What the hell happened here?

Keep talking.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Outofmindyeah
Moonchild

What the hell happened here?

Post by Outofmindyeah » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:05 pm

Total ghost town. Overrun w spam posts. Only rly one person posting, essentially talking to no one...

Is this forum totally dead then? And if so, I'm curious as to what led to this...
ThomasB
Nephilim

Re: What the hell happened here?

Post by ThomasB » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:30 am

It's been quite a hassle to log in recently, to post this, I had to go through the whole rigamarole of a new password. Maybe it's the same with others ? This and the Neffsters being DOA recently…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
WolfyBauwow
Psychonaut

Post by WolfyBauwow » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:05 pm

Outofmindyeah wrote:Total ghost town. Overrun w spam posts. Only rly one person posting, essentially talking to no one...

Is this forum totally dead then? And if so, I'm curious as to what led to this...
oh I'm talking to someone. Though I don't know if they are listening anymore. If I am driven to lose my sense of discretion, everyone else will be. :oops:

Karma... or
my theory is people just moved on with their lives. What else was there for them to do?

At one point there was a sense of fun and growing excitement and anticipation. There was a lot of Camaraderie. Things were happening with FOTN. Then some really bad energy in the fields, of certain participants, put a damper on things. Sending what seemed to be a heightening inertia into a downward spiral that sucked everything into it's maelstrom.
But issues weren't exclusive to this forum. Inadequate communication and inaction played a huge role IMHO.

But yeah I'm curious about the truth of things too.

Perhaps Carl's nephilims just got fed up and withdrew their good graces? *cthulhu*

now it's just those oh so pesky wolfilims ^..^
Eddie Shit
Moonchild

Post by Eddie Shit » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:58 pm

Activity on here had been in decline ever since FB really took off around a decade ago.
Then there was an array of cancelled shows during the years 2011 through to 2016 and people simply lost interest.
A promised brand new physical CD for sale on the German tour in 2016 never materialised. That was a complete dick move. It was just a ploy to sell tickets.
The band have new management now, but for most that has not been enough to tempt people back here, or in some cases to the shows. And we're all getting old lol.
This is the revenge of the fuckwit.
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:43 pm

Yes the forum's haemorrhage is explainable for the reasons you put here Eddie Shit. Social networks swipe it all, which is too bad.
What do you know about the new management ? Since the departure of Rob Ferguson this summer around M'era Luna who will do the job ?
WolfyBauwow
Psychonaut

Post by WolfyBauwow » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:10 pm

Eddie Shit wrote:Activity on here had been in decline ever since FB really took off around a decade ago.
Then there was an array of cancelled shows during the years 2011 through to 2016 and people simply lost interest.
A promised brand new physical CD for sale on the German tour in 2016 never materialised. That was a complete dick move. It was just a ploy to sell tickets.
The band have new management now, but for most that has not been enough to tempt people back here, or in some cases to the shows. And we're all getting old lol.
Great points. Ive been mostly out of the loop for years so wasn't aware of those other things. Hmm that is too bad about the CD and cancellations. :( I wouldn't believe it was just to sell tickets. Perhaps there was some bad stuff going down. They did release the Prophesy single. Why wouldn't they want to put out product to sell?

Perhaps these problems led to the demise of management under Trancend?
I wonder if the fact that various band members had other project and obligations, interfered with them making progress on the recordings? It takes a lot of focus. And why some bands just lock them selves away somewhere until it is done.
Well I hope this door closed so a better one can opened.

hmm yeah, no one is getting any younger and nothing in this world, other than true love, lasts forever.
Carl has been the driving force all these years. At some point he may decide to retire. Some musicians rock till they drop. Some do neither. Like the Rolling Stones. Management just keeps reanimating them.
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:09 pm

Outofmindyeah wrote:Overrun w spam posts.
I am sorry for that. There currently is a sneakers hype in China, pairs can go for 65.000 EUR...
Outofmindyeah wrote:I'm curious as to what led to this...
Besides facebook, creating a 2nd forum spread the community thin and dissolved it.
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
WolfyBauwow
Psychonaut

Post by WolfyBauwow » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:35 am

markandre13 wrote:
Outofmindyeah wrote:Overrun w spam posts.
I am sorry for that. There currently is a sneakers hype in China, pairs can go for 65.000 EUR...
Outofmindyeah wrote:I'm curious as to what led to this...
Besides facebook, creating a 2nd forum spread the community thin and dissolved it.
Is this the 'Gold Dawn' forum or a new one they created?

I kinda like it here where I can talk to no one and no one really cares. And I can fantasize about the shoe I don't have.

a fave poem of my BFF:

When I was walking down the stair
I met a man that wasn't there
he wasn't there again today
I wish that man would go away

:lol:

someone hacked my FB and other stuff so I couldn't get back in so avoiding that human zoo myself. I miss some of my friends and fam, but between the adds, the drama, men hitting on me constantly, I'm not missing it much. I am contemplating a new profile :roll:
WolfyBauwow
Psychonaut

Post by WolfyBauwow » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:33 pm

markandre13 wrote:a 2nd forum spread the community thin and dissolved it.
I had a sniff over there and it's just as dead. But facebook seems to have a bit of activity. I know what would really shake things up and get the interest back. Not sure it would be something Carl would want.

How has show attendance been?
Eddie Shit
Moonchild

Post by Eddie Shit » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:34 am

WolfyBauwow wrote:Hmm that is too bad about the CD and cancellations. :( I wouldn't believe it was just to sell tickets. Perhaps there was some bad stuff going down. They did release the Prophesy single. Why wouldn't they want to put out product
My point was that the CD was marketed as an exclusive product only available from the merchandise stand on the tour. It never materialized. Just a con to sell gig tickets.
This is the revenge of the fuckwit.
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:01 pm

WolfyBauwow wrote:How has show attendance been?
None. Maybe this year or next year again.

I found this article yesterday on Engadget about the Foo Fighters forum being closed: As internet forums die off, finding community can be harder than ever
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
MintyTheCat
Moonchild

Post by MintyTheCat » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:53 pm

I recall asking the chap on Merchandise stall at the Berlin gig 2016 about the Prophecy release as yes, it was meant to be on sale on that tour and he said to me that DHL hadn't delivered which is bollocks of course.

They are still very good live and I love to see them. What they have created is potent enough to be 'enough' for me but it has to be said that I have a balanced diet of other music and art so I'm not waiting only for the Neph to release something to justify my continued interest.

That being said: yep: as others have stated: Facebook took out pretty much all forums and this is just how it is. I personally dislike FB and most social media and prefer Forums, but it's up to you what you prefer.
Last edited by MintyTheCat on Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MintyTheCat
Moonchild

Post by MintyTheCat » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:56 pm

WolfyBauwow wrote:
markandre13 wrote:a 2nd forum spread the community thin and dissolved it.
I had a sniff over there and it's just as dead. But facebook seems to have a bit of activity. I know what would really shake things up and get the interest back. Not sure it would be something Carl would want.

How has show attendance been?
Best Neph Gig I went to in recent times was the one in 2018, October Manchester. Really, really good crowd. I was on the same Tour and had seen them in Germany and I can tell you that most of the Germans just don't rock out the way the Brits do and it shows - exception being Berlin, but it's not like seeing the Neph on home turf.

I was at the Ceromonies Gig on the Saturday, and, that was perhaps my favourite over all in 'recent' times - it was way back in 2008, but, I am getting old so long-term memory works quite well now :D :D :D

No idea on numbers attendance wise but I didn't feel 'alone' there any time :D I was out last night and was speaking to a french Chap who just so happened to be a Neph fan and we were talking about Wave Gotik Treffen and I said that I'd only go if the Neph played, and, they must be 'coming up for it' now as it's been like years since they played there. I prefer to see the Neph outside of Festivals though and will follow them on Tour when I can even these days. I have to say that the idea of having a Bus for Dawnrazors for the Tour a few years back sounded really cool and I've had come along for that :)
Selena
Watcher

Post by Selena » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:38 pm

I'd like to know - why don't the admins/mods delete the spam posts?

(Not this thread, of course! But the spam posts that advertise shoes etc.)
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:45 pm

Since there's no new material from his beloved musicians, admin decided to learn making music by covering The Eden House and other bands in the hope that one day he can write his own Neph songs so that he won't die of starvation. :oops:

I mean, these guys are also doing a fine job, but they are too animated on stage/lack the Neph's lonesome rider coolness. *smoking*

Oh! And thanx to Corona, Peter Yates seems to be busy at home writing songs. :D
Selena
Watcher

Post by Selena » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:19 am

markandre13 wrote:Since there's no new material from his beloved musicians, admin decided to learn making music by covering The Eden House and other bands in the hope that one day he can write his own Neph songs so that he won't die of starvation. :oops:

I mean, these guys are also doing a fine job, but they are too animated on stage/lack the Neph's lonesome rider coolness. *smoking*

Oh! And thanx to Corona, Peter Yates seems to be busy at home writing songs. :D

Sounds great, I'm listening to it right now. *cthulhu*

PS: @Mark Andre, can't you delete the spammy posts?
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:24 pm

Selena wrote:PS: @Mark Andre, can't you delete the spammy posts?
i do, but i'm not doing that twice a day anymore but twice per week.
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:20 am

markandre13 wrote:
markandre13 wrote:
Considering how little traffic there is, sounds more than reasonable…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Selena
Watcher

Post by Selena » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:04 pm

markandre13 wrote:
If you need a hand, let me know :wink: (I have many years of experience of dealing with unruly spam bots 8) )
Selena
Watcher

Post by Selena » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:39 pm

Well... if there is apparently zero interest in maintaining the forum properly, why not take it down? :roll: