonchild

Ghost Town, 1988

Post by VetForTheInsane » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:22 am

The film Ghost Town has long been forgotten and was watched by very few. So few in fact that, even at the time amongst Nephilim fans, it was never ever mentioned in the same light as the miami vice episode or preacher man on archie's stereo upstairs at the woolpack on emmerdale.

It was 1988, Dawnrazor had been out a good while and the second album was expected later that year.
It was the age of the video store and I'd seen some clips of Ghost Town so I rented it.
To look at it now with the passage of time, it seems utterly unconnected to the Neph.
And yes it was unconnected.
But, there was nothing remotely like it and back then it seemed like way too much of a coincidence.
It may be a reach to some and yes there's a possibility that the writer had only seen Once upon A Time In etc, but thirty years on and I still am certain that someone was aware of the dawnrazor imagery and it played the tiniest of small parts in the germ of the idea that became Ghost Town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgcNbMUKYo4

The film was shit by the way.
Last edited by VetForTheInsane on Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
WolfyBauwow
Psychonaut

Re: Ghost Town, 1988

Post by WolfyBauwow » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:05 pm

You may have something there. The scene at 0:57 definately looks like a FOTN band photo *whistle* :lol: