The Nephilim - 20th Anniversary

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Lord Mureth
Nephilim

Re: The Nephilim - 20th Anniversary

Post by Lord Mureth » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:37 pm

I know it's not exactly a trendy album to admit liking, but the remaster of 'Outside the Gate' was STUNNING. Probalby cos it was done with the band's input, methinks... so I guess that's the magic factor.
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Post by WolfLover » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:13 pm

NorthernNephilim wrote:
That´s not really a problem to the "old" releases, it´s a major problem that new productions are messed up with loudness, compression etc. Everyone wants to be the "loudest" but the real dynamics gets lost.

So the old neph albums aren´t really "quiet" - turned up the volume for normal listening they provide this feeling for dynamics, louder and quiter areas of the songs for telling a story - especially on "Last Exit" to give you the feeling for taking you on a trip.

... And this old neph Albums aren´t really quiter then ORIGINAL releases of Dead can Dance, Pink Floyd - it´s just caused to the Loudness wars on newer stuff.

So i hope when a re release is in the pipeline, that the feeling of the old albums doesn´t gets lost caused to lots of compression and this useless loudness wars. For me as Hi Fi listener "The Nephilim" and "Elizium" are brilliant as they are - even Mourning Sun can´t reach this.
I still stand by what I said, and I do personally think the volume is a bit on the quite and low side. I for one would love to see all them remastered.
Mont Ventoux wrote:I know I go off-topic but where can I find the sales of all Nephilim's records, not only The Nephilim ?
Are they visible somewhere?
Probably Andy or someone else of you knows sales data however :)
You can find all of them on any of the amazons, including Burning The Fields as well. :wink:
If you pass through my soul tonight
Gather all his troubles
Tomorrow's long with eternal night
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
Discover all of earth's surprises
When I'm gone wait here
I'll send my child my last good smile
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:16 pm

Lord Mureth wrote:I know it's not exactly a trendy album to admit liking, but the remaster of 'Outside the Gate' was STUNNING. Probalby cos it was done with the band's input, methinks... so I guess that's the magic factor.
Oh but there have been good remasters for sure. Those of Einstuerzende Neubauten's first five albums are just splendid - and so is the remaster of FALAA (when compared to the "original" CD version, not the vinyl one which, IMHO, remains unbeatable). I'm just worried that BB won't do it properly - hope time will prove me wrong. If they release any FotN remasters, that is
remember what the doorknob said
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Post by WolfLover » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:58 am

squishy wrote:
Oh but there have been good remasters for sure. Those of Einstuerzende Neubauten's first five albums are just splendid - and so is the remaster of FALAA (when compared to the "original" CD version, not the vinyl one which, IMHO, remains unbeatable). I'm just worried that BB won't do it properly - hope time will prove me wrong. If they release any FotN remasters, that is
I thought the remaster of FALAA was not that great, because the bonus songs were a higher volume than the actual album itself. :shock: I would have prefered the whole album, including bonus songs to all the same volume. I don't know why they did that, and seems quite absurd to me. I don't want the album to be too loud like todays albums, but just loud enough so I don't have to keep reaching for the volume control. I also had to beef up the volume on FALAA, whereas the volume on 'Floodland' was actually perfect: not too loud and not too quiet either, but each to his/her own.
Gather all his troubles
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
When I'm gone wait here
Mont Ventoux
Psychonaut

Post by Mont Ventoux » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:08 pm

WolfLover wrote:
Mont Ventoux wrote:I know I go off-topic but where can I find the sales of all Nephilim's records, not only The Nephilim ?
Are they visible somewhere?
Probably Andy or someone else of you knows sales data however :)
You can find all of them on any of the amazons, including Burning The Fields as well. :wink:
Many thanks.
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Post by WolfLover » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:56 pm

Mont Ventoux wrote: Many thanks.
No problem. See as you are italian, I checked Amazon France, and they do have all the Neph albums, and at good cheap prices too. The only one they don't have is 'Burning The Fields' unfortunately, but they have 'From Gehenna to Here' which has all the songs that 'Burning The Fields' has plus more. I hope this helps you. :wink:
Gather all his troubles
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
When I'm gone wait here
Mont Ventoux
Psychonaut

Post by Mont Ventoux » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:23 am

WolfLover wrote:
Mont Ventoux wrote: Many thanks.
No problem. See as you are italian, I checked Amazon France, and they do have all the Neph albums, and at good cheap prices too. The only one they don't have is 'Burning The Fields' unfortunately, but they have 'From Gehenna to Here' which has all the songs that 'Burning The Fields' has plus more. I hope this helps you. :wink:
Misunderstanding :)
I have all the Nephilim records by years, sure. I would like to know how many copies has been sold of Elizium, The Nephilim, Dawnrazor, Mourning Sun Earth Inferno and so on..
This is a my curiosity but I don't know if is possible to find these numbers somewhere on internet..
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:47 pm

Burning the Fields, the green releases are also sometimes on amazon (at the marketplace for used stuff). but you can also check discogs.com. the red one (first release) is a hard to get item ;).