E/P Prophecy lyrics

Discuss about the albums and videos the band has released over the years. The band we are talking about here is of course F.O.T.N. and not side-projects, similar bands etc. Please use other sections if you want to talk about the weather.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Ngie
Leviathan

E/P Prophecy lyrics

Post by Ngie » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:48 pm

From the Shepherd's Bush live show first excerpt of the new album, what does he sing?

Here's my first essai of guesses at first listennings:

Yeah !
Fire above (or burn) fire rules (or rooms)
like a thousand songs into eternity
burn burn all above
come on burn it all /tonight from above
yeah ! 
It's luminous  a luminate atome look into my eyes
a xxxx come 
burn !
Burn ! You're not there
tonight tonight you're not there
whatta say what I say you're not there
whatta say what I say that you're not there
ha !
Burn !
Burn !
Burn !

What do you hear? *smoking*
Lizzie Umm
Moonchild

Re: E/P Prophecy lyrics

Post by Lizzie Umm » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:06 pm

Here's what my ears could make out: :D

Yeah!
Let the fire burn you
Let the fire breathe?
Like a thousand suns
Until eternity
Burning burning, over burn
Come on
Bring it on
Yeah!

Feel the spirit rise
Illuminate as one
Look into my eyes
Did you let it come?*
burning burn you're not there
Too late, so now you're not there

Prophecy
What I say
You're not there
Prophecy
What I say
You're not there
Uh!

Burn!
Burning!
Burn!

ETA:
* This line appears to be different on the 5th and 6th Dec shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za-jbBOgMtY @3:56
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9kbZj0U66I @ 3:21

Found myself singing along to this in my head at work yesterday. :mrgreen: Really, really looking forward to the new album coming out now!
Last edited by Lizzie Umm on Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's only a game,
We're only here to dream.
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:30 pm

So much "burn" in the lyrics hope he doesnt set his studio on fire again :mrgreen:
metatron666
Psychonaut

Post by metatron666 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:29 am

@Christoph: Just sitting in the train to work. Your comment made me laugh out loud! Cheers ...
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:44 am

NorthernNephilim wrote:So much "burn" in the lyrics hope he doesnt set his studio on fire again :mrgreen:
Or turn into David Coverdale ! (For those with a loooooong memory… :mrgreen: )
*smoking*
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:57 pm

David Coverdale he who sings a song and an album called Burn ?

<<People are sayin' the woman is damned,
she makes you burn with a wave of her hand.
The city's a blaze, the town's on fire.
The woman's flames are reaching higher.
We were fools, we called her liar.
All I hear is "Burn!">>
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:55 am

Ngie wrote:David Coverdale he who sings a song and an album called Burn ?

<<People are sayin' the woman is damned,
she makes you burn with a wave of her hand.
The city's a blaze, the town's on fire.
The woman's flames are reaching higher.
We were fools, we called her liar.
All I hear is "Burn!">>
…Give the lady a cigar ! *smoking* *notworthy* :mrgreen:
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:36 pm

:P
Sumerian Memory
Moonchild

Post by Sumerian Memory » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:52 pm

Fields Of The Nephilim - Prophecy ([1st analysis] Edited in time)

Yeeeaaahh!
Let the fire burn...
Let the fire breathe...
Like a thousand suns...
Into eternity...
Burn!
Burn!
Over me...
Come on!
Bring it on!
Yeeeaaahh!
Feel the spirit rise...
Illuminate as one...
Look into my eyes...
Just let it come...
Burn!
Burn!
Your eyes...
Too late...
To Know...
Prophecy...
What I say...
You're not there...
Prophecy...
What I say...
You're not there...
Uff!
Burn!
Burn!
Burning!
Burn!

P.S. I was there on the first night. 8)
...Forever Lost...\\N//...Forever Remain...
pyretta_blaze
Moonchild

Post by pyretta_blaze » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:14 am

Sumerian Memory wrote:Fields Of The Nephilim - Prophecy ([1st analysis] Edited in time)
Over me...
Come on!
Bring it on!
Yeeeaaahh!
I am agree with this version (was there both nights) but I can't help I hear "Burn it all" instead of "Bring it on", maybe I am wrong... :)
this is Julia Filchenkova
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:59 pm

Same hearing : burn it all

Thank you Lizzie Umm and Sumerian Memory for your ear help. yes the two recordings slightly differ, same from right or left ear. We definitely have to wait for the album studio recording.

For now I think I hear (after into eternity)
Earth bound (or burn)
All over
(and in a culinary way must be the influence of this time of the year:)
Come on bake it all
Yeah!
Whose very rice illuminate as one
Look into my (d)ice
How did you let it come?!
Burn!
Burn!
Burn hell!
Today tonight
you’re not there
Prophecies
What I cease...
pyretta_blaze
Moonchild

Post by pyretta_blaze » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:16 pm

Ngie wrote: For now I think I hear (after into eternity)
Earth bound (or burn)
All over
(and in a culinary way must be the influence of this time of the year:)
Come on bake it all
Yeah!
Whose very rice illuminate as one
Look into my (d)ice
How did you let it come?!
Burn!
Burn!
Burn hell!
Today tonight
you’re not there
Prophecies
What I cease...
I am not native English speaker but I hear exactly "Today tonight" instead of "Too late...To Know..." and words "What I cease..." I hear definitely too. Can't say anything about other lines... too hard for my russian ears :)))
this is Julia Filchenkova
Sumerian Memory
Moonchild

Post by Sumerian Memory » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:53 am

Fields Of The Nephilim - Earthbound Instrumental excerpt / Prophecy Lyrics / Both songs and the Mysteries...
([2nd analysis and I will edit my personal lyric notes when the official best sound quality version is released] for in the meanwhile... I keep writing the true lyrics to all the songs amap... from actually listening to the songs in various ways and studio/live/rare versions 'til I get it rite as Carl publicly/variably/mysteriously expresses it... sight within sight... I want to know) ... BTW Listen to the really difficult to hear, obscure chanting/sound effects inbetween the end of Earthbound and the start of Prophecy at SBE 30th on this 2nd night at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q0KmkeroFA (I am still trying to find a better audio recording of this for 1st night. I was there, yet too much in awe of the new songs to do anything but take a few photos in sheer Nephilim Rock and Sumerian Bliss... Thanx Ngie | Lizzie Umm | pyretta_blaze | Yet this is what I hear after many listens and am interested in your versions and do respect your input; and of course we will know the truth one day... Forever remain, for every day and nite!!! Yeah, I know---totally obsessed---a 'little' ritual---a lot of lite. 8) \\N//

Fields Of The Nephilim -
(2nd Realised Edit of 1st night)
Yeeeaaahh!
Let the fire burn...
Let the fire breathe...
Like a thousand suns...
Into eternity...
Burn...
Burn...
Oh burn...
(Come on)
(Come on)
Come on!
Bring it on!
Yeeeaaahh!
Feel the spirit rise...
Illuminate as one...
Look into my eyes...
(Eyes)
Just let it come...
Burn...
Burn...
Oh, in our eyes!
Too late!
(Too late)
To know!
(To know)
You're not there...
Prophecy...
(Prophecy)
What I say...
(What I say) ..
You're not there...
Prophecy...
(Prophecy)
What I say...
(What I say)
You're not there...
Uff!
Burn!
(Burn)
Burn!
(Burn)
Burning...
Burn!
...Forever Lost...\\N//...Forever Remain...
Moment24
Moonchild

Post by Moment24 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:04 pm

Thanks all for the lyrics , we will see in the end if Carl him self will release the lyrics, what is right or what is wrong, until then we can just speculate, but once again thanks for the lyrics .

except from Profecey, this earthbound song, is realy nice, and hope FoTN will take it on the new record, realy wanna hear a studio version of it. and when did they play earthbound for the first time ?
Moment24
Moonchild

Post by Moment24 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:31 am

Okey, englisch is not my native language, but i have lissen to the same bit over and over

Feel the spirit rise...
Illuminate as one...
Look into my eyes...
(Eyes)
Just let it come...
Burn...
Burn...
Oh, in our eyes! Here1. that sentence doesn't really say anythingFor me it dont sounds like in our eyesm but more you Have, then aaaaaa, and in that part i whana have in, "you have arisen", im swedish, so my english is not my nativ language, but, that sentence make more sence then in your eyes, 1 the song is caled PROPHECY, ok i havent read th bibel and lthe Bock of revelation, but if u have some caind of interest in the Christianity mythology, u know thy always talking on some one to Arise, not just one, one from the dark side of the force, and then one from the light side , and over and over again, this fanatic religious cult think they predict the end of the world..... when the eveil, satan belsebud, or what ever name they say it have, will arise making a living hell on hearth killing almost all humen, exept from those that realy is devotet the the ligth, the holy one, jesus god, jehova or all the name thay have for it, will come and rescue from from all evil. then u can continue whit the song, he rived to late then so on..... "you arise to late to know, you'ar not there.. Prophecy... " it maby it sounds wird.. but look to day, the prophecy, that all those fanatic christian whiting for, have never happend, closest we can come in this prophecy, should be that the Evil have Arised, bu it havent start to kill the humens yet........ so in one veiw, evil have arsed to late, but he dont know that he shuldent, or u have the other parth, the almighty jesus christ jehovah have arised but to late, and "You're not there..." cud realate to, that in this 21st century humans dont belive in Gud, jeasus christ jehovah, Budda so on so on like before, so if no one belive in u, u cant exist, then u arent here...... ust my speculation, would in any case have been the same direction, I would scream dedicated a song on, but yes, we do not know and probably will not find out inebörden, and there's little you can do when writing a text, sound, the man himself had in mind when they wrote it, is not the same for others when they listen to it, it's a very interesting way to write a text, to get his listeners to interpret a text to print devoted to something completely different you yourself thought, maybe the proof sheet is the song of an ordinary day, and they burnt on his cigarette, and it burns, it burns .......: =) sorry for the spelling and grama, used google translate coz im to lazy. hoppe it make som sence what i try to say of my speculations of the song ps, there can be some beer involved in this speculations to =)
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:02 am

Thanks Moment24 for sharing this interesting point of view. It strikes me to read those lines right after watching a program on TV talking of a movement called coexister http://english.coexister.fr/ which purpose is to invite to live the diversity of religions and beliefs, and to use it as a lever for unity and social cohesion for young people from all walks of faith and belief.
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:02 pm

Moment24 wrote: we will see in the end if Carl him self will release the lyrics, what is right or what is wrong, until then we can just speculate, but once again thanks for the lyrics .
In the meantime thanks again Moment24 for your very good essay on Prophecy lyrics. It's helpful for me to understand the meaning of this song. What you've shared here I guess is the most accurate transcription we should find.

<if no one belive in u, u cant exist, then u arent here>

Who is not there is the question at this point. Each individual should wonder for oneself as far as one feels concerned. Who does one miss?

Since you're talking of Revelation the book, here is another biblical reference :

<Isaiah 30:21 assures us that we will hear the "word behind us saying, This is the way, walk ye in it." The Holy Spirit will guide the seeking soul to help.> http://freescripturesongs.org/print-commentary?ss_id=18