4%
Keep Active
87%

Total votes: 23
TruGoff
Moonchild

DAWNRAZOR FORUM SHUTOWN

Post by TruGoff » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:55 pm

Seriously guys, there have been a few new fans on here attemptimg a resurgence in the band.
The band have their official forum for starters.
There really isn’t anything of interest to discuss here due to lack of new materials.
Many of the old dawnrazors simply have lost interest and don’t visit anymore!
Porhaps it time to wish Carl and the band well and shut down this beloved forum that is fast becoming lost?
*cthulhu*
Last edited by TruGoff on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Re: DAWNRAZOR FORUM SHUTOWN

Post by oldnephilim » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:04 pm

maybe better times will come, so keep it active
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:11 pm

The official FOTN forum known as NewGoldDawn was deserted soon after its creation bursting a last ditch attempt once in a while.

The only FOTN forum alive at this point is this fan board aka as the Dawnrazor forum. It has the advantage to warrant freedom of expression with no risk of censorship or conflict of interest, which I appreciate and find particularly valuable as times go by.

Of course if it was becoming too heavy for its owner to run it we should talk about it and reconsider things but until then why bother?

By the way there is a section about the life of the forum called 'The Site' for a subject of that sort.
Beladona
Moonchild

Post by Beladona » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:55 pm

This forum is the best sorce of informations. It would be a pity.
Lizzie Umm
Moonchild

Post by Lizzie Umm » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:14 pm

I pop in fairly regularly to check up for new info so would say Keep it Open please!

On the other hand, if it was closed down, albeit for a planned short while do you think it might motivate anyone to release new material/ perform in other parts of the country/globe?
It's only a game,
We're only here to dream.
Deeg
Moonchild

Post by Deeg » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:31 am

Keep it going, Where else can I find out about Kitchen sales?
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:11 am

I'm still popping up. But I'm not into that metal thingie Just Like Everyone Else. Do I have to leave ?
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:23 pm

Ngie wrote:The official FOTN forum known as NewGoldDawn was deserted soon after its creation bursting a last ditch attempt once in a while.
It was quite active for a while and there's still some traffic. But creating it has spread the fan base thin and might have been counterproductive.
Ngie wrote:The only FOTN forum alive at this point is this fan board aka as the Dawnrazor forum. It has the advantage to warrant freedom of expression with no risk of censorship or conflict of interest, which I appreciate and find particularly valuable as times go by.
Some heated discussions had been deleted in the past to keep the peace.
Ngie wrote:Of course if it was becoming too heavy for its owner to run it we should talk about it and reconsider things but until then why bother?
The owners are this forum's members. Speaking as the bloke hosting it, the only effort I have to put into it is deleting spam, doing backups and I really should do a software update in the future.

This forum has send me on a tour through Europe following FOTN and got me into contact with you wonderful people. It has a place in my heart and I would miss it. So it is here to stay.
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:45 pm

markandre13 wrote:
Ngie wrote:The official FOTN forum known as NewGoldDawn was deserted soon after its creation bursting a last ditch attempt once in a while.
It was quite active for a while and there's still some traffic. But creating it has spread the fan base thin and might have been counterproductive.
Ngie wrote:The only FOTN forum alive at this point is this fan board aka as the Dawnrazor forum. It has the advantage to warrant freedom of expression with no risk of censorship or conflict of interest, which I appreciate and find particularly valuable as times go by.
Some heated discussions had been deleted in the past to keep the peace.
Ngie wrote:Of course if it was becoming too heavy for its owner to run it we should talk about it and reconsider things but until then why bother?
The owners are this forum's members. Speaking as the bloke hosting it, the only effort I have to put into it is deleting spam, doing backups and I really should do a software update in the future.

This forum has send me on a tour through Europe following FOTN and got me into contact with you wonderful people. It has a place in my heart and I would miss it. So it is here to stay.

RIGHT
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
Beladona
Moonchild

Post by Beladona » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:22 pm

So it is here to stay.
Great!
Dravid
Moonchild

Post by Dravid » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:04 pm

Beladona wrote:
So it is here to stay.
Great!
Seconded!!

The only reason to shut down I would find to be plausible was if the administrators wouldn't want to do the work anymore and would not find any successors.

I fully understand being frustrated because of a cancelled gig (due to insufficient ticket sales, according to my understanding) and because of the discrepancy between announcements and not living up to them. But with the exception of short periods it's been like this since 91. And considering that there is no band but only a frontman with musicians he hires for gigs every once in a while, any talk of a new album is so obviously bogus that one cannot reasonably have any respective expectations which could then be disappointed. Of course I'd love to be proven wrong, but seriously...the prime requirement would be that there was someone able to compose an album.

Yet I don't understand why there should be a forum only if there was a band. That part of the Nephs was effectively ended by Carl in 91. Even if the Nephs were not in existence at all anymore, I would still hope for the forum to continue. And that's not even the case. Some of the recent gigs have been pretty awesome. Plus many of those who wrote the music we all love are still doing so in other contexts.

Like others I've not been very active here recently. That might change or it might not. Either way it would not be a reason to close this place down.

My 2 cents...thanks markandre13!
dj_chr1st
Dawnrazor

Post by dj_chr1st » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:00 am

Keep it going. So many good memories from this forum , meet ups , gigs , towers , friends..

Maybe the band will help us out and give us something to talk about.. *cthulhu*
So many creatures
which one are you now
sharpening features
which one are you now .
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:02 pm

markandre13 wrote: This forum has send me on a tour through Europe following FOTN and got me into contact with you wonderful people. It has a place in my heart and I would miss it. So it is here to stay.
what the man said :wink:

chill out folks there will be some announcement :mrgreen:
morning comes as light burning out my eyes
Moonchild
Watcher

Post by Moonchild » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:16 pm

I still pop in now and again. Good to hear it's staying open.