Ceremonies Logo??

Discuss about the Nephilim, Nefilim, F.O.T.N. and other projects by Carl McCoy. Stay on-topic, all off-topic posts will either be deleted or moved to General Chat or elsewhere.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:43 pm

i feel a clown nightmare maybe in the offing tonite....a couple of years ago I was visitng my family + there was a clown convention being held....oh fcuk they were everywhere,all over town!.....still have such terrifying memories....thought I was in Hell :shock:
BlackSun
Dawnrazor

Post by BlackSun » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:55 pm

I could always send you a clown thoughtform if it'll help :D
gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:58 pm

noooooooooo :shock: thats too horrible to contemplate.....no scarecrows either,they freak me out.....clowns dressed as scarecrows....my personal nightmare
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:14 pm

gingerpazuzu wrote:clowns dressed as scarecrows....my personal nightmare
Rest safe, they almost never do; scarecrows, however, do quite often pretend they're perfectly inane clowns, arranging their own little freakshows or, better still, infilitrating this or that caravan now and then. The hilarity that ensues may well often turn quite grim - unless a murder of crows pretends to be a scarcrow nearby. Then all's well, at least until Easter.
remember what the doorknob said
gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:36 pm

scarecrows dressed as clowns is just as scary.....have the creeps just thinking about it :!:
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:39 pm

Pale Rider wrote:Me thinks, this one ... :)

similar to this one:

under where it says 'sheer faith' I always thought thats what the symbols underneath said too because the number match as did the 2 identical ones indicating the 'E's . I thought it was something Carl came up with on his own but in my recent sniffing about at alchemic symbols and the like, though I realy prefer the true alchemic cymatic symbology of sound over the manmade, I discovered that it is this:

http://www.spelwerx.com/theban.html

"It is used widely in modern Witchcraft and Wicca as a substitution cipher to hide magical writings "

umm if it is used widely , how is it you are hiding anything??
So much for having your own magical system. And I thought he was being original.

:(

gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:42 pm

Bau wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:Me thinks, this one ... :)

similar to this one:

under where it says 'sheer faith' I always thought thats what the symbols underneath said too because the number match as did the 2 identical ones indicating the 'E's . I thought it was something Carl came up with on his own but in my recent sniffing about at alchemic symbols and the like, though I realy prefer the true alchemic cymatic symbology of sound over the manmade, I discovered that it is this:

http://www.spelwerx.com/theban.html

"It is used widely in modern Witchcraft and Wicca as a substitution cipher to hide magical writings "

umm if it is used widely , how is it you are hiding anything??
So much for having your own magical system. And I thought he was being original.

:(

:lol: :lol: :lol: very true,you cant hide what widely known!....alot of magickal systems claim to be secret codes/ciphers but at the end of it all most are copied from widely available sources....originality is not what it used to be :wink:
Blindman
Moonchild

Post by Blindman » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:27 am

Lets face it. The Ceromonies tshirts bare more than a passing resemblence to a Sisters Tshirt.

The front is pretty close to the wake album cover and the back just needs the eye replacing with the line drawing of a head :)

Bit of lazy or 'borrowed 'designing by someone

Plus the symbol on the back doesn't match the one on the front.
morphicfields

Post by morphicfields » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:32 am

And we all know Eldritch took his design out of a book on autopsy's or something.
Geez, it's just artwork inspired by whatever the artist is into at the time. Enjoy the art without the analysis.
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:18 pm

morphicfields wrote:And we all know Eldritch took his design out of a book on autopsy's or something.
Geez, it's just artwork inspired by whatever the artist is into at the time. Enjoy the art without the analysis.

well it is true that tthings get 'borrowed' when creating art, I've done it too so a good point is made there. I guess influences are ment to be reflected.

but darlin' thats the whole point of art work is to analyse it! The good stuff It's supose to be thought provoking! Other wise its not doing its job. Like a movie you can't help but think about after you watch it. I guess in this case the depth of its creativity just fell short for me as far as this bit of visual at work and such. Like watching a good movie but the ending is stupid. But I certainly can't say that about everything Carl has done...
Still somethings I don't know the ending to. Mabee there is hope for him yet :P
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm

gingerpazuzu wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: very true,you cant hide what widely known!....alot of magickal systems claim to be secret codes/ciphers but at the end of it all most are copied from widely available sources....originality is not what it used to be :wink:
see, I wouldn't realy know because I don't have a magical system. I don't intentionaly do spells or rituals or any of that. To me there is no freedom in that. I'd rather live by the spirit. I just live my life and its is just by nature rather 'magical'. There are things I've done that come naturaly through my instinct or creativity that I see a similarity to certain things related but thats about it.

I guess I assumed Carl made up his own cipher because thats what I did when I was a kid. Well Actualy I'd say mine was just a realy hard to read font, so not that original either I guess :roll:
I have realy been wanting to create some sort of cipher for lycan body language tho. emoticons work for some human BL but thats it. kind of a pointless thing though I guess. :|

oh and btw may I ask what is up with people adding 'K' to the end of the word 'magic' ??
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:20 pm

Bau wrote:oh and btw may I ask what is up with people adding 'K' to the end of the word 'magic' ??
Your question here proves only you've yet to be initiated into the Mysterious Seckrets of the Mystickal and Magickal Spelling Lore, the seventh level of the Dark Esoterick Gnosis of the Occult, whose inticacies, once you've mastered them, let you read, understand (and appreciate) the True Grimoires of Mysterious Magick.

JUNGGHIVKKLYNK GHBIKUTTRRRRONKYTJ!
NYAAAAH.
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:21 pm

Shite, I made a mistake there too . . .
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:12 pm

squishy wrote:
Bau wrote:oh and btw may I ask what is up with people adding 'K' to the end of the word 'magic' ??
Your question here proves only you've yet to be initiated into the Mysterious Seckrets of the Mystickal and Magickal Spelling Lore, the seventh level of the Dark Esoterick Gnosis of the Occult, whose inticacies, once you've mastered them, let you read, understand (and appreciate) the True Grimoires of Mysterious Magick.

JUNGGHIVKKLYNK GHBIKUTTRRRRONKYTJ!
NYAAAAH.
are you sassin' me boy?

every one is lately it seems :?

just for that I'm going to, from now on, spell it 'majic'

and I think I have an idea of what I am going to start calling 'syncronicity'

Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:14 pm

squishy wrote:Shite, I made a mistake there too . . .

EB YMT JQA CMELC SM RNQJKUUIA YMTQ WMQGR GM ES QECDS!
Last Exit
Psychonaut

Post by Last Exit » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:41 pm

Bau, its nothing more than a distinction between "real magic(k)" & the rabbit out of hats stuff. And i agree, systems seem an odd thing to find when the whole point (imho) is "Do as you will be the whole of the law".

Now thats enough *cthulhu* for one day.........
Tandooris R rockin'
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:22 pm

Bau wrote:are you sassin' me boy?

Ain't given you no sass, ma'am.

If anybody was meant to be subjected to general sassing, it was much less somebody than something; and if anything like that was indeed hoped to be harrassed and sassed a bit here, it was the pompous, pretentious and pathetic rhetoric (and self-image as well) of some of the famous, or at least popular, magick theorists of the age. Their style of talking, and probably living; their notion of their absolute uniqueness and gnosis-based certified priviledge; their penchant for the idea of the Perrenial Wisdom or the Great Tradition, capital letters et al., and the need for the clandestine mystique the latter must inevitably require.
Bau wrote:just for that I'm going to, from now on, spell it 'majic'
A good idea but, alas, an already used one, it would seem:

(a very comely EP by a very comely band, btw)
Bau wrote:and I think I have an idea of what I am going to start calling 'syncronicity'

Psychotherapy with a hammer? Wait, it's not a hammer; analysis with a club, then - still fine with me. (This boom-making thing looks quite like a poppy-head to me:

Eh, talking poppy-ccok again. Sorry. If it was Freud, not Jung on the photo there, it all wouldn't be quite out of place - but alas . . .
Last Exit
Psychonaut

Post by Last Exit » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:23 pm

squishy wrote:
Bau wrote:uot;]just for that I'm going to, from now on, spell it 'majic'

That looks a lot like a K to me :wink:
Tandooris R rockin'
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:36 pm

Last Exit wrote:
squishy wrote:
Bau wrote:uot;]just for that I'm going to, from now on, spell it 'majic'

That looks a lot like a K to me :wink:
you're right . . . :oops: :oops: :oops:
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:25 pm

squishy wrote:
Bau wrote:are you sassin' me boy?

Ain't given you no sass, ma'am.

If anybody was meant to be subjected to general sassing, it was much less somebody than something; and if anything like that was indeed hoped to be harrassed and sassed a bit here, it was the pompous, pretentious and pathetic rhetoric (and self-image as well) of some of the famous, or at least popular, magick theorists of the age. Their style of talking, and probably living; their notion of their absolute uniqueness and gnosis-based certified priviledge; their penchant for the idea of the Perrenial Wisdom or the Great Tradition, capital letters et al., and the need for the clandestine mystique the latter must inevitably require.
Bau wrote:just for that I'm going to, from now on, spell it 'majic'

(a very comely EP by a very comely band, btw)
Bau wrote:and I think I have an idea of what I am going to start calling 'syncronicity'

Psychotherapy with a hammer? Wait, it's not a hammer; analysis with a club, then - still fine with me. (This boom-making thing looks quite like a poppy-head to me:

Eh, talking poppy-ccok again. Sorry. If it was Freud, not Jung on the photo there, it all wouldn't be quite out of place - but alas . . .
:lol:

its not a boom its a *jung*

it does look like a poppy , but its neither hammer nor club, its a mallet. Not to be confused with mullet.

and I wonder if Chuck Barris was realy a spy. *cthulhu*