21 Dec 2015 Set List and Reports

Past and present concerts. Keep on talking about memories from the past, or about the gigs that are up and coming.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Dravid
Moonchild

21 Dec 2015 Set List and Reports

Post by Dravid » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:45 pm

Since the board remained rather silent after Islington and Xmas is close...here's wishing that ye lucky ones up for tonight's carnage will let all of us poor souls who can't be there live vicariously through your reports rather sooner than later. Pleaaaseee....
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Re: 21 Dec 2015 Set List and Reports

Post by oldnephilim » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:52 pm

Setlist:

ok, right one below:

*whistle* *whistle* *whistle*
Last edited by oldnephilim on Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
Dravid
Moonchild

Post by Dravid » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:33 pm

Hell, ain't that the gig they played when I last went 15-20 years ago? I prefer to travel to shows where they play songs I've known for at least quarter of a century. Might be too much of a surprise for me to take otherwise. Besides, I only like about a third of this set, so relieved I'm not going :mrgreen:
Deeg
Moonchild

Post by Deeg » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:34 am

Top show.. No shroud but you cannot have it all.. I was great and it was a bloody good laugh..

Earthbound is getting better each time, longer version tonight, still has the feel of an intro to something....

Oddly dustless though!
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:25 pm

Set list (not sure with the encore, as I wasn't there - feel free to edit)

24th moment
dawnrazor
moonchild
for her light
love under will
from the fire
zoon
prophecy
vet for the insane
mourning sun

earthbound
last exit
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
Dravid
Moonchild

Post by Dravid » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:23 pm

According to the event fb (as linked on the Nephilim Gigography: http://www.fieldsofthenephilim.com/arch ... raphy.html):

24th Moment
Dawnrazor
Moonchild
For Her Light
Love Under Will
From the Fire
Zoon Pt 3
Prophecy
Vet for the Insane
Mourning Sun
(encore)
Earthbound
Psychonaut
(encore 2)
Last Exit For The Lost

LE on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxfm1BIy8KU

Rather nice! Even though Tony remains way too much in the background of the mix. The hypnotic pull which is esential to LE, my fave song EVER, owes much to the bass, like here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8NMayki4Uc

But maybe that's just due to the recording. And Carl appears to be in great form.

GK messes up at 7:30, when he begins to rock all magic away, but does a fine job when he takes the lead a minute later.

The drumming? Well, the acceleration, which not even the classic lineup managed each time, works ok. Which is kind of high praise when comparing it to most post-91 renditions. Not the classic build-up, but neither the guitar-induced rupture which has become the standard since 93. Yet, the overall rhythm just doesn't groove. Has LN turned this into a stomping 2/4? Compare the classic performance from about 7:00. The use of 8ths, the off-beat emphasis on the 2 and how the cymbals are utilized.

Nonetheless, certainly one of the better performances and I'd have loved to have been there. I'm sure those who were had an awesome time. So do share your experiences!!

And hopefully more vids up soon! Considering Deeg's remark: Earthbound, anyone??
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:18 pm

A friend of mine told that it was a damn great gig, one of the best ... so keep
fingers crossed for 2016. :wink:
Dravid
Moonchild

Post by Dravid » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:07 pm

Coach trip?? *whistle* *whistle*

Keeping fingers crossed :wink:

Currently I'm thinking about Munich, Cologne, Berlin. With a coach Bremen might work out, too. Just not sure if I can leave Munich early enough to catch the bus.

Primarily hoping that the gigs will go ahead at all.
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:15 pm

Dravid wrote:Coach trip?? *whistle* *whistle* NO - not me!

Keeping fingers crossed :wink:

Currently I'm thinking about Munich, Cologne, Berlin. With a coach Bremen might work out, too. Just not sure if I can leave Munich early enough to catch the bus. - MUNICH, yes

Primarily hoping that the gigs will go ahead at all.
That's the point. :|[/quote]
Dravid
Moonchild

Post by Dravid » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:36 pm

oldnephilim wrote:
Dravid wrote:Coach trip?? *whistle* *whistle* NO - not me!
Just teasing :twisted:

Well, actually only in part..part of me was also hoping...but I fully understand. Let's keep all fingers crossed and we'll have a drink in Munich.

New Forum footage up.

Dawnrazor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxW66tHo5aA

Mourning Sun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je-ibA6X10Y

Psychonaut snippet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxi2ZHU81P8

I can't remember when Carl was as strong on Dawnrazor the last time. Wish I had been there.

Tbh, I hate having cameras in my way at gigs, but I'm truly grateful for the opportunity to at least see what I missed. And this one appears to have been particularly special. So cheers to everyone who has shared footage!