Tipping point

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Dreadbear
Psychonaut

Re: Tipping point

Post by Dreadbear » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:15 pm

Yeah! I sometimes get a feeling Carl does not take his fans seriously. And to be honest I have almost stopped to care anymore. Marketing with an instinct of a suicidal! I put my hope in Bob!

/Dread Bed Head
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:54 pm

Robert A. Heinlein wrote:Cheops' Law: Nothing ever gets built on schedule or within budget.
I'd rather stop to worry, extrapolate from past experiences and take the announced dates as what they are: wishful thinking. At work I usually take my own time estimates and multiply them by three. Anyone who has an idea what that factor would be for Carl? :D
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:20 am

markandre13 wrote:
Robert A. Heinlein wrote:Cheops' Law: Nothing ever gets built on schedule or within budget.
I'd rather stop to worry, extrapolate from past experiences and take the announced dates as what they are: wishful thinking. At work I usually take my own time estimates and multiply them by three. Anyone who has an idea what that factor would be for Carl? :D
I used to co run an environmental music event. We used to have a saying for crappy time keeping, which was "Green Time"! However, out of all the hippy types, I was just about the only one whoever turned up on time or before time, everyone else turned up whenever, or "Green Time" as we called it.

I would imagine Carl operates on an extreme version of Green Time! :mrgreen:
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:52 am

Dreadbear wrote:Yeah! I sometimes get a feeling Carl does not take his fans seriously. And to be honest I have almost stopped to care anymore. Marketing with an instinct of a suicidal! I put my hope in Bob!

/Dread Bed Head
"Calm down, dears! Carl is just a temperamental, old Goth, whose cunning plans have succumbed to unforeseen delays or unfortunate stalling.” – Michael Winner.

(You may have to live in the UK and watch dull television adverts featuring Michael Winner, to appreciate the humor! :mrgreen: )
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
gilgamesh
Watcher

Post by gilgamesh » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:54 am

Well, here's an easy fix:

"Dear fans (at least those of you who are still left):
I have been on holiday for 6 months/I have lost the master tape/I am in yet another disagreement with the rights holder/I've got better things to do/I'm keeping it for myself and watch it after midnight in my basement on a full moon when a black cat crosses my path [delete as appropriate]. As a consequence the DVD is indefintely delayed/will not ever appear/might appear at some undefined time/is about to be pressed and distributed/covered in melted cheese [delete as appropriate]. Thanks for your patience/sod off/I don't know why you are getting upset/Autumn solstice samhain babylonian wibble wobble [ditto]"

There, I've even done the drafting. Carl could pop that onto the website in less than the time it takes Mrs Carl to fetch another bottle of cider from the fridge. Or even between advert breaks in Britains Got Strictly X Factor Talent Dancing bilge thingy.
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Post by wild bill buttock » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:27 pm

I think most of us old hands on this forum take most of the announcements, promises and rumours with a pinch of salt. We've all been let down too many times in the last few years to do anything else.
Lord Mureth
Nephilim

Post by Lord Mureth » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:05 am

I have a tipping point. It's called "Absolute Dissent" which will most likely render my FOTN obsession dormant for a good few months :wink:

After that point? There might be a DVD. There might be a UK gig. I'll buy the former, I hope to be able to go to the latter; but I've given up on all hopes of a new album. Hey, McCoy's just a human, like me or you; and he does what he does, when he wants to / is able to do it. No obligations.

I'd still like the DVD though :wink:
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:19 am

wild bill buttock wrote:I think most of us old hands on this forum take most of the announcements, promises and rumours with a pinch of salt. We've all been let down too many times in the last few years to do anything else.
How about an entire salt mine of salt? I have been spending the last 19 years taking all the rumours with a bloody great big salt mine of salt! :wink: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Mark Anthony Quested on Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:25 am

"When I was just a little Goth
I asked my mother, what will it be
Will it be Nefilim, will it be Nephilim,
Here's what she said to me.

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
Carl's future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be!"

:mrgreen:

Cheer up all! More things to worry about in life than whether or not a DVD or CD or whatever is released!

If the Ceremonies CD and DVD is released, then fantastic. If not, who cares!? If Carl releases a new record, great. If he decides to retire and spend the rest of his life building sandcastles, then good for him. Life will go on. :mrgreen:

I am extremely pleased to have been able to get one more album out of him (Mourning Sun), some lovely t-shirts and pendants, and have been able to finally see him in concert three times. Anything else that happens subsequently to all that is just an added bonus. :mrgreen:
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:24 am

Carl is releasing the new album as Vinyl!

The Idea Is: he is making himself each vinyl in the pancake pan and then etching the track in it with a needle in his hand. so every vinyl is unique and every one is a bit different.

But this takes a bit of time ... *whistle*
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:07 pm

NorthernNephilim wrote:Carl is releasing the new album as Vinyl!

The Idea Is: he is making himself each vinyl in the pancake pan and then etching the track in it with a needle in his hand. so every vinyl is unique and every one is a bit different.

But this takes a bit of time ... *whistle*
LOL! And then he says: "You know guys, baking all these records with my own hands in my kitchen made them a personal thing. So I can't give them away. Sorry."

As I'm still waiting for the Wright brothers to join Carl on stage for at least one song, waiting for the DVD or a new album is the lesser of my pains anyway. :mrgreen:
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:37 am

Now it looks like the always delayed computer game Duke nukem Forever would be released earlier then the new neph album :lol:
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:10 am

NorthernNephilim wrote:Now it looks like the always delayed computer game Duke nukem Forever would be released earlier then the new neph album :lol:
Duke Nukem Forever is almost as mythical as the lost Ark of the Convenant!
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
gilgamesh
Watcher

Post by gilgamesh » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:20 pm

So who wants to have first bash at a screenplay for a Harrison Ford vehicle entitled "Raiders of the Lost Ceromonies DVD"? There's enough promised but missing material to keep a whole quadrilogy going.........................
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:29 pm

Last Raiders for the Lost - starring Chuck Norris *smoking*
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:11 pm

NorthernNephilim wrote:Last Raiders for the Lost - starring Chuck Norris *smoking*
Nope ! Indiana Harrison Ford already has the hat ! *smoking*
Though… If we drag on the metaphorical side, there's a connection : Norris did three "Missing in action" movies and one called "Code of Silence". Insert your own joke ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
NorthernNephilim wrote:Now it looks like the always delayed computer game Duke nukem Forever would be released earlier then the new neph album :lol:
I think the best-selling book I plan but I have not written yet will be out before a new Neph album… :wink:
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:21 am

gilgamesh wrote:So who wants to have first bash at a screenplay for a Harrison Ford vehicle entitled "Raiders of the Lost Ceromonies DVD"? There's enough promised but missing material to keep a whole quadrilogy going.........................
With my wide brimmed hat and dry sense of humour, can I play the dashingly handsome and well hung American archeologist? :mrgreen:
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
durak
Watcher

Post by durak » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:58 pm

godfather part 5; when Don deciced for revenge hack the golden egg,
his head: not to sing, for producers and fans, those bleebing animals, as;
might not survive, who cares. Who wants and shall I say believes. For me?
without me, no one cares. Anyone without belief?
Не за что
scardwel
Leviathan

Post by scardwel » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:33 pm

Apocalypse Now... or Never?

"You smell that? Do you smell that? Bullshit, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of bullshit in the morning.
You know, one time said we were going to release a DVD, for twelve years. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' DVD. The smell, you know that sewage smell, the whole hill. Smelled like the new Nephilim.
Someday this war's gonna end."
Last Facebook For The Blocked!
durak
Watcher

Post by durak » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:23 am

jaws, hinted me not smiling again when singing;
that peculiar sound under wasn´t me drowning,
growl or merchandise, zero submarine being.
Не за что