Interview B2B magazine 07/2011 - Carl McCoy to T.Orzechowski

Interviews with the band, Carl McCoy and/or various band members. Transcribed and translated interviews are most welcome.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Ngie
Leviathan

Interview B2B magazine 07/2011 - Carl McCoy to T.Orzechowski

Post by Ngie » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:58 pm

Here's an interview kindly shared and translated by Dawnrazor Poison Ivy :

Interview @ B2B magazine 07/2011 - Carl McCoy talking to Tomek Orzechowski (translation)
3 juillet 2011, 12:55
Translation - Interview @ B2B magazine  07/2011 - Carl McCoy having short talk with some Castle Party organizer while last visit in Poland 

Nephilim. Mythological giants who walked  the Earth before the Biblical flood. Nobody knows who they were, nor whether they really existed. Their legend inspired Carl McCoy to create a band that has become a pillar of the gothic scene. The charismatic leader of the Fields of the Nephilim during a recent visit in Poland agreed to have  a short conversation with us.

B2B (Tomek Orzechowski):More than a quarter century on the stage ... Music and Gothic subculture has changed in that time. And what has changed in the band Fields of the Nephilim?

Carl McCoy: Everything evolves, but we consequently walk our path. Looking back,  I would not change anything. We recorded four regular albums, released several mini-albums, compilations and singles. They are milestones, allowed us to soak Gothic and become who we are.

B2B:You and Andrew Eldritch of The Sisters of Mercy are the two pillars of dark rock. Can you imagine you two together on one stage?

CMC: No, definitely. While fans and the media see in us creators of the Gothic scene, you have to remember that we represent two different elements. I walk my own path.

B2B:Your concerts are a mystical experience, though in their course  You rather not communicate with the audience. Do you know who your audience is?

CMC:How come I do not know?  I sing, and this is the best way of communication, trust me.
My compositions performed live build a bond with the fans ... close, intimate and dark link.

B2B:If the music would be a colour, what colour would be Fields of the Nephilim?

CMC:Sure you expect me to say black. That would be a simplification, because black is evolving in purple, and it evolves in .... Today it is deep green, full of dark, ocean green.

B2B:Several times you have played in Poland. Have you heard about the largest  festival of dark music here by the Vistula river - Castle Party?

CMC:Yes, we know about this event and we heard that the atmosphere at the castle in Bolkow is incredible. I appreciate the Polish audience, we would like to appear there next year, but ...  only time will tell.

(translation by PI)
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Re: Interview B2B magazine 07/2011 - Carl McCoy to T.Orzecho

Post by oldnephilim » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:10 pm

nice, thank you :D
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:57 pm

Ngie wrote:Today it is deep green, full of dark, ocean green.
can't wait to get the new album into my hands. *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy*
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
Vlad Țepeș
Moonchild

Post by Vlad Țepeș » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:50 pm

that cool :D :D
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:03 am

Thanks everone involved !
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !