List rare/alternate/live/demo/studio Nephilim songs req

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Sumerian Memory
Moonchild

List rare/alternate/live/demo/studio Nephilim songs req

Post by Sumerian Memory » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:52 pm

List of excellent and interesting rare/alternate/live/demo/studio versions of Nephilim songs requested...
Thank-you very much!! Forever Remain!! \\N//
...Forever Lost...\\N//...Forever Remain...
The Last Voice
Watcher

Re: List rare/alternate/live/demo/studio Nephilim songs req

Post by The Last Voice » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:06 am

I'll make a list of 10 favourite recordings, and if anyone else wants to add to it they are welcome.

In no particular order:

1. MEMORIUM - Professionally produced LEAKED recording of Birmingham Hummingbird gig 10/90 - Best Sound
2. PARADISE REGAINED - Professionally produced TELEVISION broadcast of Philipsalle 03/91 - Available on DVD
3. DALAROCKEN - Professionally produced LIVE RADIO BROADCAST of Dalarock Festival in Hedemora 07/96
4. Hammersmith 11/86 - Soundboard recording of early tracks incl. prototypes of Blue Water & Preacher Man and the long version of Laura
5. Fletcham 10/86 - Audience recording features a unique track which is untitled
6. Muenster 10/88 - Audience recording of the PRECIOUS TO THE LOST TOUR in support of THE NEPHILIM, features the whole album live.
7. Kilburn National Ballroom 06/89 - Audience recording during PSYCHONAUT TOUR, features prototype versions of DBD/FHL/ATGOSM and COS (Long Version)
8. Munich 09/87 - Audience recording -THE 100th Gig!! Includes prototypes of Phobia/Watchman and a rare outing of Dreamhome
9. Mainz 11/90 - Audience recording - notable for the inclusion of the intro tape music, so-called 'The Wind from Hell'
10. The Fire Festivals 04/91 - The last 2 shows that featured McCoy/Pettitt/Yates and the Wright Bros.

Apart from the Jungle Records release 'Genesis and Revelations' and the Youtube Psychonaut there are no demos available.
Mine is the last voice you will ever hear... Do not be alarmed.
The Last Voice
Watcher

Post by The Last Voice » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:26 pm

Erm - I completely forgot about the Nefilim demo's on the 'Genesis' bootleg and the whole The Nephilim/Jungle story.

The majority of 'Fallen' is demos. Some of those tracks appeared earlier via the internet, so were edited when issued later, thus there are differences to be heard.

The only demo I consider to be really worthwhile is Chaocracy - Issued on the 'Deafening Divinities with Aural Affinities' compilation.
Sumerian Memory
Moonchild

Post by Sumerian Memory » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:31 am

The Last Voice wrote:I'll make a list of 10 favourite recordings, and if anyone else wants to add to it they are welcome.

In no particular order:

1. MEMORIUM - Professionally produced LEAKED recording of Birmingham Hummingbird gig 10/90 - Best Sound
2. PARADISE REGAINED - Professionally produced TELEVISION broadcast of Philipsalle 03/91 - Available on DVD
3. DALAROCKEN - Professionally produced LIVE RADIO BROADCAST of Dalarock Festival in Hedemora 07/96
4. Hammersmith 11/86 - Soundboard recording of early tracks incl. prototypes of Blue Water & Preacher Man and the long version of Laura
5. Fletcham 10/86 - Audience recording features a unique track which is untitled
6. Muenster 10/88 - Audience recording of the PRECIOUS TO THE LOST TOUR in support of THE NEPHILIM, features the whole album live.
7. Kilburn National Ballroom 06/89 - Audience recording during PSYCHONAUT TOUR, features prototype versions of DBD/FHL/ATGOSM and COS (Long Version)
8. Munich 09/87 - Audience recording -THE 100th Gig!! Includes prototypes of Phobia/Watchman and a rare outing of Dreamhome
9. Mainz 11/90 - Audience recording - notable for the inclusion of the intro tape music, so-called 'The Wind from Hell'
10. The Fire Festivals 04/91 - The last 2 shows that featured McCoy/Pettitt/Yates and the Wright Bros.

Apart from the Jungle Records release 'Genesis and Revelations' and the Youtube Psychonaut there are no demos available.
I also found your very helpful research with your quoted words from another thread:
The Last Voice wrote:As for vinyl - there are a few that are well worth tracking down:

The original Burning the Fields EP 12" - while it has been reissued on a few cd's the versions of 3 tracks are different on all cd reissues. Different coloured sleeves. (Sorry 'colored' sleeves)
Laura or From Gehenna to Here CD/LP - includes the otherwise unavailable Returning to Gehenna EP and the Burning the Fields EP (3 tracks are different)
The Zoon LP - 2 x 12" - only plays on 3 sides - the fourth is etched (Very pretty). Also includes a short piece of music after Penetration that is not on cd.
The Nephilim 2 x 10" 45rpm - 'Remastered' right after the original release as the band were unhappy with the sound on the 33rpm.
Penetration 12" - 2 Unique Saints of Eden remixes - Came with poster (Apparently) (Limited)
Original Elizium LP - came with postcard (Limited)
Blue Water 12" - came with poster (Limited)
For Her Light 12" - Came with 12"x12" reproduction of the sleeve art (Limited)
Sumerland 4 Track 12" (Marble Sleeve) - has otherwise unavailable versions of Phobia and Blue Water (Both Live)
US only Dawnrazor Flexi - contains short clips of some Dawnrazor tracks - and hear Carl speak! Tony too.

The Revelations DVD - contains 2 Live concerts (1988 and 1990), all the promo clips too.
Genesis and Revelations - a 'Boxset' issued without the band's consent - contains demos and some (dodgy) remixes. and a (dodgy) live show. and a (dodgy) DVD.
BBC Live in Concert CD - 5 track BBC recording.
Absolutely fantastic top ten list in no particular order... (Chaocracy) ... Brother, The Last Voice!! Thank-you very much!! I knew you were the rite man for this request!! *notworthy* ... However, I am sure in recognition that there is more... there is always more... I agree with you that Chaocracy is the best demo/unusual type of release of that time... Along with the Nefilim/Nephilim Zoon/Fallen Leftovers/Demos/Rarities... I also really like/love "Red 777" ... "The Way We Were" and "Sensorium" ... I hope we can expand this list to make it the definitive quick guide to this List of (most) excellent and interesting rare/alternate/live/demo/studio versions of Nephilim (and Nefilim) songs requested!! The Force is strong in you!! *smoking* ... Indeed you are most worthy of your username!! *cthulhu* Forever Remain!! \\N//
Last edited by Sumerian Memory on Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrBonZai
Watcher

Post by MrBonZai » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:02 pm

The Last Voice wrote: Apart from the Jungle Records release 'Genesis and Revelations' and the Youtube Psychonaut there are no demos available.
hmm... I disagree...
there is a bootleg called "The Sacred And The Profane "
this boot contains some early demos and long versions:

Tracklist on cover:
A1: Contamination (Original demo for Preacher Man)
A2: Senseless (Letchworth 19-12-86)
A3: The Comeback (Letchworth 19-12-86)
A4: Shotgun (Early live version of Dust)
B1: Love Under Will (Demo)
B2: Chord Of Souls (Long version)
B3: Sumerland (Instrumental)

and perhaps this ones:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3338
but I don't know from where they come from...

cheers *cthulhu*
fcuk the towers
The Last Voice
Watcher

Post by The Last Voice » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:52 pm

MrBonZai wrote:"The Sacred And The Profane " ....... contains some early demos and long versions:

and perhaps this ones:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3338
Umm - Actually every song on that compilation is live, you've been deceiving yourself. Apart from Sumerland (which was recorded at a soundcheck) all the other tracks are available in better quality from other sources. Ande posted a list of where each track was sourced from ages ago.

The link you shared points to a discussion on some of the tracks that were made available after The Nephilim project fell apart in 1999/2000 and before Napster fell apart. Ultimately the tracks were issued on Fallen, but were 'edited' by Jungle/or they used alternate takes.

The long mix of Venus is fake, done by Ojopaj if memory serves.

Here's a list of actual demo's and pre-release mixes that have leaked. I think I remember a second version of Red, but I can't be sure it's not so damaged as to be unlistenable/unfixable.

Power (G&R)
Secrets (G&R)
Dawnrazor (G&R)
Psychonaut (Internet)
Chaocracy (DDWAA)
Zoon 1-3/Coma (Genesis)
Chaos (Genesis)
Sensorium (Genesis)
Red 777 (Genesis)
Dead to the World/The Way We were/Thirst (Internet)
Subsanity (Internet)
Darkcell AD (Internet)
Deeper (G&R)
Dead to the World/From The Fire/Thirst (Fallen)
Subsanity (Fallen)
Deeper (Fallen)
Hollow Doll (Fallen)
Fallen (Fallen)
Premonition (Fallen)

I think that's about all - please add any others I may have forgotten.
Sumerian Memory
Moonchild

Post by Sumerian Memory » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:37 am

The Last Voice wrote: Umm - Actually every song on that compilation is live, you've been deceiving yourself. Apart from Sumerland (which was recorded at a soundcheck) all the other tracks are available in better quality from other sources. Ande posted a list of where each track was sourced from ages ago.
Thank you so much Brother, The Last Voice!! Hey, where is this list thread of Ande covering where each track is sourced from in better quality?? I hope to add to this list as soon as my other easier projects are wrapped up... 8) Forever Remain!! \\N//
The Last Voice
Watcher

Post by The Last Voice » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:37 pm

Sumerian Memory wrote:Hey, where is this list thread of Ande covering where each track is sourced from in better quality??
You misunderstand - Ande provided credits for each track so that we could know where each track ultimately came from. He did not suggest anything regarding sourcing better versions of each track... This is a personal observation of mine.

Most of the versions on "Sacred and Profane" are easily improved upon by checking out the lists I already provided.
Sumerian Memory
Moonchild

Post by Sumerian Memory » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:08 am

Ok, I won't concern myself with the other thread.
Checking back here and in reference to the Book...
Got it! Thanks!! Forever Remain!!! \\N//
ojopaj
Watcher

Post by ojopaj » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:25 pm

The Last Voice wrote: The long mix of Venus is fake, done by Ojopaj if memory serves.
Aye, the alternate version of Venus was mine, one of my first attempts with learning digital audio editing and playing around in Soundforge. A bit embarrassing and clumsy in retrospect. Oh well!

I also did a shorter edit of Dead to The World / The Way We Were / Thirst that found its way to the webs, but it wasn't very good either.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." — Robert J. Hanlon
The Last Voice
Watcher

Post by The Last Voice » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:55 pm

ojopaj wrote: A bit embarrassing and clumsy in retrospect. Oh well!
I liked it enough it at the time. *cthulhu*
Sumerian Memory
Moonchild

Post by Sumerian Memory » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:52 am

The Last Voice wrote:As for vinyl - there are a few that are well worth tracking down:

The original Burning the Fields EP 12" - while it has been reissued on a few cd's the versions of 3 tracks are different on all cd reissues. Different coloured sleeves. (Sorry 'colored' sleeves)
Laura or From Gehenna to Here CD/LP - includes the otherwise unavailable Returning to Gehenna EP and the Burning the Fields EP (3 tracks are different)
The Zoon LP - 2 x 12" - only plays on 3 sides - the fourth is etched (Very pretty). Also includes a short piece of music after Penetration that is not on cd.
The Nephilim 2 x 10" 45rpm - 'Remastered' right after the original release as the band were unhappy with the sound on the 33rpm.
Penetration 12" - 2 Unique Saints of Eden remixes - Came with poster (Apparently) (Limited)
Original Elizium LP - came with postcard (Limited)
Blue Water 12" - came with poster (Limited)
For Her Light 12" - Came with 12"x12" reproduction of the sleeve art (Limited)
Sumerland 4 Track 12" (Marble Sleeve) - has otherwise unavailable versions of Phobia and Blue Water (Both Live)
US only Dawnrazor Flexi - contains short clips of some Dawnrazor tracks - and hear Carl speak! Tony too.

The Revelations DVD - contains 2 Live concerts (1988 and 1990), all the promo clips too.
Genesis and Revelations - a 'Boxset' issued without the band's consent - contains demos and some (dodgy) remixes. and a (dodgy) live show. and a (dodgy) DVD.
BBC Live in Concert CD - 5 track BBC recording.
Out of the vinyls, I have checked and you are almost 100% correct:

Indeed, I perceive out of the ones I already have, the rest are definitely work getting on 12" original editions/12" Ltd.Edition/editions with free postcards/posters etc (although some are exceedingly rare and possibly 1/4 of a life-time's mission to get them all lol).

Of course, Laura and/or Returning To Gehenna for the combination of songs from the first 2 E.P.'S; Plus Elizium and Blue Water for the above mentioned reasons; Though especially:

- Fields Of The Nephilim ‎– Burning The Fields EP: (Tower Release ‎– N. 1) Vinyl, 12", Red Sleeve Ltd. Edition approx. 1000 copies!
and: (Tower Release ‎– (N001CD) EP, 2nd Edition Reissue, Green Cover with standard black tray jewel-case with 8-pages booklet!
and: (Tower Release ‎– (N001CD) EP, 3rd Edition Reissue, Yellow Cover, Ltd. Edition; [original 12" and 3rd CD are very rare].
[The version of "Trees Come Down" on CD's are slightly different to the 2 original 12" releases. The instrumental section at the end is repeated and faded out slowly. This version first appeared in the "Returning To Gehenna"/"Laura" compilations].

- Fields Of The Nephilim - The Nephilim Remastered (SITU 22 L) Vinyl, 12", 45 RPM LP, Limited Edition, Individually numbered edition to 6000 copies! Digitally remastered with double gatefold sleeve with large b&w sticker on shrink-wrap and beige-coloured inner sleeves with white FOTN-logos.

- Fields Of The Nephilim ‎– For Her Light Two (BEG244T) Vinyl, 12", 45 RPM, Single (not promo). Initial copies included a 12" inlay.

- Fields Of The Nephilim ‎– Sumerland E.P. (BEG250TR) Vinyl, 12", 45 RPM, Blue Water (Live), The Watchman (Live), Phobia (Live). Recorded live at Wolverhampton Civic Centre on 4th August 1990. Not included on Earth Inferno live compilation; though still soundboard recorded, mixed and produced by Andy Jackson.

- Nefilim - Zoon (BEGA172) Vinyl, 12" LP x2, with unique stand alone ambient/industrial outro/quirk (as you previously mentioned on a previous thread) after Penetration; 3-sided recorded album, 4th side just has beautiful artwork etched into vinyl.

- Nefilim - Penetration (BEG265T) Vinyl 12" - Xodus (Xcitorium) Remix + Penetration (Bloodless) Remix, both by Metatron (3) The Saints Of Eden. Can't find any info elsewhere about free poster [Would appreciate where you got that info].

Additional checks/confirmations:

Red 777 on the unofficial Genesis Demo album is almost average quality (for a demo) and quite listenable. Red 777 B on Genesis is very poor/potentially broken/unlistenable.

Chaos on Genesis is an interesting/above average quality (for a Demo) source alternative to Chaocracy (DDWAA) - [and from DDWAA it is the best of course].

Sensorium on Genesis (Below average sound quality but still just about listenable as a Demo) is a very good 1st Demo to the Demo edit of Subsanity B on Genesis and the alternate Demo take on Subsanity on the unofficial Fallen Demo/incomplete album. [Would be interesting to know the source for the alternate internet version of Subsanity]. Sensorium B on Genesis is of above average quality (For a Demo) and much closer to the Fallen Demo.

I wonder if there are any other sources for better/alternate versions of Chaocracy, Red 777 and/or Subsanity.
I also would like to know how to get the internet version (previously on Napster) of Dead to the World/The Way We were/Thirst [not the Genesis versions that changes the middle part of the tri-song sequence "The Way We Were" To The preferred re-name of "From The Fire" that became a much better amazing live version (I was there) as proven on the first night Of Ceremonies '08].

Premonition on fallen really does intrigue me, as does the Sumerland etc/Elizium style Earthbound Demo instrumental;
As does the Prophecy Demo song, that were both first aired on the Fields Of The Nephilim 30th Anniversary 1st night (I was there - hence my profile photo with a golden wing shining down from his right shoulder) at Shepherd Bush Empire last 5th/6th (and repeated) of December. [FYI: Got both nights on FLAC and was there] ... which brings me to:
The Last Voice wrote:I'll make a list of 10 favourite recordings, and if anyone else wants to add to it they are welcome.

In no particular order:

Also of interesting/special/important live note:

Fields Of The Nephilim: Dark Fields: Live At Ancienne Belgique, Brussels, Belgium, 26 October 1988. [Unofficial/bootleg].

Nefilim: Saturnalia, Potsdam, Germany, 18 December 1993. [Unofficial/bootleg].
[You've already mentioned this one on a previous thread].

I have a bit more to add to your excellent research/observations/insights... :idea:
Thank-you Brother :) The Last Voice!! :wink: Forever Remain!! *smoking* \\N//
Last edited by Sumerian Memory on Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrBonZai
Watcher

Post by MrBonZai » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:34 pm

ok you are right *smoking*

if I remember correctly:
"Fields Of The Nephilim ‎– Burning The Fields EP"
The "Laura" track here is also different from all CD-versions.
fcuk the towers
The Last Voice
Watcher

Post by The Last Voice » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:20 pm

On the Burning the Fields EP 3 of the tracks are different. Not by much I grant you, but they are different. Only Back in Gehenna is unchanged in some way. Darkcell's intro is different, on CD it's one sustained note, whereas on the 12" it's a series of short notes. Laura on CD is edited in the middle 8. And Trees is faded early with a section repeated, where the vinyl has a cold end.

I forgot to mention that the version of Laura II on the Laura & From Gehenna to Here compilations is longer than the Preacher Man b-side version. I don't know if it's true of the Returning to Gehenna EP.

The Penetration w/ poster was something mentioned in these pages, I have queried it to no avail.

Another record worthy of inclusion is the Moonchild Ltd 12" Sit52TR, the B-sides are unique (and excellent) as is the edit of Shiva (not so excellent). And when the backs of the normal and Ltd 12" are put together they form a picture.

There are a few additional recordings that I found interesting:

Straight to the Light (Extended) (Live at the Astoria 05/07)
Mourning Sun (Alternate Version) (Live at Coliseu do Porto 02/10)
For Her Light Three (Live at Coliseu do Porto 02/10) + a few other dates

I also enjoy any version of Preacher Man that includes Harmonica Man. (I made my own for the ultimate version.)
The Dec '86 show at Croydon Underground featured 4 repeats of The Showdown (by Ennio Morricone - later grafted onto Preacher Man) before going into the proto version of Blue Water. Indeed, all the 1986 peformances of Preacher Man lack that familiar intro that was lifted from Mr. Morricone.

Here's the Morricone version, Edited: http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/fyA3P2mF/file.html
Sumerian Memory
Moonchild

Post by Sumerian Memory » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:48 am

Thank-you very much of for your last post; especially for your addition of:
The Last Voice wrote:I forgot to mention that the version of Laura II on the Laura & From Gehenna to Here compilations is longer than the Preacher Man b-side version. I don't know if it's true of the Returning to Gehenna EP.

Another record worthy of inclusion is the Moonchild Ltd 12" Sit52TR, the B-sides are unique (and excellent) as is the edit of Shiva (not so excellent). And when the backs of the normal and Ltd 12" are put together they form a picture.

There are a few additional recordings that I found interesting:

For Her Light Three (Live at Coliseu do Porto 02/10) + a few other dates

I also enjoy any version of Preacher Man that includes Harmonica Man. (I made my own for the ultimate version.)
The Dec '86 show at Croydon Underground featured 4 repeats of The Showdown (by Ennio Morricone - later grafted onto Preacher Man) before going into the proto version of Blue Water. Indeed, all the 1986 peformances of Preacher Man lack that familiar intro that was lifted from Mr. Morricone.

Here's the Morricone version, Edited: http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/fyA3P2mF/file.html
Checked the Morricone version and really love it! Thank-you very much!! Yes indeed, Harmomica Man followed by Preacher Man is amazing; and your ultimate version sounds fantastic! Would love to hear that too!!

Yes, the '86 performances of Preacher Man that all lack the Intro (Harmonica Man) originally from The Showdown, is a mystery; yet thankfully this was later corrected to be as it should. Strange that this did not always become the case; though Carl does as he will, love under will... The Showdown drafted onto Preacher Man before going into the proto version of Blue Water also sounds fascinating. I perceive from this, you mean an the first live aired version of Blue Water. I do hope you have a source reference for that.

BTW: Did you ever think that Blue Water is a sort of 'spiritual prequel' to Moonchild? I have revised the lyrics to Blue Water and will upload it to a new and appropriate lyrics thread, along with Chord Of Souls (Extended Version) Live at Visionary Heads Brixton Academy, London 6.10.1990. ... Before uploading the previously mentioned For Her Light and From the Fire lyrics.

Big respect for the great finds of:
For Her Light Three (Live at Coliseu do Porto 02/10) + a few other dates.

I perceive you mentioned For Her Light III as rarer, as I, II and sometimes IIII (DBD + FHL) are the usual versions done.
Really enjoying the magnificent Mourning Sun original and looking forward to the fascinating alternates...
Amazing to think that Straight To The Light and (Alternates) were done quite some time ago...
Indeed and before, in the year 2005, was very much The Start of The Shift...
Alignment of The 5 Planets and Mourning Sun...
O Lux version of Straight To The Light is quite short and sweet...
Though Straight To The Light (Xiberian) is spectacularly and aurally euphoric!!! :D

Also rechecking: Moonchild Ltd 12" (SIT52TR) for the B-sides of the stunning Moonchild (Second Seal) and the dark version of Shiva... There are 2 versions with the same record publisher's reference number. First edition has an embossed sleeve. And yes, I have just seen the combined picture when both versions are joined together... Incredible!!! Beautiful dark art!!! *notworthy*

Feel free to talk about your profile photo... :wink: Really appreciate your great mind, visions and remixes. :idea:
Fantastic and excellent work and passion, Brother, The Last Voice!! Our honour remains... Forever Remain!! *smoking* \\N//
Attachments
zt 2.jpg
zt 2.jpg (51.63 KiB) Viewed 22917 times
Last edited by Sumerian Memory on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Last Voice
Watcher

Post by The Last Voice » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:18 am

The 'acquisition' of 'The Showdown', (it's real name is the Italian name BTW, The Showdown is an imprecise translation and is not mentioned anywhere) is not credited, though once you hear it you can identify the parts that were recycled into Nephilim tracks.

Blue Water was around in early '86, and only a handful of the early shows don't have it. It was the opening number for most shows, preceded by Vangelis' Alpha. The Hammersmith 12/86 gig is a great sounding version, though sadly Alpha and The Showdown are excised from the tapes.

Preacher Man only appeared in late '86 (Sept) in a radically different, but recognisable form.

Blue Water isn't a predecessor of Moonchild IMO, it carries a lot of the early history and Spagetti Metal imagery with it, whereas Moonchild first appeared in Dec '87, though there is some credibility to your assertion as far as the release chronology is concerned.

For Her Light Three is a new version.

Check your PM's for illumination on the tracks mentioned above.

Thanks for the Zone Tripper picture you included in your post - I've not seen it before. Sames goes for the photo of the Watchman lyrics in the other thread. Cthulhu would be pleased.
Sumerian Memory
Moonchild

Post by Sumerian Memory » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:05 am

Thank-you very much and Welcome!! Checking...

I mean Moonchild is almost a 'spiritual sequel' to Blue Water, (See revised uploaded lyrics) although I realise that this is not the official case; hence I said what I said with '_' to signify it. Perhaps prequel was the wrong word to use, lul.

Yes, I have been studying deeply, the aspects of For Her Light...

Although I will need your admired help Particularly with working out parts III, IIII and possibly V with this:

What I have worked out for now and will require quite some (especially for live versions checking/editing/illumination) help:

On the For Her light Single BEG 244 7" Regular Vinyl, 1990 (and Promo Vinyl as well as CDS) it is version I (One) for 3m 29/30s ... and also on CDS, 1990 (BEG 244 CD), it has the combined versions of Dead But Dreaming For Her light that are un-numbered as DBD for 1m 29s and FHL for 4m 26s, yet is part IIII; and on Elizium CD album, 1990 (BEGA 115 CD), it is un-numbered as song parts one: DBD for 1m 29s and two: FHL for 3m 01s of four parts ('Prayer Version' of a four part song medley that is followed and completed by parts three of At The Gates Of Silent Memory and part four of Paradise Regained); therefore FHL there is part III. On 12" Single Vinyl BEG 244 T (Initially with inlay), It is numbered as For Her Light (Two) for 4m 16s, [yet is effectively 4m 12-13 seconds] and is version II. On Revelations single disc versions it is un-numbered as For Her Light for 4m 16s, [12-13s] yet is version II (Two) ... On the video version of For Her Light on Revelations, it is un-numbered for 4m 16s, [12-13s] yet is version II (Two) ... Demo version is 0 and still checking for that proto version/or alas never to be released from the Zone-tripper's personal drive/vault... This is a similar scenario (one can say) for Blue Water, Psychonaut and Moonchild, that have at least 5 official/unofficial multiple demo and studio versions. [and this is not even including the even greater live variancies! All songs except for Demo and my 4m 12s version (with unusual vinyl static) that I am tracking back to see where i got it from, in my physical collection (that I also converted digitally) ... have been checked and confirmed in multiple official and unofficial listened and watched ways; I just love the part in FHL II from 3m to 4m 13s ... gives me such incredible sublime melody euphoria every time...

You may be interested to know that I have deciphered the lyrics to Senseless and The Comeback !!!! :arrow:

Will listen to your illumination now... Much appreciated!! :)

Part V: The Maelstrom (wherein we see our Holy Guardian Angels as Dragons of Chaos yet unchanged) [excerpts]

So now we magnify the fractal another step and go deeper...

"The Nephilim are the children of angels, wandering lost souls. Ceremonial and Enochian (Dr. Dee again) magic teach that your Holy Guardian Angel is your soul, your True Will, and the IOT links it with Kia, the life-force. Which can be taken to mean that your soul is your spark of the Divine Fire, your bit of god/dess if you like; as angels are the messengers of the Light, your soul/angel self is your direct contact with the Source, part of it, never apart from it. (And the very Seraphim are called "flying fiery serpents"; Chalkydri, the dragon-angels of the Sun, praised be Nakhiel.) To know your True Will is therefore to learn to hear your soul, which will always speak with the original voice (hence is it called "Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel") older than now-reality's idea of God. The shaman's journey is into self; "psychonaut" means "mind-traveller", "soul-sailor". The conscious and subconscious minds acting as one with the Superconscious, as above so below. Not exactly easy. But listen, this music wants you to reach deep inside and hear that voice speak, realize how ancient you are, that the Nephilim remember you. Every soul may be angelfire but the Nephilim are demigods, disembodied sparks...you could yourself be a Nephil, the child of intercourse between your angel soul and your flesh..."

"So you work your way toward your center, following life to its dragon core. Walk this winding spiral path. Fire and water become allies. The Serpent on the cross is the twist of the helix, the spinal chakras of Kundalini, the World Tree, axis of the world and seat of Yggdrasil. The jewel in the lotus amen...The spiral is the labyrinth, maze of life and death with a pool like a mirror at its center. Marduk kills his mother to become himself, kills the female to prove himself male, kills the monster to prove himself the champion of law and logic, conqueror of chaos - of magic, sex, nature, and all things untamed - which at the same time is a form of sexual initiation, driven into a female body and never quite the same again."

--But he's proven he really is separate from the body he came out of, he thinks. He can go forth independent and whole. So why are we praying for Leviathan all around him unseen?

"Because the Sumerians knew humankind was created not from the flesh of the Elder Gods but from the blood of Kingu, Tiamat's own. And they knew what that meant. We are of the blood of the Other Side, of undying dead-but-dreaming Tiamat, and the Light at Center is Creation's chaotic wildfire. The central wild energy we will find in ourselves whether or not we believe it slain. Walk this winding path and at the center of the twisted DNA labyrinth of yourself you will find your soul, your Holy Guardian Angel, which will be a tongue of dragonflame." *cthulhu*

Cthulhu Calls: "For behold, I have been with you from the beginning." *notworthy*

Source: http://www.spookhouse.net/angelynx/nephilim/tiamat.html

Cheers Bro !!!! Closer and closer Kthulhu calls... Forever Remain!! *smoking* \\N//
The Last Voice
Watcher

Post by The Last Voice » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:02 pm

Sumerian Memory wrote:All songs except for Demo and my 4m 12s version (with unusual vinyl static)
To which song are you referring?

Regarding the versions of For Her Light: In my mind there is only one version of For Her Light, that being '(deadbutdreaming) For Her Light II', as found on the CDS. All the other 'versions' are merely edits of that - but I understand your meaning.

The version found on Elizium is edited in 2 places, the obvious exclusion of the part from 3:00 and the removal of the backwards lyrics at it's end to facilitate the seque into 'at the gates of silent memory'. All are just studio tricks, but none result in any 'new music', meaning that one comes back to FHL II as the master source to hear all the music except for the more recent For Her Light III (which has a new arrangement and new music)

Taking your meaning to a conclusion, these then are what I consider the list of variants available:

(deadbutdreaming) For Her Light One (unreleased)
(deadbutdreaming) For Her Light Two (CDS)
For Her Light One (7")
For Her Light Two (12")
(deadbutdreaming) For Her Light One (at the gates of silent memory) paradise regained (Elizium)
(deadbutdreaming) For Her Light Two (at the gates of silent memory) paradise regained (Unreleased)

In performance some variation has occured:
(deadbutdreaming) For Her Light (at the gates of silent memory) (Early 1989 Versions)
(deadbutdreaming) For Her Light II (Live 1990 Version) no backwards lyrics
(deadbutdreaming) For Her Light II (at the gates of silent memory) paradise regained (Live Inferno)
(deadbutdreaming) For Her Light III (Live 2010's Version) with backwards lyrics and new music/arrangement
For Her Light II (Live XXX Anniversary) features a pause between FHL and ATGOSM making them separate tracks.
Sumerian Memory
Moonchild

Post by Sumerian Memory » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:05 pm

I hope you can work out the answer where you mentioned:
The Last Voice wrote: I forgot to mention that the version of Laura II on the Laura & From Gehenna to Here compilations is longer than the Preacher Man b-side version. I don't know if it's true of the Returning to Gehenna EP.
If I can get the accurate answer, I will let you know here...
The Last Voice wrote:To which song are you referring?
For Her Light Demo (unheard) and my 4m 12s version (with unusual vinyl static) ...

Will get back to you on that as well, hopefully...

What free pc software/program do you recommend for the reversing of the backwards lyrics on songs?
Of course I can usually work out the lyrics anyway, as you know; though find it obscurely fascinating.
Of course there is always more...

Yes, For Her Light (Two) on 30th Anniversary at S.B.E. first night and For Her Light (One) on the second night.

I see your observation of the definitive 3 versions. Though the other versions makes it quite tricky to nail this...

I would love to know where these 2 versions that you mentioned, are found:
The Last Voice wrote:(deadbutdreaming) For Her Light One (unreleased)

(deadbutdreaming) For Her Light Two (at the gates of silent memory) paradise regained (Unreleased)
In any case, Stellar output and input as Standard, BRO!!
2 letters sent as have also revised the actual lyrics really heard...
on a stunning FLAC Converted to HD MP4 of Endemoniada ...
THX a lot!!!! Forever Remain!! *smoking* \\N//
Last edited by Sumerian Memory on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Last Voice
Watcher

Post by The Last Voice » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:38 pm

Audacity is a great software tool for playing with audio files.

Those versions of FHL are not to be found anywhere, but seem logical derivations of what was released. A few clicks with editing software will make them 'available'.