Am I the only one who finds it strange.....

Past and present concerts. Keep on talking about memories from the past, or about the gigs that are up and coming.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

VetForTheInsane
Moonchild

Am I the only one who finds it strange.....

Post by VetForTheInsane » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:38 am

Am I the only one who finds it strange that there's been virtually no mention of last week's mini tour by anyone on this forum (other than a question about newcastle).

I'm one of the old followers and have racked up 68 Nephilim gigs but I dont go anymore as it started to feel like a neph tribute band with mccoy singing.

So is the lack of posts the continuing trend of people slowly losing interest in the neph because of no new stuff/no old band members/it seeming now to be all about mccoy financing his bills than bothering with what's next or quality legacy?
Or is it just a lack of visitors to the forum?

My personal reason is it's just not the neph without the wrights and yates. The sum of the old parts made them special and now they're just not special.
ThomasB
Nephilim

Re: Am I the only one who finds it strange.....

Post by ThomasB » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:32 am

I guess that's it. This place used to be for happy banter, along with FOTN-related things, but for the reasons you mentioned, plus total disrespect of the fans who kept the thing running (you can't promise "new material" for ages and hope that folks will believe you, and how many cancelled shows ?), I guess most of us have moved on. I don't know how long M. McCoy will be able to milk the FOTN name — pretty soon, no one will know who they are, and you can't attract new punters by doing bugger all. And going "see, we're all mentally now !" might be the solution for old goffsters (some will have you believe goff has always been about that "metal" thingie which rakes in the dough), but I doubt that will do, considering the competition… At least Front 242 does not pretend to be anything else but their own tribute band !
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:42 am

Sad but true friends, but the nephs are boring shit these days :(
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
foreverremain
Moonchild

Post by foreverremain » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:59 pm

Hi guys, it was I who posted about the recent Newcastle gig. Wondering exactly the same things you mention - why is everything quiet? Not 100% sure about metal sound (strange because I like metal) it's just I prefer the 80's Neph sound. I've checked out youtube of Newcastle the other night and my initial thought was, I prefer Whitby. Why? Because it stinks of fish and you can get Trillo's ice creams there...

For the record I've liked FoTN since 1988, but hey, times change I suppose. Not always easy to accept. Accept? Remember them?.....

Hoping for dark nights in the Autumn and better times ahead.

Ciao for now.