Improving "Side Projects"

Here you report your feedbacks and suggestions. We also want to know if you encouter any bugs, errors and so on.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

markandre13
Leviathan

Improving "Side Projects"

Post by markandre13 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:21 pm

The Section "Side Projects" lists bands like NFD, The Eden House and now XII, which don't really fit under the moniker "Side Projects".

How about something like "Related bands", "Friends of the Nephilim" or whatever better ideas we can come up with?

NFD also has three long sentences while the The Eden House description doesn't tell much.

How about something like along the lines of

NFD: Peter "Bob" White, Tony Pettitt (Ex-FotN), et. al and former member Stephen Carey, Simon Rippin (Ex-Nefilim).
The Eden House: Stephen Carey, Tony Pettitt (Ex-FotN), Simon Rippin (Ex-Nefilim), Andy Jackson (Ex-audio engineer on Elizium), et al.
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
wshaffer
Psychonaut

Re: Improving "Side Projects"

Post by wshaffer » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:56 am

"Nephilim Alumni"? "Associated Acts"? "Carl's Exes?" *whistle* (Maybe "Related Bands" is best after all.)

I like your suggestions for revised band descriptions, although I'm not sure that Andy Jackson should be described as the "Ex-audio engineer on Elizium" - I'd just say "audio engineer on Elizium", since whatever he is now, he'll always be the guy who engineered Elizium. (This is super-nitpicky, but being pedantic about the English language is part of my job. :twisted: )
Enoch
Dawnrazor

Post by Enoch » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:33 pm

I agree with wshaffer's opinion on the section's name: I'd call it "Related acts" :)
Andy Jackson is credited as producer on Elizium, so I'd go for that (and not "Ex-", as mentioned)

"Friends of the Nephilim" I'd veto (if I had a veto^^) - there's a highly mediocre book out there in which there's a fund / trust (or something along those lines) called like that.
Night obliterates the day and all the fun begins
The Damned - Curtain Call

Citizen of a nation otherwise populated mainly by blinded, brain damaged xenophobes
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:14 pm

Enoch wrote:I agree with wshaffer's opinion on the section's name: I'd call it "Related acts" :)
Andy Jackson is credited as producer on Elizium, so I'd go for that (and not "Ex-", as mentioned)

"Friends of the Nephilim" I'd veto (if I had a veto^^) - there's a highly mediocre book out there in which there's a fund / trust (or something along those lines) called like that.
'Related acts' is precisely what's needed. *notworthy*
remember what the doorknob said
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:24 pm

squishy wrote:'Related acts' is precisely what's needed. *notworthy*
:? FotN related nude act:
:P
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:13 pm

Okay, we got two votes for "Related acts" (Enoch, squishy) and two votes for "Related bands" (wshaffer, markandre13) plus wshaffer said that he's a super-nitpick, which makes his vote one and a half, I've now changed it to:

Related bands
wshaffer
Psychonaut

Post by wshaffer » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:28 pm

markandre13 wrote: plus wshaffer said that he's a super-nitpick, which makes his vote one and a half
Just to nitpick, that would be "*she's* a super-nitpick", although I've now realized that neither my username nor my avatar gives away much on the gender front. Sneaky me. :twisted:
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:07 pm

wshaffer wrote:Just to nitpick, that would be "*she's* a super-nitpick", although I've now realized that neither my username nor my avatar gives away much on the gender front. Sneaky me. :twisted:
:oops: Oops! That's what one gets when one relies on the assumption that the majority of the folk around here is male.
For lack of a word which can reference either a female or male person, I'll try 'she' from now on, as it also contains 'he' and should be sufficient for all genders!
wshaffer
Psychonaut

Post by wshaffer » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:24 pm

markandre13 wrote: :oops: Oops! That's what one gets when one relies on the assumption that the majority of the folk around here is male.
For lack of a word which can reference either a female or male person, I'll try 'she' from now on, as it also contains 'he' and should be sufficient for all genders!
You might get some interesting reactions to that! :D

I suppose there's also "(s)he" or "s/he/it" (which in my head is always pronounced "shee-it".) Hmmm...