Why Mr Carl McCoy is such an inspiration?

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:42 pm

gingerpazuzu wrote:there is no Carl McCoy or FOTN,I believe its a mass halluicination we are suffering from...
It might be . . . defnitely Carl McCoy was the first pathetic victim of that delusion: good he's managed to get away . . .
remember what the doorknob said
gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:54 pm

squishy wrote:
gingerpazuzu wrote:there is no Carl McCoy or FOTN,I believe its a mass halluicination we are suffering from...
It might be . . . defnitely Carl McCoy was the first pathetic victim of that delusion: good he's managed to get away . . .

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Poison Ivy

Post by Poison Ivy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:05 pm

squishy wrote:. . . defnitely Carl McCoy was the first pathetic victim of that delusion: good he's managed to get away . . .
...did he ? :wink:
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:28 pm

Poison Ivy wrote:
squishy wrote:. . . defnitely Carl McCoy was the first pathetic victim of that delusion: good he's managed to get away . . .
...did he ? :wink:
Have you seen him meet himself recently? Too bad . . . let's hope he wasn't in the shadows there, staring in speechless angst at the pool that reflected his two simulacra discoursing on his infallible inexistence.

Where were you there, PI?

:?:
remember what the doorknob said
Last Exit
Psychonaut

Post by Last Exit » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:44 pm

squishy wrote: his two simulacra discoursing on his infallible inexistence.

that sounds like derrida on acid *notworthy*
Tandooris R rockin'
gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:45 pm

I keep him in my hall cupboard,he's no trouble really,hoovers for me,puts up occassional shelf... :wink:
xseawitch
Watcher

Post by xseawitch » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:56 pm

I once dreamt that a young version of Carl (say 1986) passed by the current Carl in a pub I was drinking in. The younger nodded and tipped his hat to the elder as they met in the doorway and then went on his way looking contented.

Is this part of the mass hallucination, do you think? ;-)
moomaaman
Dawnrazor

Post by moomaaman » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:44 am

I heard a brand new nephilim song played live, in my dream the other night.... it definately was a dream because wrighty was on guitar...

a very good dream though.... if only it could come true.

I must stop eating cheese in the evenings.....
cover his eyes, so that he not over-analyse
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:41 pm

I had a dream about Carl too last night. We were spinning donuts in an old VW bug in some empty parking lot and when it was my turn I almost filpped us! :oops:

I think we was planning on turning it into a trike anyway.... :mrgreen:

:idea: mabee that wil be tonights dream
Poison Ivy

Post by Poison Ivy » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:02 pm

:shock: ...so Carl must be really busy person, to manage appear in so many dreams every night, looks like full time job for me *smoking*

But why he appears in mirror while summoning Yog-Sothoth I am asking ? *cthulhu*

That explains a lot... how can he find any time left for working... on new material *whistle*
Lord Mureth
Nephilim

Post by Lord Mureth » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:15 pm

moomaaman wrote:I heard a brand new nephilim song played live, in my dream the other night.... it definately was a dream because wrighty was on guitar...

a very good dream though.... if only it could come true.

I must stop eating cheese in the evenings.....
no.... eat MORE cheese; and ideally, provide MP3's of the dream next time? :wink:
xseawitch
Watcher

Post by xseawitch » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:48 pm

Lord Mureth wrote: no.... eat MORE cheese; and ideally, provide MP3's of the dream next time? :wink:
it would be great if dreams could be recorded for posterity. Perhaps we should all eat cheese before bed, then we might all share the same Nephilim related dream? :-) Come on, I bet there are some lucid dreamers out there!
Poison Ivy

Post by Poison Ivy » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:29 am

Do not tempt us xseawitch as the results might be beyond anyone's expectations :mrgreen:
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:11 am

consider artists and filmakers etc. who realy, for all intent and purposes, do

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_art

http://www.improverse.com/ed-articles/l ... dreams.htm

every thing you do before you do it, you think it first and envison what you will do before you do it.

isn't it all dreams anyway

you are the fan base, you effect how things turn out the shows and what not by your atttendence etc.. you sharing the same nephilim dream aren't you...

and what of precognative dreams and when dreams become reality

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precognitive_dreams

beyond ones expectations , they can be certainly
xseawitch
Watcher

Post by xseawitch » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:01 pm

Well maybe that would be a good thing, Poison Ivy :-)
I see your point Bau, we are part of one kind of dream already. Thanks for the link about recording dreams, I was getting a bit tired of the way I was keeping my dream diary, you have re-inspired me!

I love photos of Carl when he's smiling too
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:14 pm

xseawitch wrote:Well maybe that would be a good thing, Poison Ivy :-)
I see your point Bau, we are part of one kind of dream already. Thanks for the link about recording dreams, I was getting a bit tired of the way I was keeping my dream diary, you have re-inspired me!

I love photos of Carl when he's smiling too
no prob glad to know someone gets something good out of the things I post

you mentioned lucid dreaming. I used to practice that quite a bit. But it takes a lot of focus to keep it up, and waking worrys are too much of a distraction. Nver resorted to some of the light devices and stuff people use.

yeah that big goofy 'ear to ear' grin he would get when he was 'up to something' is one of the things I remeber the most, that and his nose :)
and the way he sort of nodded and 'tossed his head' . He is very 'expressive' which does make for a good performer

xseawitch
Watcher

Post by xseawitch » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:29 pm

Exactly, my focus with lucid dreaming was definitely slipping, having achieved some success, but I think it's worth pursuing again, even though going to sleep feels like work at times!

When are you remembering Carl's facial expressions from? Never seen him grin onstage! I always like the econonmy of his movements when performing live, a little gesture can convey a lot.
(I'm a bit excited, just got the Dusseldorf gig on DVD and have been enjoying the view from behind Nod's drum kit). :-)
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:07 pm

xseawitch wrote:Exactly, my focus with lucid dreaming was definitely slipping, having achieved some success, but I think it's worth pursuing again, even though going to sleep feels like work at times!

When are you remembering Carl's facial expressions from? Never seen him grin onstage! I always like the econonmy of his movements when performing live, a little gesture can convey a lot.
(I'm a bit excited, just got the Dusseldorf gig on DVD and have been enjoying the view from behind Nod's drum kit). :-)
precog dreams from when I was a child from a fairly young age to about 13. One of the last good memories I have of them, he was a bit younger than in the earliest photos I've seen and his hair was shorter, but his smile , his mannerisms, It was quite shocking seeing the video the above photos were taken from. He liked to 'tease' and play tricks or do things to impress me and make me laugh. The little 'hand jive' type of thing he did to Thomas Dolby in the one interview I knew well :lol:

I had quite a few others too starting in about 2003. I found his photo and the band in 2006, of course he was an adult in these later dreams and most often rather somber instead, but not always.

I've had quite a few other instances of very accurate 'precognition' but not reoccuring dreams about people like that. mainly its been singlar about places and events, hearing a song that, often spontaneous precog art work about inanimate objects I end up coming across.

Oh but here is another weird thing that happened. I was with my best friend at this outdoor festival and on a lark she asked me if to go with her to have her palm read. When I did I said nothing to the psychic not a word and she just rattled off some stuff and described Carl to a T , how he looked where he lived what he did etc. I just sort of said "hmm ok" :roll: :lol: although mabee her description could have potentialy fit the description of someone else , I mean she never gave me an actual name or anything as far as that detailed, except that she described him as seen now and mentioned those white contacts as the most specific thing.

speaking of guestures..ok so what kind of guesture is this supose to be??

8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovYm0FiTQ4U

:P
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:29 pm

oh this is funny, after I posted that, I went to look up that old black and white fotn interview and clicked on this thinking it was it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl5h_FAB ... re=related

"we dream of familiar places"

oops! *cthulhu* :P

I couldn't find the vid I was looking for on there though for some reason.
gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:57 pm

I've practised lucid dreaming for a lomg time too,another useful tip for recalling dreams especially if you awke in the middle of the is to invest in a dictaphone,I found this extermely useful in recalling everything in your as if you are like me writing it all down can seem hard to do if you are trying to get every detail of your dream in written,its much easier to speak it than to write it *cthulhu*