Your 1st FOTN gig

Past and present concerts. Keep on talking about memories from the past, or about the gigs that are up and coming.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Nic
The Watchman

Post by Nic » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:16 pm

Badlander wrote:
kim wrote:Alright I ordered Elizium and Earth Inferno,
Good boy. :mrgreen: *notworthy* *smoking*
Or girl rather. :wink:

But she forgot Dawnrazor... :roll:
When routine bites hard and ambitions are low...
kim
Moonchild

Post by kim » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:20 pm

I swear I think I had dawnrazor and another album many years ago but have moved a few times and its probably in a box somewhere at my moms house. It will be quite a job when my mom passes away, she has three attics full of stuff, so I know I'll find it one day along with my prom dress! Kim
thegranny
Leviathan

Post by thegranny » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:20 pm

good choice Kim! *notworthy*
"Cover his face so that he may not see the light."
http://www.elusive.no
R.I.P. Jan Kenneth.
kim
Moonchild

Post by kim » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:58 pm

Alright got both cds, have listed to elizium which I really like and Im trying to listen to Earth Inferno but really havent had a chance to hear the whole thing through. I was listening to it while I folded laundry, my husband walked in and was like "What the hell are you listening to?" FOTN is probably more his musical taste then mine. Anyhow I think I must have seen them in NY on thie Elizium tour, thats if they came to NY for one, it would fit the timeframe. Also I remember my friend Kevin was a tech who worked the Ny show and he gave me their first two albums(?) Im foggy he told me that they it was great music to drive to, which is true. Alright just wanted to let you know Im enjoying the music, laughing when I cant understand the lyrics, but man carl has a great voice, so deep. Kim
PS. cold as hell here in Colorado, 0, plus more snow, I did read that Europe isn't getting any snow, I guess we're getting all yours!
Timoth
Dawnrazor

Post by Timoth » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:41 pm

i would have to say that earth inferno is my favourite live album of all time, the first track going on for 15 odd minutes. utter genius and always played before a night on the town!! last time saw the nephs was at eurorock with a mate of mine, long journey specifically to see them! was not dissapointed! was buzzing for weeks. he's went the year i think it was playing with chaos engine. back stage passes et al, so wish it was a couple of years before!
Insert unfunny witicism here!
kim
Moonchild

Post by kim » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:10 am

Okay I've listened to Earth Inferno a few times and I like it, definately sound pink floyddish.
VizhiGoth
Moonchild

Post by VizhiGoth » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:36 pm

(A suitable first post I guess)

My first FOTN gig was sometime in late '86 (possibly 2nd of Oct?) at the old Marquee, London, aged 22. I'd been pretty musically naive, but some friends had introduced me to the idea of goth... and I was just starting to explore. A solo trip to see this band I'd only just heard seemed like a good idea - and I was just blown away. Cue one musical obsession. I can't really remember much from the gig as it passed in an entranced haze, but I do kind of remember Carl walking off in a huff at the start of the encore because of sound problems, and one of the uvvers having to go drag him back on.

Other Neph gig memories include: -

- Queuing for ages in rotten weather for another gig at the Marquee (Dec 30th '86?) only to see an arm drop about 2-3 people in front of me and hear the horrible words "that's it, we're full".
- Leaving Brighton (in '87?) during what I hoped was the last song of the encore and joining a mass of black-clad bodies running up the high street to catch the last train back to London.
- Making a whistle-stop tour of Germany in '93 - fly out to Frankfurt, gig, train to Cologne, gig, fly home.

I've got some old ticket stubs, but only poor quality webcam piccies of them.
thegranny
Leviathan

Post by thegranny » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:55 pm

hey, welcome!!!! wow! I envy you.... :mrgreen:
"Cover his face so that he may not see the light."
http://www.elusive.no
R.I.P. Jan Kenneth.
Nic
The Watchman

Post by Nic » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:02 pm

Thanks for sharing VizhiGoth, and welcome to Dawnrazor.

I think you will fit in here quite nicely, there's a bunch of old sad goffs lurking around already. :wink:
Gressil
Moonchild

Post by Gressil » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:00 pm

1987 Princess Charlotte Leicester small cramped and sweaty just as it should be :wink:
GreboGoth
Dawnrazor

Post by GreboGoth » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:14 am

Gressil wrote:1987 Princess Charlotte Leicester small cramped and sweaty just as it should be :wink:
Was that the "Mark Of The Watchmen Tour" - April / May time ?

Think that was my first time as well
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:59 am

Nic wrote: there's a bunch of old sad goffs lurking around already. :wink:
arsefekbiscuitarsefekbiscuitarsefekbiscuit :wink:
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
Gressil
Moonchild

Post by Gressil » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:16 pm

twas the Preacher Man tour MOTW was in 1988
ghenna girl
Leviathan

Post by ghenna girl » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:19 pm

weebleswobble wrote:
.....errrmmm...what's an arsefekbiscuit?? Noun? Verb? Adjective?......Hey and what's wrong with old sad goths anyways??
The DDUFGA Party, you know it makes sense!
Nic
The Watchman

Post by Nic » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:33 pm

ghenna girl wrote:
weebleswobble wrote:
.....errrmmm...what's an arsefekbiscuit?? Noun? Verb? Adjective?
I like to know that too. :roll:

Hey and what's wrong with old sad goths anyways??
Nothing... as long as they wear a hat or a veil. :wink:
ghenna girl
Leviathan

Post by ghenna girl » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:18 am

Nic wrote:
ghenna girl wrote:
weebleswobble wrote: arsefekbiscuitarsefekbiscuitarsefekbiscuit :wink:
.....errrmmm...what's an arsefekbiscuit?? Noun? Verb? Adjective?
I like to know that too. :roll:

Hey and what's wrong with old sad goths anyways??
Nothing... as long as they wear a hat or a veil. :wink:
Well, got both of those, so that's me covered!! (no pun intended *whistle* )...Now, if I could only sing like Mr Mc......Could maybes impersonate him and get a (whisper it) T.O.U.R. going?????
The DDUFGA Party, you know it makes sense!
miss monster
Dawnrazor

electrostatic maybe?

Post by miss monster » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:33 pm

Hey y'all,
i can remember many many gigs in bits and bobs (t'was deffo that thunderbird)! and im now feeling guilty for the clog wearing boot stomping behaviour. wasnt cambridge big seans (roadie) birthday and we all got twatted in the pub around the corner. i can remember linda falling into the bins... i was doing mushrooms with the welshies that day i think.
i have masses of photos of the earlier years if theres anyone out there who cares! and come to think of it, i dont think i missed a single gig for years except the USA tour... and for some reason several people decided to sport the tour shirts at the T&C gig even though they didnt go! i know this coz i wouldnt have had beer fights at the summer fezzies with them otherwise!
do i know any of you old buggers on this site then?
we celebrate here...
Precious to the flock x
Lord Mureth
Nephilim

Post by Lord Mureth » Wed May 09, 2007 9:57 pm

How do, finally stopped de-lurking and thought I'd add my tuppence worth!

Seeing as I was stuck at the far west of Cornwall (and indeed still am, thought it's through choice now!) Neff gigs were always a bit of a journey... so imagine my delight when, around the time 'Power' came out (Sept 86 I think?) they announced a gig in Penzance, only 10 miles from me.

The gig was cancelled (sound familiar?)

Hey ho, thought I.

Imagine my even GREATER delight when, upon the release of Preacher Man, they announced gigs in both Penzance (again) and Plymouth. Bought tickers for both.

BOTH gigs were cancelled this time... at the last minute, I think.

I was beginning to feel hard done by. I met people who HAD actually seen them live, and didn't believe them.

So I finally got to see them at Reading Festival in 87, almost a year after I was supposed to first see them!

First PROPER Neff gig was at the Fiesta Suite in Plymouth (Electrostatic tour), which was absolutely bloody wonderful. After that... 3 times on Mark of the Watchman, 3 times Precious to the Lost, and sundry other ones.

BEST one of all though was the warm up for Reading at the Majestic in 88; absolutely un-flippin-believeable.

And as for the next one? Hmmm.....
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Wed May 09, 2007 10:38 pm

No more talk of cancelled gigs please Lord Mureth :lol:
  • ...KEEP POSTING...
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
Lord Mureth
Nephilim

Post by Lord Mureth » Wed May 09, 2007 10:41 pm

weebleswobble wrote:No more talk of cancelled gigs please Lord Mureth :lol:
Fair point.... can't help being a pessimistic old bugger, you know... not so pessimistic that I've not bought a ticket though! :D