Carl McCoy, Criminally Under Rated, God of Metal

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Re: Carl McCoy, Criminally Under Rated, God of Metal

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:19 pm

squishy wrote:
Mark Anthony Quested wrote:"He's not the messiah *cthulhu* , he's a very naughty boy! :twisted: "
Any first hand experience here, MAQ?
My hands have been nowhere near him! I'm not that kind of boy! :mrgreen:
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:45 pm

Mark Anthony Quested wrote:
squishy wrote:
Mark Anthony Quested wrote:"He's not the messiah *cthulhu* , he's a very naughty boy! :twisted: "
Any first hand experience here, MAQ?
My hands have been nowhere near him! I'm not that kind of boy! :mrgreen:
"Hands" is here an umbrella word, to be substituted for any appropriate appendage. Or cavity.
remember what the doorknob said
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:39 am

squishy wrote:"Hands" is here an umbrella word, to be substituted for any appropriate appendage. Or cavity.
You can keep your apendages and cavities to yourself! Dirty boy! :wink: :mrgreen:
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
VisiGoth1
Moonchild

Post by VisiGoth1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:18 am

*cthulhu*
Last edited by VisiGoth1 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
VisiGoth1
Moonchild

Post by VisiGoth1 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:24 am

*cthulhu*
Last edited by VisiGoth1 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
VisiGoth1
Moonchild

Post by VisiGoth1 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:30 am

*cthulhu*
Electrickgod
Moonchild

Post by Electrickgod » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:35 pm

FOTN are one of the few bands in history who were able to wear the tag of " heavy" without it describing the sound... Heavy defines the MOOD, in the case of The Nephilim.. and certainly the subject matter... I think there are a few things that really set this band apart from other bands at the time, and for that matter above other bands in history... first of all one of the things is the unbelievably skillful guitar playing that they employ they really are one of the best guitar bands that will have ever been. I can hear so many different influences in the guitar playing from jazz to surf to both Western and Eastern classical classical... and of course I think the one thing we would all agree is that Carl's lyricism is probably the most poignant account of personal occultism that has ever been sung... they truly are one of the most original interesting and best bands that there has ever been... they exist in a Realm all of their own... Metal isn't fit to lick the boots of The Nephilim... metal bands are shotty attempt at appropriating the authenticity that drives fields on the Nephilim... and I'm sorry if you like metal but there is in one band that could compare
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:09 am

Electrickgod wrote:FOTN are one of the few bands in history who were able to wear the tag of " heavy" without it describing the sound... Heavy defines the MOOD, in the case of The Nephilim.. and certainly the subject matter... I think there are a few things that really set this band apart from other bands at the time, and for that matter above other bands in history... first of all one of the things is the unbelievably skillful guitar playing that they employ they really are one of the best guitar bands that will have ever been. I can hear so many different influences in the guitar playing from jazz to surf to both Western and Eastern classical classical... and of course I think the one thing we would all agree is that Carl's lyricism is probably the most poignant account of personal occultism that has ever been sung... they truly are one of the most original interesting and best bands that there has ever been... they exist in a Realm all of their own... Metal isn't fit to lick the boots of The Nephilim... metal bands are shotty attempt at appropriating the authenticity that drives fields on the Nephilim... and I'm sorry if you like metal but there is in one band that could compare

Though nowadays, everything that's not the slog you have on commercial radios is "metal". If you don't listen to aforementioned slog, you HAVE TO be a metalhead. Otherwise, the world would be complicated…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
WolfyBauwow
Psychonaut

Post by WolfyBauwow » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:14 am

Electrickgod wrote:metal bands are shotty attempt at appropriating the authenticity that drives fields on the Nephilim... and I'm sorry if you like metal but there is in one band that could compare
I take it you are not very knowlegeable about the metal genere. Please share this post to a metal forum. And best of luck.