Peter Yates

Here within you discuss about the side-projects, i.e. the bands that has something to do with F.O.T.N. and doesn't include Carl McCoy on vocals.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

TruGoff
Moonchild

Re: Peter Yates

Post by TruGoff » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:57 pm

Dr Cerebus wrote:The implication being that you think "wronged" women should shut up and stop complaining about their mistreatment. A poor choice of words.
Absolutely not! There is no implication. Mr Yates does repeatedly antagonize many fans and probably the band alike with his posts! I simply wonder if actually he resentful about not having a place in the band or has he outgrown that style of music like so many of his contemporaries? Does anypersons have contact with him and understand where from he comes? Often he writes that he would not wish to return to those days although this contrasts with his numerous post about Nephilim and Rubicon halcyon days?

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!’ This phrase in common parlance is implied by way of infidelity and nothing else.
Any stronger mistreatment or abuse you want to attach to this post is a dark and weird matter, one which should cause you to be concern with your thoughts. Porhaps you should choose your words with more care when trying to vandalise a legitimate topic?
ojopaj
Watcher

Post by ojopaj » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:33 pm

TruGoff wrote:This guy is fast getting on my nerves! After months of griping because he was LUCKY to be in FOTN he just sank to all new low... Mr Yates has just published his royalties or lack of which I think very, very not cool. Childish even! Like a wronged woman full of scorn he KEEPS on with mild references to FOTN and all thats wrong with the current line-up. Wish he could come to term with his part he played with more pride like the Wright brothers do. What ever is posted just stink of resentment that he not invited to Fallen reunion or subsequent gatherings. Shut up or put up please cos you did some cool parts on some fine tracks but you are fast blowing it!! Or am I imaginig it?
Good effing grief man, chill the heck down. How in the world is it wrong for him to post his own opinions about actually being in FoTN, and about how the music business screwed the entire band over with piss-poor royalties? I’ve been lucky enough to correspond personally with Mr. Yates and have discussed numerous technical and compositional aspects of the Neph’s songs, it’s obvious to anyone that he wasn’t ‘just a rhythm guitarist’. I’m sorry you’re bitter for your own personal reasons about the band, but attacking one of its original members for sharing his thoughts and experiences is just intolerant and makes you look like a fool. Give it up.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." — Robert J. Hanlon
TruGoff
Moonchild

Post by TruGoff » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:49 pm

ojopaj wrote:chill the heck down.
Americans! *whistle*
Gruetoff
Moonchild

Post by Gruetoff » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:02 pm

americans?!
whats going on now ? dont you dare turning this into a matter of nationality !
imo:
yates can do whatever he wants, and does not need to care what others think.
so can trugoff !

anyone not in agreement ?! i dont care !
J.amber
Moonchild

Post by J.amber » Wed May 23, 2018 3:56 pm

TruGoff wrote:This guy is fast getting on my nerves! After months of griping because he was LUCKY to be in FOTN he just sank to all new low... Mr Yates has just published his royalties or lack of which I think very, very not cool. Childish even! Like a wronged woman full of scorn he KEEPS on with mild references to FOTN and all thats wrong with the current line-up. Wish he could come to term with his part he played with more pride like the Wright brothers do. What ever is posted just stink of resentment that he not invited to Fallen reunion or subsequent gatherings. Shut up or put up please cos you did some cool parts on some fine tracks but you are fast blowing it!! Or am I imaginig it?
:lol:

Well which is it, guy? Did he produce some very cool parts on some fine tracks, or is he just a power chord strummer?

Kinda like " Don't move....get out of the car."
J.amber
Moonchild

Post by J.amber » Wed May 23, 2018 4:00 pm

TruGoff wrote:
ojopaj wrote:chill the heck down.
Americans! *whistle*
Trugoff, get your Americanisms right and up to date, they'd say " oooh aren't you salty!" or " Becky, stop being a basic bitch."
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:49 am

Peter Yates plays the guitar on the new single Radio Silence by the band Rise with singer Jo Beth Young:

https://www.obskure.com/actualites/rise ... EPk2d8rj88
https://www.riseofficial.net/
GiganticallySmall
Moonchild

Post by GiganticallySmall » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:54 pm

Ngie wrote:Peter Yates plays the guitar on the new single Radio Silence by the band Rise with singer Jo Beth Young:

https://www.obskure.com/actualites/rise ... EPk2d8rj88
https://www.riseofficial.net/
Nice one. To me, he's the most actively creative member of the band.
VetForTheInsane
Moonchild

Post by VetForTheInsane » Sat May 30, 2020 12:09 am

Apologies if this has been posted before.

Swallowdive featuring a pre Nephilim Peter Yates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQVDj-RgUmQ

Skeletal Family-esque
DEVILBOY777
Moonchild

Post by DEVILBOY777 » Sat May 30, 2020 7:05 pm

Thankyou. Nephilim fan since 1986 and never knew this existed. Nice bit of history :)