Sad news

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Ngie
Leviathan

Sad news

Post by Ngie » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:50 am

A recent dispute between Carl and Rob Ferguson, the manager of FOTN, led to the end of their collaboration. What happened ? Is there a major disagreement between them or simply was it caused by stress in the context of several live dates? Two consecutive days of concert represent a sum of excitement but also of fatigue. While the current line-up has reached the top level in the interpretation of the songs and their live performance is perfect, would Carl be tired of doing the same thing? It would be déjà vu. This happened in the past. Carl was tired of what they were doing with Elizium, which caused the split of the initial group of FOTN.
For Carl and Rob it's a 20-year partnership that stops. Whatever caused it, let us wish they overcome their difference of opinion so that their friendship continue.
And let's trust Carl. Like the pheonix he will reborn from ashes again.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3087

The Fields Of The Nephilim Interview at Hellfest 2010:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqjQpIwVX2E

https://www.facebook.com/ngie.ngie
markandre13
Leviathan

Re: Sad news

Post by markandre13 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:39 pm

Should every good band have a mediator?
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
VetForTheInsane
Moonchild

Post by VetForTheInsane » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:39 am

Ngie wrote:A recent dispute between Carl and Rob Ferguson, the manager of FOTN, led to the end of their collaboration. What happened ? Is there a major disagreement between them or simply was it caused by stress in the context of several live dates? Two consecutive days of concert represent a sum of excitement but also of fatigue. While the current line-up has reached the top level in the interpretation of the songs and their live performance is perfect, would Carl be tired of doing the same thing? It would be déjà vu. This happened in the past. Carl was tired of what they were doing with Elizium, which caused the split of the initial group of FOTN.
For Carl and Rob it's a 20-year partnership that stops. Whatever caused it, let us wish they overcome their difference of opinion so that their friendship continue.
And let's trust Carl. Like the pheonix he will reborn from ashes again.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3087

The Fields Of The Nephilim Interview at Hellfest 2010:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqjQpIwVX2E

https://www.facebook.com/ngie.ngie
They have merely been a Nephilim covers band for quite a few years now so if Carl is tired of the same thing, imagine what us fans of 30 years think!!!!!
WolfyBauwow
Psychonaut

Post by WolfyBauwow » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:07 am

VetForTheInsane wrote:
Ngie wrote:
They have merely been a Nephilim covers band for quite a few years now so if Carl is tired of the same thing, imagine what us fans of 30 years think!!!!!
Ouch :twisted: I think you summed up the sentiments I've read from many a fan for a while now.

As they say "all things must come to an end" and " out with the old in with the new"
change is inevitable... Unless you are a FOTN fan? *whistle* :wink: Nope not immune.
Well perhaps this change will bring in new managerial team that will have a different way of doing things and infuse new life into the project? wishing them best of luck toward moving forward.
Hat_Shades
Moonchild

Post by Hat_Shades » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:46 am

VetForTheInsane wrote:
Hilarious usage of the plural. It is just you, dear fan of 30 years. Don't presume to speak of anyone else.

Slightly less hilarious is the notion that thirty years of being a "fan" would provide you the status to try and throw the artist of 36 years off the rail by pronouncing the current outlet "a covers band".

I understand it can be an exhausting process -- imagine, for thirty consecutive years, for a "fan", to be constantly forced to "think".

But there are worse treats life can offer -- for instance, if you are an artist of 36 years and has to go through the odd experience of witnessing some loudmouths on some forum passing sentence on your work.

Then again -- he knew it beforehand and sang mockingly about it "Keep talking -- you're a hunter -- I'm a wolf"

I should add "And I've heard a million conversations going where they've been before"...
Enoch
Dawnrazor

Post by Enoch » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:52 pm

Hat_Shades wrote:
VetForTheInsane wrote:
Hilarious usage of the plural. It is just you, dear fan of 30 years. Don't presume to speak of anyone else.
Hilarious reduction of an actual general sentiment to one person, all for a lengthy ad hominem posting ;P

Let me presume something also: Even people liking the past years of Nephilim activity would certainly be happy to have some new Neph material to listen to.
Night obliterates the day and all the fun begins
The Damned - Curtain Call

Citizen of a nation otherwise populated mainly by blinded, brain damaged xenophobes
Hat_Shades
Moonchild

Post by Hat_Shades » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:27 pm

Enoch wrote: Hilarious reduction of an actual general sentiment to one person, all for a lengthy ad hominem posting ;P

Let me presume something also: Even people liking the past years of Nephilim activity would certainly be happy to have some new Neph material to listen to.
At least my ad hominems [quite a heavy phrasing for some tongue-in-cheek sarcasm..eh] do not employ plural terms.

Just my own -- terms, that is.

Everyone would like some new Neph material to listen to; lack thereof, though, does not consitute "everyone" [hence my disapproval of that plural terms for sheer sensationalism] -- and in fact, anyone -- to label the current outlet a "covers band".

If anything, such slander contradicts the original complaint: if the source of bitterness is "lack of new Neph material", then one can hardly expect it from a "covers band".

If the source of bitterness is that "the current outlet is a covers band", the one would hardly value any new material this outlet produces as "legit Neph material".

See the logical fallacy?

Plural terms and fallacies aside, this is all very kindly written.
No bad feeling for anyone, and not anyone has bad feeling for Carl..
.. or good ol' Hat_Shades : )
VetForTheInsane
Moonchild

Post by VetForTheInsane » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:03 pm

Hat_Shades wrote:
Enoch wrote: Hilarious reduction of an actual general sentiment to one person, all for a lengthy ad hominem posting ;P

At least my ad hominems [quite a heavy phrasing for some tongue-in-cheek sarcasm..eh] do not employ plural terms.

Just my own -- terms, that is.

Everyone would like some new Neph material to listen to; lack thereof, though, does not consitute "everyone" [hence my disapproval of that plural terms for sheer sensationalism] -- and in fact, anyone -- to label the current outlet a "covers band".

If anything, such slander contradicts the original complaint: if the source of bitterness is "lack of new Neph material", then one can hardly expect it from a "covers band".

If the source of bitterness is that "the current outlet is a covers band", the one would hardly value any new material this outlet produces as "legit Neph material".

See the logical fallacy?

Plural terms and fallacies aside, this is all very kindly written.
No bad feeling for anyone, and not anyone has bad feeling for Carl..
.. or good ol' Hat_Shades : )
Everyone has a right to an opinion.
Yes some stuff on Mourning is ok and somewhat enjoyable.

I'm merely comparing them to a covers band because they currently only tour decades old stuff and lack the sonic majesty and individual subtlety that the sum of all their original parts brought.
If Carl did indeed split up the band coz he didnt like Elizium then 30 years showing us the alternative is a bit................. (insert choice of ending)