New album update

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Wyrt
Moonchild

New album update

Post by Wyrt » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:15 pm

THE DARKNESS BEFORE DAWN
FIELDS OF THE NEPHILIM
Back in the Studio

Fields of the Nephilim have been elusive on the live scene during 2014 with only a few exclusive appearances. They have been spending the time creating, writing and recording new material

"Now is the time for me to let go and release some new Nephilim tracks which have been constrained to the studio for some time.
Trying to concentrate the work and thoughts down to a simple single objective is always a difficult practice but thats the nature of the beast .
Easy to find the beginning but always hard trying to reach the end .
I'll always close the door behind me to begin but it then becomes hard to find my way out when spending so much time in the dark.
We are finally at the stage of recording and compiling the most important elements created and gathered ” says Carl McCoy.

Further updates and release schedules to be revealed in due course here http://www.fields-of-the-nephilim.com
THE DARKNESS BEFORE DAWN FIELDS OF THE NEPHILIM Back in the Studio Fields of the Nephilim have been elusive on the live scene during 2014 with only a few exclusive appearances. They have been spending the time creating, writing and recording new material "Now is the time for me to let go and release some new Nephilim tracks which have been constrained to the studio for some time. Trying to concentrate the work and thoughts down to a simple single objective is always a difficult practice but thats the nature of the beast . Easy to find the beginning but always hard trying to reach the end . I'll always close the door behind me to begin but it then becomes hard to find my way out when spending so much time in the dark. We are finally at the stage of recording and compiling the most important elements created and gathered ” says Carl McCoy. Further updates and release schedules to be revealed in due course here http://www.fields-of-the-nephilim.com
Timoth
Dawnrazor

Re: New album update

Post by Timoth » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:38 pm

Ding bloody dong! That will do nicely, many thanks for the tip off Wyrt! :mrgreen:
Insert unfunny witicism here!
slempi
Moonchild

Post by slempi » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:28 pm

*notworthy*
nomad
Watcher

Post by nomad » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:54 pm

:shock:
"Where's the little man?"
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:00 am

Great ! So it means the CD should materialize in about three years ? *whistle*
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:21 am

"Fields of the Nephilim have been elusive on the live scene during 2014 with only a few exclusive appearances."

Really... Yeah right, back in 2013 they toured the whole world! :P
morning comes as light burning out my eyes
EatKnuckle
Psychonaut

Post by EatKnuckle » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:08 am

*smoking*
...cover his face...
scardwel
Leviathan

Post by scardwel » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:27 am

Stick this in your archive: FUCK OFF!
Last edited by scardwel on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:31 am

scardwel wrote:The significant thing about this development as that it's on the official site and not buried in some interview.
It's welcome news, but I'll believe it when I hear the finished product. :)
Yes, it's not as if we've never been there before, aye ? *whistle* *smoking*
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:39 pm

i hope that they film parts of the recording sessions and release some of it. i so much love the crude raw stuff before into turns into the polished something. :D
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:46 am

markandre13 wrote:i hope that they film parts of the recording sessions and release some of it. i so much love the crude raw stuff before into turns into the polished something. :D
Same. It's good to have it all finished eventually, at least when it ever happens, but I much apreciate to know of the various steps of creation, same for seeing a house or a plant in the garden get out of the ground then grow to bloom.
I'll always close the door behind me to begin but it then becomes hard to find my way out when spending so much time in the dark.
That's a mysterious sentence, perhaps a glimpse of Revelation 3:8 ?
Lizzie Umm
Moonchild

Post by Lizzie Umm » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:45 pm

Is this looking good for new tracks in London in December then?

Quote:

Didn't Carl say something mysterious like this about his mobile studio/Ice Cave when he was recording Mourning Sun? Can't find anything online, and it was a while ago... so I may have imagined it *whistle*
It's only a game,
We're only here to dream.
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:48 pm

At least that it isnt just a facebook announcement and it appeared on official site so fast so there is a little glimpse of a spark of hope ...
Untitled
Moonchild

Post by Untitled » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:04 am

That's a mysterious sentence, perhaps a glimpse of Revelation 3:8 ?
Or it's a matter of electricity issues in his basement : because of the low capacity of the circuit-breaker, only the mobile studio can be supplied ; so when Carl goes out of there, he closes the door behind him and then he's in the dark in the corridor. This sentence only suggests that the corridor is very long and sinuous.
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:39 am

:lol: Untitled : either you're very well informed or very imaginative!
Whatever : *notworthy*
redshaman
Moonchild

Post by redshaman » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:52 am

[quote="Lizzie Umm"]Is this looking good for new tracks in London in December then?

Unlikely as Carl said in a recent interview he doesnt like playing new material live before its released
because of it being put straight on you-tube.

In the year 2525 - Carl might release a new album if he's still alive.
goyless
Psychonaut

Post by goyless » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:26 pm

redshaman wrote:Unlikely as Carl said in a recent interview he doesnt like playing new material live before its released
I don't understand why it bothers him so much, the last time Nephilm played new material was before youtube was even invented.
Gargoyles rock!
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:55 pm

goyless wrote:
redshaman wrote:Unlikely as Carl said in a recent interview he doesnt like playing new material live before its released
I don't understand why it bothers him so much, the last time Nephilm played new material was before youtube was even invented.
maybe we have luck and the new album is out before the London gigs, aehm ...... :roll: :wink: *whistle*
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:13 pm

http://www.openculture.com/2014/07/the- ... world.html

3400 years ago - around 1400 years BC* first promo copy of the new album which will be released in 2015 ???????....

BC* = Before Carl :lol:
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:28 am

perhaps this is why the new album isnt done yet? Sheer Faith too busy working on video games perhaps? :P

http://www.myplaycity.com/demons_doomsday/
Twist of fate wont give me a break and myself I'm slow and tired ~ COC