Fields of the Nephilim Paris 16th/12/2015 Trabendo

Past and present concerts. Keep on talking about memories from the past, or about the gigs that are up and coming.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

TruGoff
Moonchild

Re: Fields of the Nephilim Paris 16th/12/2015 Trabendo

Post by TruGoff » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:42 pm

markandre13 wrote:
ww wrote:I mean, sometimes, shit just happens.
You like othors are part of the problem. :(
You enable this by letting them off the hook and just keep spending you money on them!
It happens TOO often now to be credible *whistle*
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:58 pm

There is a way to avoid too much disappointment when one band is not reliable, it consists in no longer go to their venues except when they come in your close area or on festivals. There, with other centres of interest if they cancel you can still be satisfied and party.
Moonchild
Watcher

Post by Moonchild » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:48 pm

Yep, you're right there. Which is why the only gig I'm considering this year is M'era Luna. If (or when) the Neph cancel, there's always the Sisters, VNV and others.
redshaman
Moonchild

Post by redshaman » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:12 am

Agreed, fed up with all these cancellations.
I lost over £150 in december because of the gig moved to another venue/date.
Ok the Shepherds Bush thing wasn't there fault, but if they'd announced something
straight away (and they knew almost immediately as other artists like Hawkwind were already making
other arrangements because of the same problem) i wouldn't have lost this money.

Ok if a band member has some personal issue thats fair enough, but the total
silence from the manager, bands facebook/official site is just disrespectful.
Especially when they can be bothered to put up there latest merchandise
to try and prize more money out of us.

As for the new album in march, yeah right, i believe it when i see it.
ww
Moonchild

Post by ww » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:59 pm

All true.
It cannot be too hard or difficult to put something up on the website or facebook sooner than later (or not at all...).
Also that festival where all bands played (for free or whatever) except the Nephilim.
Ok, I know you have to pay musicians, mixing guy etc etc and they would have lost money, so not played at all. Understandable.
Understandable for a "band" that cares zero about its followers and "buyers".
As some of you remarked, it is useless to be bitter but it is best to avoid travelling long distances to see them.
Too risky.
The old/new merch and the old/new promises of new music stuff "just around the bend" (I can remember some "EP" was spoken about years and years ago) is of course another matter.
Carl doesn't care about the website etc. and if you look into the past there were always some dodgy dealings (like the whole JUNGLE episode with the Fallen album etc etc).
Unreliable.
The old stuff and music is still great though.
Just forget the rest :-)
redshaman
Moonchild

Post by redshaman » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:12 am

Yes i think we all remember the promised Sleepers EP that never happened.
I'm sure they will announce some December UK shows for this year but i shall be very
reluctent to spend money on hotels/train tickets again after the money i lost over the
Shepherds Bush thing.
I just dont understand why they are so detatched from their fanbase, they take it massively
for granted that we'll all keep buying the tickets and the t-shirts. But they dont care because
they know most shows they do will sell out.
As for a new album, the reason it hasn't been a priority is that everyone knows that there is
hardly any money to be made from record sales these days. Also because they are not under
contract to any label like in the BB days, there is no-one to kick Carl up the arse and make them
release stuff.
Surely the manager, rest of the band and others close to Carl must have read the comments on facebook
from frustrated and angry fans that have lost money over the cancellations and at least write some sort
of statement of apology, fair enough they dont want to go into too much detail about the personal issue
of a band member.(another excuse to delay the phantom new album).
Unless they have split up and dont want to say so incase it hurts the merchandise sales from the Nephilim store.
redshaman
Moonchild

Post by redshaman » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:19 am

Also i had to laugh when i read a facebook comment from back in august when they were offering a discount
on all items so they could " Make room in the warehouse for new releases / new merchandise".
Made me piss when i read that.
Moonchild
Watcher

Post by Moonchild » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:19 pm

redshaman wrote: Surely the manager, rest of the band and others close to Carl must have read the comments on facebook
from frustrated and angry fans that have lost money over the cancellations and at least write some sort
of statement of apology, fair enough they dont want to go into too much detail about the personal issue
of a band member.
I honestly don't think the manager gives a shit about the fans. He's made some very contemptuous comments about Dawnrazor in the past so I wouldn't be surprised if he takes some perverse pleasure in reading about people on here losing money. Just my opinion, but it's the impression I get.
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:08 am

I see Rob Ferguson as a rather communicative person, at the opposite of Carl who we all know is not good at communication at all. Also Carl's band strategy is to cultivate mystery, however it has a drawback : disrespect. As a manager Rob is not the boss, not the one who decides for the band but does what he's told. We can imagine he's been told not to say what happened. Same status for Tony. Just an opinion.
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:29 pm

at least they are allowed to say you can order coffee mugs now. :twisted: