What the hell happened here?

Keep talking.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

markandre13
Leviathan

Re: What the hell happened here?

Post by markandre13 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:03 pm

very very sorry! your offer is much appreciated!

i've been quite busy these days. i'm currently removing spam using full admin rights and i'll have to figure out how to setup a user able to remove spam. please give me some time.

i also guess the elected moderators aren't using this forum anymore?
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
Selena
Watcher

Post by Selena » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:36 pm

markandre13 wrote:very very sorry! your offer is much appreciated!

i've been quite busy these days. i'm currently removing spam using full admin rights and i'll have to figure out how to setup a user able to remove spam. please give me some time.
Okay, no worries :) I'm patient as long as I hear from people. ;)
i also guess the elected moderators aren't using this forum anymore?
That seems to be the unfortunate case... :?
I don't know if there are any possibilities to contact them?
gilgamesh
Watcher

Post by gilgamesh » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:00 pm

I think it will be a very sad day when (or if) this forum gets decommissioned. There is a lot of good info on here, and some good debate. But at the moment there is not much to say, especially in this lockdown period, and most of it has been said or debated already. It is probably only some new material which would get things going again, but I have thought for ages that Carl is just using the name for a few one off gigs to generate a bit of pin money. There doesn't seem to be much interest in doing anything more significant anymore, even though there were rumours that there is plenty of unfinished stuff out there which could probably be polished off pretty sharpish if there was a will to do so. Until then this will remain a nice bout of nostalgia. I don't use Facebook or its ilk so if I want to see if there has been any news I would always try here first.
MintyTheCat
Moonchild

Post by MintyTheCat » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:01 pm

It would be a real shame to lose the Forum.

I disagree though: there are many takes on a subject, and especially one as rich as this. It's still highly inspirational to me all these years later.
Hat_Shades
Moonchild

Post by Hat_Shades » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:40 am

MintyTheCat wrote:It would be a real shame to lose the Forum.

I disagree though: there are many takes on a subject, and especially one as rich as this. It's still highly inspirational to me all these years later.
Endless layers built upon a very dark, true core.

This Forum should survive for one simple reason: a rare case where self-proclaimed fans crucify the man. Did the faithful rebel against the Creator? Sounds like this Forum embodies the myth of the nephilims [Woops].

At least "Von" mocked the fans when that was a joke of him attaching himself to the mainstream, as goth was becoming mainstream
[but that was not the mainstream Andy bargained for -- though he had the first hand in making it huge in the first place.]
Oddly enough he never scored beyond what his otherwise "imbecile fanbase" allowed him to. Crystal meth is bad for you, kids.

When releasing Zoon, Carl was anxious about what the "old guard" of fans might think. Those who didn't faint at the '93 outing, that is.

How dare he "play metal" -- as if Bauhaus didn't go full Tony Iommi back in the day -- woops. And Andy loved Motorhead.

But the Sabs are everyone's legacy right? And Lemmy belongs to no subgenre, he belongs to all mankind [like UNESCO's cultural heritage].

Zoon is not metal though. It employs metal riffs, and agressive drumming, but these are instruments in a striclty personal, immensely dark descent into a vision.

The fluffiness that many "veterans" demonstrates betrays their half-wit ignorance.

I guess some people are meant to produce masterpieces , that cut down the space-time continuum in the "expected scheme of things".

And some people are left pondering "What the hell happened here?"