Why Mr Carl McCoy is such an inspiration?

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Poison Ivy

Why Mr Carl McCoy is such an inspiration?

Post by Poison Ivy » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:28 pm

Why Mr Carl McCoy is important ? Why he gives us great inspiration?

I feel he is not pretending anything, as what he sings and creates is truly what he has in his hart. He is authentic in his deeds in his voice and presence.
The man of feeling and emotions instead a man of thinking, pretending, calculating.
During live to see his emotions - was like a deep breath of fresh air in the world of ‘normal’.
It is really HIM? So he really COME? Eyes closed, eyes opened – yes it is CARL.
It was strong, and I saw people having tears it their eyes. ‘Normal’ people, waiting all their life time to see him - it was magic of art – first time experience.
And he caught me deeply in that emotions, and it was, excitement, despair, desire, guest, search and some kind of summoning – perhaps? It was mainly Morning Sun – and I could not concentrate on any lyrics, and on any music separately – it was whole, it was like a direct flow – from one soul to the other. I have never had such a experience.
Only great artist is able to do it with his audience, and he did it with all of as present there – I suppose, I can talk only on my behalf, but I have seen that happening.
And you know – I was not even a big fan of Morning Sun before, putting Elysium on the first place. And now I can get MS out of my head….and it gives me shiver due to deep emotions hidden in it. I saw them on his face, it makes me witness than.
So it causes in me deep need of saying THANK YOU, you still have it, I do appreciate you, and please do not disappear, give me more one day, I am waiting for you, I am ready, only be there, somewhere, some time.
Even if I am only one person, only one tiny voice – I am not ashamed of my feelings. (but I know that there are many). And it is my gift to him.
I do not know him personally? Is it really matters, if I knew he prefers scrambled eggs or fried egg on his breakfast?
He could play better than that? It is not important now, what he did he did, maybe one day ….again?
And you know even if I am familiar with his work since 1991 live experience was something totally out of any control, pure, strong, full of meaning – in that case meaning only known to artist and his audience. So it cannot be set in words, but it has still happened.

I feel that Great Artist, able to reveal such a extreme emotions, produce them out of his soul must sometimes feel them taking control of him. I recognize him as a sensitive person.
It is why I think he needs sometimes support, want him to know that there are people totally inspired by his art, and it makes him personally important for us (for me).

As we received great gift of his presence, at least what we can do to try communicate the man that his art is miraculous. I start to understand why his communication is shut, he could get something he is not expecting or not willing to welcome. But I will never agree that his audience is not important to him, as I saw him giving to us everything he has.

Well it is almost finished :lol:
It is nothing against ‘normal’ life.
It is just art and be perfect supplement, and it is what art would bring into our life, if you let it in.
Open your arms, let me in ! Let the art in – perhaps it is possible only in your live experience.

I am so sorry that I am not good in English and my statement can look cripple for you , hoping at least to give you smile…
…. but I sow a lot of similar comments in polish after the Warsaw gig, and I know I am not alone.

I decided to put that massage here hoping one day it will get to him, not personally perhaps, but thru others, as only a whisper – Mr Carl McCoy, you are important for us, keep going if you will.

P.S. You can crucify me now, my work is done *cthulhu*
Xiberius
Psychonaut

Post by Xiberius » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:32 pm

maybe you should send your thoughts to Carl? If he get 10 mails like this a day, I am sure that will accelerate his work on the new album, and we will have it in.... 2021
˙˙˙uıʞlɐʇ dǝǝʞ
scardwel
Leviathan

Post by scardwel » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:36 pm

it must be his mysticism LoL! :wink:

I get my inspiration from the bottom of a fcuking pint pot.
Last Facebook For The Blocked!
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:03 pm

Thank you for posting this, and allowing me to bring more attention to a few opinions of my own.

You obviously care very much about art and your favorite artist , thier work moves you deeply, as does for most people. Thats what art is about. To express how we feel and share that expression. All lovely sentiments.

I know you think you have done something great and noble by posting what you did. But then to say your work is done?? What work?? And a post on an internet messageboard hardly makes for a cross.

May I suggest that you take some of that energy and do something with it in honor of your heartfelt sentiments , that makes a hell of a bit more of a difference than a rant on a message board... there are plenty of charities for musicians and the arts, Im sure if you looked you can find something in your area. If not mabee you should be the one to start one eh? If your thing is posting rants on messageboards, use that, find some good charities and start promoting them that way.

Try helping a few people carry some real crosses instead of erecting yourself on an imaginary one.

to who it may concern:

http://www.grammy.com/Musicares/

http://www.mary4music.com/Sound.html

http://www.vh1.com/partners/save_the_music/

viewtopic.php?t=1109&start=20
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:59 pm

PS

Usualy the reason communication becomes shut is because of 'overzealous' fans.

BTDT

I'm far from famous , but even I've had all sorts of strange emails, requests, questions.

I've had someone park outside my house and refuse to leave till my bassist threatened them. I've been grabbed after getting off stage, I have this cute tail I wear and one of the last shows I did they tore it in 3 pieces! boy was I mad! I once had a guy try to eat my mic stand, at the same show jellous beutician girlfriends of some males fans want to cut off my hair (don't ask if was a ruff show as my amp also decided to blow up, hmm come to think of it I wrote a story based on this gig quite some time ago that I think y'all might realy like... :wink: )

On another occation I had this huge guy, who insisted I should leave with him almost have a throwdown in a bar over me with this bouncer that looked like Lurch. If it had gone down they would have literaly taken the place apart. Now that would have been like a giant Nephilim death match. The worst was when I had a security guard, my own security! have some kind of love struck flip out after seeing my performance, grabbed me and started hugging me and wouldnt let me go, almost crushed the wind out of me, luckily my band members are big guys and pryed him off of me.

Things can get ugly quickly. Times that by thousands of fans in Carls case? yeah you tend to not want to encourge people, trust me.
melody
Psychonaut

Post by melody » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:33 pm

I don't see what the big deal is ~ Poison Ivy is who she is. At one point I may have felt something similar albeit expressed in a different way but have no desire to rush, hug and crush. Yes of course unstable stalkers do exist but they tend to be loners and do things in their own way and not let on too much, the very dangerous ones. Of course you don't want to encourage them but let's let people be innocent until proven guilty. PI is moved tremendously and likes to express herself and on a public forum people can respond how they like ~ take exception with those who are more unstable than Ms Ivy like... Invisible Goth.
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:06 pm

melody wrote:I don't see what the big deal is ~ Poison Ivy is who she is. At one point I may have felt something similar albeit expressed in a different way but have no desire to rush, hug and crush. Yes of course unstable stalkers do exist but they tend to be loners and do things in their own way and not let on too much, the very dangerous ones. Of course you don't want to encourage them but let's let people be innocent until proven guilty. PI is moved tremendously and likes to express herself and on a public forum people can respond how they like ~ take exception with those who are more unstable than Ms Ivy like... Invisible Goth.
was this directed at me by any chance? Take exception? Did I not say her sentiments were lovely and heartfelt and encourged her to use them instead of waste them or throw a pity party which few are likely to attend?

And I mearly gave an example as to one of the obvious reason why artists tend to be reclusive as opposed to the idea that its because they feel they are unappreciation. It was not to point a finger, people can point them at themselves. And I don't agree that stalkers tend to be loners. They just need to get a bug up thier ass about somebody. And I also didn't say 'stalkers' I said over zealous fans, a lot of people aren't out to do harm or anything like that, I stated some extremes, most realy just want some kind of contact, but still it can all be too much.

PS I did take exception to IG, check my link...
Last edited by Bau on Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
melody
Psychonaut

Post by melody » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:25 pm

Having read your initial post properly now your compliments were akin to a wolf in sheep's clothing. Artists are reclusive because their art takes up so much frickin' alone time. It's a luxury not many can afford. I do believe stalkers are loners because they fixate and are narrow-minded in their views and don't tend to get out much to expand their horizons ~ most racist people never willingly travel. Never experience or appreciate other cultures. My e-mail was not an attack on you but some thoughts that arose from briefly skimming the replies. This one however...
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:39 pm

melody wrote:Having read your initial post properly now your compliments were akin to a wolf in sheep's clothing. Artists are reclusive because their art takes up so much frickin' alone time. It's a luxury not many can afford. I do believe stalkers are loners because they fixate and are narrow-minded in their views and don't tend to get out much to expand their horizons ~ most racist people never willingly travel. Never experience or appreciate other cultures. My e-mail was not an attack on you but some thoughts that arose from briefly skimming the replies. This one however...
realy? my suggesting people take a stand for musicians in need?? And my open and honest criticism? Are you serious? I guess I am the type who like to look at both sides, the good and bad. Wolves are very sweet and fluffy creatures but yes they do have sharp teeth, all the better to cut through to the heart of things.

yes you do need time to work without distractions. That certainly is one part of the equation. Y'all are a terrible distraction for me, but a great sourse of humor and inspiration and other things I have found very useful and applicable to my own work. And my many thanks.

Attack away if it makes you feel better. And what animal would you be if you could?

btw, what does racism have to do with any of this???
melody
Psychonaut

Post by melody » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:49 pm

I aim for the underdog ~ I always have and always will. Might does not make right. Your suggestion that she support those causes came across as sarcastic. My comment on racists was a further example of narrow-mindedness. It does not make me feel better to 'attack away' but I do not like to see Ms Ivy put down as she is when she is the honest one.
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:53 pm

Anyone fancy a pint?
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
frog

Post by frog » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:55 pm

aye, you getting them in?
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Post by wild bill buttock » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:14 pm

Guinness for me please chaps.
Anyone actually bothered reading any of that ^?
frog

Post by frog » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:29 pm

your comment about guiness?
moomaaman
Dawnrazor

Post by moomaaman » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:14 pm

fcuk me whats going on around here lately...... everyone seems really fired up..... perhaps that carl has been putting some ' mischief magic' in his music.... I'm certainly a lot more angry than I usually am.
Pint? I'm in, only if I can have 8 and only if its stella cos that sends me fcuking loopy.... anyone fancy a scrap!!!
PI, seriously , Carl has a moving effect on everyone here, whether its his voice, or his lyrics, or that he's the mysterious boyfriend we never had.... :shock: :wink:
But please, stop this nonsense..... he's a man, and he sings with passion. But in your world, he appears to be the centre of the fcuking universe... He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy........
cover his eyes, so that he not over-analyse
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Post by wild bill buttock » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:29 pm

I think this is that nutter thread I was on about.
I think us normal people should all back away from it slowly without any sudden moves.
Then all join moomaaman in the pub for a few pints of wifebeater, and perhaps half a g of Charlie, for a fcuking good old fashioned punch up.Perhaps finishing up with a "guid stabbing" for our Jocko homo pals' entertainment.
Blue Angel
Nephilim

Post by Blue Angel » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:36 pm

Ignore them PI - if what you've voiced is truly what you feel then you're entitled to say it.

I'm going down the pub though!

:roll:
Fields of the Neffalump

Jism!
GreboGoth
Dawnrazor

Post by GreboGoth » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:46 pm

While I'm with you all at the bar and this thread does give me the fear. I must admit that PI has had a bit of a rough ride.

PI you are indeed a bit of a nut bag :D and you really should focus on yourself and your nearest and dearest more, but if this board provides you with an outlet for your thoughts and feelings please carry on.

We are all hear for the same reason we just express it in different ways

All the best
Mr GG (part of the Dawnrazor Care In The Community Team)

Right which fucker spilled my pint !!!!
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:06 pm

ME!!!!
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
moomaaman
Dawnrazor

Post by moomaaman » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:36 pm

nothing wrong with telling people about what what affects you strongly, indeed I get very stirred by young goff girls in purple stripey tights... doesn't mean its healthy though.....

To quote the wise words of the ancient wibble masters of moohmah *notworthy*

' a lot of what you think you love can make you a little mad'
cover his eyes, so that he not over-analyse