Eurorock Festival 16th May 2015

Past and present concerts. Keep on talking about memories from the past, or about the gigs that are up and coming.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

andyb71
Moonchild

Re: Eurorock Festival 16th May 2015

Post by andyb71 » Mon May 18, 2015 12:55 pm

This is a slightly differnt take on events

http://www.side-line.com/eurorock-2015- ... ic+news%29
EatKnuckle
Psychonaut

Post by EatKnuckle » Mon May 18, 2015 6:03 pm

Something is shady about the whole situation, just look at front 242's statement:

http://www.front242.com/site/content/news.asp

"On Saturday at 2 PM we received a message that the festival was in a chaotic situation: “sound and lights, backline, catering and all the bands were not going to be paid and would leave the festival”.

This came after two weeks of unclear statements, promises and silences from the production and organization of the festival. We had not collected or received any money to cover the basic costs we’d already advanced (personnel, planes, rental cars, equipment, hotel, etc.) , nor any advance payment for the concert."

Sounds a wee bit unprofessional
...cover his face...
radiojamaica
Psychonaut

Post by radiojamaica » Mon May 18, 2015 8:40 pm

I'm with Scardy: Killing Joke nailed it! *smoking*
Let's take it back to the old school!
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Tue May 19, 2015 8:41 am

Well what's surprising is that, if there really was a theft (amount from 45 000 to 80 000 from an account to another… :roll: ), I wonder how some blame the organisation for calling the police… But such a sum should be insured, innit ? Which means they would have gotten it back from the insurance company. When is another matter altogether, we know those insrance guys… If it was not, well, THAT was definitely stupid.
I can understand those who decided to play anyway… And those who did not ! (Though Carl puts quite a damper on Carl's "we only play when the stars are in connection blah blah blah" schtick… *whistle* )
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
MrBonZai
Watcher

Post by MrBonZai » Tue May 19, 2015 1:00 pm

it's a crap... for sure...
scardwel wrote:Setlist:

Straight to the bank
Moneychild
Love under bills
New gold coins
The Doshman
At the gates of the fcuking festival
And there will be your fans also
Last exit for the dosh
but your playlist sounds like, that they have played the hole new album, lol :P
can I have it on mp3 please? :mrgreen:
fcuk the towers
durak
Watcher

Post by durak » Tue May 19, 2015 6:41 pm

a hundred quid? Somebody got Rob`bed.
Не за что
sziamiau
Psychonaut

Post by sziamiau » Sat May 23, 2015 9:38 pm

it's a good thing i did not bother to go
kazamel
Psychonaut

Post by kazamel » Thu May 28, 2015 2:50 pm

Sorry for this crap piece of English, but I just pulled this site through Google translator. Well, you get the idea (including a misspelled band name) ...
Bernard
Bernard Van Isacker was there this year too. He was hired as a consultant by Donckers, specifically as spokesperson and press officer for the festival.

"After the robbery we negotiated with various bands and when it became clear that many bands wanted to play," he wrote yesterday in his blog. "Either because they were already paid in full or in part, or because they wanted to play for nothing. Eventually, there was but one band that really refused to play because a small amount of their payment (we are talking about 100 euros or so) had been received and that was The Fields of the Nephilim. "Isacker adds to this that" if I them I was'd be ashamed. "

"Not 100 euros or so we had to get even, or 7,500 euros"

Shame they occur at Fields of the Nephilem not. And they find it bad that they could not play, something for which they already extensively apologized to fans though. But she would have liked that fans also got the right information and in these: "We did not have a hundred or so euros credit, but still had to get 7,500 euros."

"When we heard of the problems we proposed to drop half of the gage The rest of the amount we just need to cover our expenses:. We had to hire a bus, bus drivers who had to be paid, there were the tickets for the Eurostar, ... And we asked that they could at least ensure that the backline was okay - no, we just can not play no backline That was because the organization never paid for. ".

"This is 200 euros"

The organization told us that they would get done though. But when they came back, they wanted to give us all of a sudden just 200 euros. And besides the promised material was not in order. It was raining steal furthermore ... we did not answer questions that we asked about how safety could still be guaranteed've given the collapse or internal infrastructure. "

"We can go on and on. There was no food for our crew and drivers, who had been just 10 hours on the road. There was not even drinking in the locker room. In 30 years this was the worst experience of live events I have ever had!

The worst

"The worst part is that we had just before and even during our trip to the festival had contact several times with the festival. They were at that time already well aware of the fact that they could not pay us. But no, everything was perfectly fine they said. "

"We had no alternative but to retreat to the hotel and acceptable That due to matters beyond our control we were PREVENTED from delivering the show. We sincerely apologize to the many fans who were disappointed, we all feel exactly the same."

"Eurorock was a manifestation of the most horrendous cluster fcuk we had ever had the misfortune of being associated with in 30 years. We have huge respect for the volunteers who Attempted to placate Those in attendance and we sincerely apologize To Those disappointed by our absence through no fault of our own, but in the cold light of day we are absolutely sure we made ​​the right call. "
I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects.