German Tour March 2016

Past and present concerts. Keep on talking about memories from the past, or about the gigs that are up and coming.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

oldnephilim
Nephilim

Re: German Tour Nov 2015

Post by oldnephilim » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:37 pm

Thanx fcuk, I havn't organised a dawnrazor coach trip this time 8)

... and I think I won't do it again in the future anymore, due to matters beyond my control :twisted:
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
Anubis
Moonchild

Post by Anubis » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:50 pm

:evil: Cologne instead of Oberhausen ??? Not sure if i and the ones who come withme
have time in March ....November was so perfect...New Material Really ????????
They could have also played these gigs and aditional gigs wih New Material then in 2016??!!!
Ahriman
Psychonaut

Post by Ahriman » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:13 pm

oldnephilim wrote:Thanx fcuk, I havn't organised a dawnrazor coach trip this time 8)
... and I think I won't do it again in the future anymore, due to matters beyond my control :twisted:
Well, if they really do present new material, there might be a huge demand for another coach trip... :wink:
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:31 pm

not me *cthulhu*
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:56 pm

Apart from the disappointment for those who were ready to come to those shows I choose to think it's a good new. Of course I'm sorry for those who have booked already the trip, with hope they'll be payed back, and wish they'll get over it when the new stuff is released.

Knowing how laborious the process of releasing new stuff is let's say this new is quite coherent indeed especially if we consider that new material is to be released and therefore is requiring the band to fully dedicate to this instead of letting time flow by going another tour with "old" stuff.
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:53 am

Sorry, i cant stand it anymore they are posting the same sentence in the announcements since 2012?, 10 or whatever. + The Snake rumour thing in Whitby whatever the clue for that was for ... the band definitely lost seriousness to me.

That makes andrew eldritch more sympatical to me for his clear words "no more new albums from me and F+ck off" ...
Anubis
Moonchild

Post by Anubis » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:16 pm

[quote="NorthernNephilim"]Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: HAHAHA exactly my thoughts
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:02 pm

Anubis wrote:Image
He might be busy spoiling his grandchildren and have no spare time or motivation left for another album, you know that basic stuff most people try in their teen age to prove they're someone then drop once they've become adults :?
MintyTheCat
Moonchild

Post by MintyTheCat » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:53 pm

A real let down. I had much more faith since 2007 where the Neph were concerned. Before that in the 90s and early 2000s it was a running joke.

They did play one new song at WGT this year though.

I say play anyway new material or not and at least don't bother to advertise that you are going to play and send out tickets if it is not to be.
Selena
Watcher

Re: German Tour March 2016

Post by Selena » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:03 am

Not sure if I can make it :|
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:54 am

ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:27 am

oldnephilim wrote:seems to be confirmed:
Well, only two months now to finally cancel it… :evil:

Been there, done that, got the bloody receipts…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Anubis
Moonchild

Post by Anubis » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:10 pm

I will be there *whistle*

I hope FOTN, too ?!
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:02 pm

There are two kinds of people in this world my friend. Those who attend gigs and those who don't. Think I don't. :wink:
Anubis
Moonchild

Post by Anubis » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:53 pm

got still my tickets from ..hmm was it November.... :?: :!: :roll:
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:05 am

oldnephilim wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world my friend. Those who attend gigs and those who don't. Think I don't. :wink:
You forget those who *MIGHT* attend gigs if aforementioned gigs were not cancelled… :twisted:
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
psichonaut
Psychonaut

Post by psichonaut » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:37 pm

gong to Koln. .
anybody in?
All our days are numbers
We bare the face of men
The rain, the skies are changing
But I will fly again
MiniCarl
Watcher

Post by MiniCarl » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:41 pm

Berlin for me and Jani!!!
Keep psychoviking...
lordnephilim
Psychonaut

Post by lordnephilim » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:12 pm

Anyone going from Cologne to Berlin by car on Sunday with two free seats. Would be great if we could tag along

Cheers!
the Man, the Myth, the Legend...
Dravid
Moonchild

Post by Dravid » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:05 am

What a surprise when I got on the internet today right before leaving for the gig: Prophecy online. Not much time left, so I listened to the released version three times only. Not what I expect from Nephilim (others apparently like it way better), but I don't rank Pazuzu higher anymore. The video is rather nice and unexpectly so since the Prophecy artwort is not exactly to my liking (unlike any other Sheer Faith artwork apart from Metatron).

What followed was rather void of surprises though. With the exception of TE replacing AJD once again. No further lineup changes.

The gig itself was good. Not their best, but I am more than happy that I went and am looking forward to Cologne now.

Also not really a surprise: No sampler CD (which presumably explains today's Youtube upload).

Not really a surprise once more: No new tracks. However, the piece of art formerly known as Earthbound and now unveiled as Equinox for the first time with vocals (the long 6 minute version, Carl joining in during the second half, seeming a bit uninspired, more mumbling than singing and I couldn't decipher anything, definitely quite some work to be done on this one to realize its full potential, yet good to see this developing into more than the awesome instrumental it has been so far and a treat to follow its evolution).

The setlist:

24th Moment
Dawnrazor
Moonchild
For Her Light
Love Under Will
From The Fire
Zoon
Psychonaut
Equinox [official title of Earthbound]
Prophecy
------------------
Last Exit

Extremely strange subdued atmosphere. I was standing close to the front center stage and although the venue was filled well (though I would bet not sold out), no one bumped into me until the end of Last Exit when there finally was some dancing by me and someone else. Throughout the whole gig there was no pit behind me, let alone any towers.

Carl's voice was plain astonishing. And he is truly singing again. After a long time of....well...this is better forgotten...it's been on the rise already for a few years and blew me away today, expecially on From The Fire, Zoon and Psychonaut.

Tony always shines. Period. No one else can do this. His rythmic talent was what turned Prophecy into more than a standard rock tune. And seeing him play his Warwick Streamer always gives me goosebumps. It is only since his return that the songs sound coherent to me again.

Mixing wasn't always on par (at least for where I stood), and the bass was compromised at times (some volume/overdrive issues), but not too badly (the guitars, although still fine, too, took a greater hit, esp. TE).

Lee was ok. Nephilim is obviously not his music, but the drumming didn't put me off at all today. Apart from the acceleration in Last Exit being too abrupt again.

Gav's and Tom's guitar sound didn't blend well at all. GK playing his rather appealing ESP Ltd EC-1000 with a very pronounced clean humbucker sound (btw, not once was any instrument changed during the gig) and Tom Edwards playing his Tele with quite a twang (which I never noticed as much with him before). Not Paul's Gretsch twang, but the right direction, just not matching well with Gav.

Not so nice, however, to see TE struggling hard and often in vain with Paul's arpeggios. Love Under Will was ok, but once some left-hand fingerwork was needed it became obvious that AJD is a much better fit.

I've not been Gav's biggest fan. So far. Today (with the exception of Love Under Will) he was VERY strong. Not only his best showing I have seen (whether live or on footage, and I have watched ALL online footage). Much more: What he did today was true Fields of the Nephilim. Sure, he's not Pete and seemed to feel particularly at home during the stomping performance of Zoon. But not only did he practise restraint today on Last Exit directly after the acceleration where he was rocking all magic away last December. What struck me most was that he played A LOT of ebow and slide today and that what he did there worked very, very well. And exhibited the experimental stance that made FotN stand out back in the day.

Not many of the usual following present today. But I met some cool people. Due to which I'm not even feeling particularly frustrated about not watching out well enough for the set list I had snatched and which someone else grabbed while I was buying some more merch.

Now looking forward to Cologne where some more of the usual suspects will be present.
Last edited by Dravid on Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.