Your 1st FOTN gig

Past and present concerts. Keep on talking about memories from the past, or about the gigs that are up and coming.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

AshNebus
Moonchild

Re: Your 1st FOTN gig

Post by AshNebus » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:54 pm

24th Moment at Astoria 2007, the earliest opportunity :)
Our Wings will unfold
And be painted like Gold
matthewaos
Moonchild

Post by matthewaos » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:20 pm

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/fields-of ... 4ff95.html

that was the first for me. that was the first ever time in greece too. great concert, except that the looper maflmanctioned in shroud. they started the song one more time. but the setlist was great and the concert also.
FuschiaGroan
Moonchild

Post by FuschiaGroan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:43 am

June 1989, Brixton Academy. It still counts as one of the most intense experiences of my life, even in cynical middle age. In my 17-year-old naivety I stood right in front of the speakers, I got squashed and deafened, I couldn't take my eyes off Carl for a moment, I spent weeks afterwards in a trance. Got my hearing back eventually though and went to see them again as soon as I could. Almost scared to go to SBE gig next month because nothing but nothing could live up to that night.
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:47 pm

FuschiaGroan wrote:June 1989, Brixton Academy. It still counts as one of the most intense experiences of my life, even in cynical middle age. In my 17-year-old naivety I stood right in front of the speakers, I got squashed and deafened, I couldn't take my eyes off Carl for a moment, I spent weeks afterwards in a trance. Got my hearing back eventually though and went to see them again as soon as I could. Almost scared to go to SBE gig next month because nothing but nothing could live up to that night.
welcome here, see you at SBE soon - keep posting :-)
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:06 am

oldnephilim wrote:
FuschiaGroan wrote:June 1989, Brixton Academy. It still counts as one of the most intense experiences of my life, even in cynical middle age. In my 17-year-old naivety I stood right in front of the speakers, I got squashed and deafened, I couldn't take my eyes off Carl for a moment, I spent weeks afterwards in a trance. Got my hearing back eventually though and went to see them again as soon as I could. Almost scared to go to SBE gig next month because nothing but nothing could live up to that night.
welcome here, see you at SBE soon - keep posting :-)
Welcome too !

I would have had the same feeling if I ever had an opportunity to attend the recent Kate Bush gigs… (anyone here attended BTW ?)
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
FuschiaGroan
Moonchild

Post by FuschiaGroan » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:45 pm

Thanks for the welcomes. Feeling right at home here
Don
Dawnrazor

Post by Don » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:19 pm

ThomasB wrote:
I would have had the same feeling if I ever had an opportunity to attend the recent Kate Bush gigs… (anyone here attended BTW ?)
I did, just not in the manner I initially intended.
For 10 brief minutes I held a couple of tickets in the virtual world until my bank decided to "protect" me by blocking what it thought might be a fraudulent payment (Eventim Apollo processes payments through the Netherlands, probably some kind of tax dodge).
Naturally, I was gutted. But in a bizarre twist of fate a mate of mine, who is a chef, got the job for the hospitality ticket catering and very kindly put me down on the guest list for a special preview show the Sunday before the official run began - basically a full dress rehearsal in front of an audience of about 900.
Rather than highjack any more of this thread, if you want, I'll pm you a copy of a short review I wrote of my initial impressions, which is probably truer than my trying to recall it four months later.
You Will Treat Her Like A Cure

www.leon-steelgrave.com
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:10 am

Don wrote:
ThomasB wrote:
I did, just not in the manner I initially intended.
For 10 brief minutes I held a couple of tickets in the virtual world until my bank decided to "protect" me by blocking what it thought might be a fraudulent payment (Eventim Apollo processes payments through the Netherlands, probably some kind of tax dodge).
Naturally, I was gutted. But in a bizarre twist of fate a mate of mine, who is a chef, got the job for the hospitality ticket catering and very kindly put me down on the guest list for a special preview show the Sunday before the official run began - basically a full dress rehearsal in front of an audience of about 900.
Rather than highjack any more of this thread, if you want, I'll pm you a copy of a short review I wrote of my initial impressions, which is probably truer than my trying to recall it four months later.
I'd be delighted ! *notworthy* Great story too !
Even if I had the money, which I don't, I'm not sure if I would have attended. Either fear of being disappointed of fear of being taken back in time through places I'd rather avoid… :?
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:02 pm

Don wrote:
(...)
Please do. Both reviews are true as live moments you've experienced each in its time.

and welcome FuschiaGroan!
jorge saavedra
Moonchild

Post by jorge saavedra » Fri May 15, 2015 1:34 pm

6th December 2014. SBE. London. On the age of 42...
zoltan
Moonchild

Post by zoltan » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:57 pm

1st Neph gig Uxbridge uni Nov 1987
Followed by The Astoria a few days later

and Yes I was lucky enough to see Kate Bush last year too.
Anubis
Moonchild

Post by Anubis » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:07 pm

*smoking* its soo very long ago...Germany about 25 years ago.....but good , Fan since this first gig *notworthy*
waters
Moonchild

Post by waters » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:40 am

Mera Luna 2000
Last edited by waters on Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MintyTheCat
Moonchild

Post by MintyTheCat » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:51 pm

I am such a terribly young person and although I was 14 when I got into the band back in 1994 I missed the Zoon tour as I was sitting my GCSE exams and was not happy about that... So I saw them for the first time at the Astoria in 2007 and could not believe they would play until McCoy had appeared on the stage :D
Deeg
Moonchild

Post by Deeg » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:09 am

'88 Sheffield... Remember seeing a few bonanza's on the train over from my swampland residence...cannot recall the gig..was slightly under the influence by the time they came on stage.
Selena
Watcher

Post by Selena » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:57 am

2008 at the WGT (in Germany)

A dream came true. *cthulhu*
Damian
Moonchild

Post by Damian » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:57 am

24.09.1987 Haus Der Jugend Düsseldorf *notworthy*
robbieg
Moonchild

Post by robbieg » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:47 am

Reading Festival 1987. Blew me away. Bought Dawnazor from tower records in London and headed back home to Scotland. Saw them again n Glasgow that year then in 1988 saw them in Edinburgh. Had my kitbag packed and planned to do 2 or 3 more shows..... 16 later the Precious tour finished in London. Did another tour in 89 and 90 then hung up my kitbag.

Loved every minute. The people you met on the road and at the gigs. The long hours standing at the side of the road hitching. The tour friends houses, squats, train/bus stations, park benches and doorways slept in. The gigs every night....hot, sweaty, choking on dry ice....shoulders sore from someone sitting on them....the music. Always the music.

Found the kitbag the other day, reading the tour dates, faded signatures and tags, pictures drawn by long forgotten artists. Brought back memories that led to this site.

Feeling old now but privileged and thankful I had those amazing times.
pyretta_blaze
Moonchild

Post by pyretta_blaze » Sat May 21, 2016 8:09 pm

5 December 2014... gonna see them sixht time in June since that gig...
this is Julia Filchenkova
Moonchild

Post by rossva » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:39 pm

I was late to the party, having been into the Neph since Dawnrazor, but first gig was actually 'The Nefilim' at Rock City 18/05/1996.

Incidentally there's no setlist n setlist.fm... any one here go to it and remember this??? (You got a feckin good memory if so! :D )

holy heck that was a while ago