Inner bag photo from the Nephilim

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

large7
Moonchild

Inner bag photo from the Nephilim

Post by large7 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:24 pm

Does anyone know what the image is inside the 'gothic arch' on the gatefold sleeve of the Nephilim album?

You can see it on the 'Some rare and misc Fields images and band photos.' thread.

Is it meant to be an apparition?
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Re: Inner bag photo from the Nephilim

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:34 pm

large7 wrote:Does anyone know what the image is inside the 'gothic arch' on the gatefold sleeve of the Nephilim album?

You can see it on the 'Some rare and misc Fields images and band photos.' thread.

Is it meant to be an apparition?
Probably.
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
baba
Watcher

Post by baba » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:25 am

It's the historic photo of the first case of dense flatulence to be caught on camera.
saegeas
Psychonaut

Post by saegeas » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:02 am

baba wrote:It's the historic photo of the first case of dense flatulence to be caught on camera.
' :lol: :lol: *notworthy* *notworthy*

It is an evokative image though, I remember it well from the '88 when I got the album.

I vaguely think I saw some video related to the location of this image in one of the fan videos? I don't see it in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD1uDYgEcMM although this has a lot of images with a similar mood (ATWYHBA).
gilgamesh
Watcher

Post by gilgamesh » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:53 pm

will your life change forever if you know the truth about this image?
large7
Moonchild

Post by large7 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:02 pm

gilgamesh wrote:will your life change forever if you know the truth about this image?
Wow, you're SO clever.

Will your life change forever by discussing anything at all on this forum?
baba
Watcher

Post by baba » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:46 pm

large7 wrote:
gilgamesh wrote:will your life change forever if you know the truth about this image?
Wow, you're SO clever.

Do to the Butterfly Effect it all ready has for every member of the forum, including YOU
And others that haven't read it, by the mere fact of its existance and influence on those who have and their interaction.

I think a better question would be as to how much....

And because we have no way to see every single chain of events it affects, we may never know.

And you reading this has just imprinted this statement on your mind and will now effect you for the rest of your life.

:P
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:26 pm

baba wrote:
large7 wrote:
Wow, you're SO clever.

Do to the Butterfly Effect it all ready has for every member of the forum, including YOU
And others that haven't read it, by the mere fact of its existance and influence on those who have and their interaction.

And because we have no way to see every single chain of events it affects, we may never know.

And you reading this has just imprinted this statement on your mind and will now effect you for the rest of your life.

You're fcuking right, I must say.
remember what the doorknob said
large7
Moonchild

Post by large7 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:22 pm

baba wrote:
large7 wrote:
Wow, you're SO clever.

Not really - it's effect is infinitesimal.

I doubt anything I read on her will change anything. It was an innocent question - why make such a big deal out of it.
baba
Watcher

Post by baba » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:21 am

large7 wrote: Not really - it's effect is infinitesimal.

I doubt anything I read on her will change anything. It was an innocent question - why make such a big deal out of it.

ah but it IS a big deal. From the tiny seed grows the tree, from the single spark the forrest fire, the fusion and fission of tiny atoms hold the greatest power.

Humans have a way of overlooking and discounting the seemingly small and insignifigant, but as the saying goes, God is in the details.

every little thing effects the flow of space and time. Who knows mabee posting to this has delayed some recent departure, which if you had left sooner would have resulted in an accident leaving you paralysed for life. you never know, things like that happen , people at the wrong place at the wrong time. how many times have been the right ones, do to some infinitesimaly small reason, but we just don't know it?

With that, who knows what secrets that photo realy holds...

*cthulhu*
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:18 am

baba wrote:
large7 wrote: Not really - it's effect is infinitesimal.

ah but it IS a big deal. From the tiny seed grows the tree, from the single spark the forrest fire, the fusion and fission of tiny atoms hold the greatest power.

Humans have a way of overlooking and discounting the seemingly small and insignifigant, but as the saying goes, God is in the details.

every little thing effects the flow of space and time. Who knows mabee posting to this has delayed some recent departure, which if you had left sooner would have resulted in an accident leaving you paralysed for life. you never know, things like that happen , people at the wrong place at the wrong time. how many times have been the right ones, do to some infinitesimaly small reason, but we just don't know it?

With that, who knows what secrets that photo realy holds...

*cthulhu*
Has everybody been on the sauce? :shock:
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
baba
Watcher

Post by baba » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:01 pm

A SIMPLE CURRY SAUCE

1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup whole milk or coconut milk

I should have posted such nonsence in the 'mystical' section of the forum, though its more science than mysticism. Pardon my manners, Mr Quixote.
large7
Moonchild

Post by large7 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:19 pm

baba wrote:
large7 wrote:
Wow, you're SO clever.

large7
Moonchild

Post by large7 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:52 pm

Jazz
Electrostatic
Moonchild

Post by Electrostatic » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:46 pm

"A will-o'-the-wisp or ignis fatuus (Latin, from ignis, "fire" + fatuus, "foolish"), also called will-o'-wisp, corpse candle, jack-o'-lantern, friar's lantern, hinkypunk, and wisp, is a Folklore depiction of ghostly light sometimes seen at night or twilight over bogs, swamps, and marshes. It resembles a flickering lamp and is sometimes said to recede if approached. Much folklore surrounds the phenomenon".

*cthulhu*
A vague guest on a darkened earth
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:43 pm

Photographic Bollocks

:mrgreen:
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
Last Exit
Psychonaut

Post by Last Exit » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:30 pm

weebleswobble wrote:Photographic Bollocks

:mrgreen:
A voice of sanity in an ever more depressing forum.

Seems a reasonable question to me ..... sorry I don't know the answer.
Tandooris R rockin'
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:29 pm

large7 wrote:
Wow, you're SO clever.
:shock: Wait! Wait! I'm clever too! Here! Let me proof it:
Do you postulate that gilgamesh is immortal? Otherwise it would be impossible to change ones live forever by any means at all! (my, that was clever)
Okay. Now that I've proofed that I know everything, could someone now please post a fcuking link to that mysterious photo?
:D
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
Aircool
Moonchild

Post by Aircool » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:01 pm

Back in those days, the album was often used to catch any wayward grass, if you know what I mean.
Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes...
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:32 pm

Aircool wrote:Back in those days, the album was often used to catch any wayward grass, if you know what I mean.
Err. No. Left arch or right arch? The scans seem to be from the CD and any details about what's inside the right arch seem to be lost in the print. In the left arch we do see a nibbled off chicken leg with a Jehovah's Witnesses style gloriole.
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson