Ritual of Fire bootleg

Bootlegs. Many people don't like them for various reasons. But they also has a good collection value for some people. Here you discuss about bootlegs in all forms; tapes, records, CDs, videos etc.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Vegueta
Moonchild

Ritual of Fire bootleg

Post by Vegueta » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:49 pm

Hello everybody

I'm a bootleg collector my web site is: http://vegueta37.tripod.com/fields.htm

I know Ritual of fire was posted a couple of years ago to download, unfprtunately is not working more and Im looking for it, since mine is damaged, please let me know if you can help me, and if you need something from my collection

Best Regards

Vegueta!
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Re: Ritual of Fire bootleg

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:04 pm

Vegueta wrote:Hello everybody

I know Ritual of fire was posted a couple of years ago to download, unfprtunately is not working more and Im looking for it, since mine is damaged, please let me know if you can help me, and if you need something from my collection

Best Regards

Vegueta!
Have you tried eBay? It is sometimes on there, especially http://www.ebay.co.uk

I should point out that Carl McCoy frowns on the commerical sale of bootlegs, especially as he and the other band members (past and present) do not get any royalties from the sales. SHARING bootlegs with other fans for the sheer love of it is one thing, but the SALE of bootlegs is another. When "In Memorium" was being sold on eBay in approx 2006/2007, McCoy and/or his manager informed the seller of Carl's distain of bootleg sales and asked the seller not to sell any more after the batch he had were sold.

Pardon my whinging, I just want to point out that Carl frowns on the commercial sale of bootlegs. And I know that a rep from Transcend Music Group does drop by here on occasions.
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:22 pm

Oh dear, a response from Carl McCoys personal assistant :roll:

Did we really need that lesson on music financial economics?

Vegueta was looking for the download that was previously available here. I might have it but I'm working right now. I'll have a look next week and I'll happily upload again, if I don't I'm sure some one else will.

Hopefully Carl won't mind.

The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
Vegueta
Moonchild

Post by Vegueta » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:24 pm

Thank you very much! please feel free to ask me for whatever you want from my collection, it's not just about FOTN I have more than 5000 bootlegs from many bands, thanks for your help :mrgreen:
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:27 pm

weebleswobble wrote:Oh dear, a response from Carl McCoys personal assistant :roll:

Vegueta was looking for the download that was previously available here. I might have it but I'm working right now. I'll have a look next week and I'll happily upload again, if I don't I'm sure some one else will.

Just pointing out the facts is all, weebles. I did say there is nothing wrong in SHARING bootlegs of concerts, I was in fact referring to the TRADE in bootlegs, which Carl does frown upon. And of late, both Carl and his management (Rob Ferguson) have been somewhat supportive of Dawnrazor, as well as other forums such as Sumerland. Therefore, I just want to keep that good relationship going and not wanting to tread on Carl's toes. Nothing wrong with that, methinks. :mrgreen:

Secondly, I am not sure why you are calling ME Carl's personal assistant, Weebles. Have you noticed who the new moderator of New Gold Dawn is? *whistle*
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
ian
Leviathan

Post by ian » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:32 am

Mark Anthony Quested wrote:
weebleswobble wrote:Oh dear, a response from Carl McCoys personal assistant :roll:

Just pointing out the facts is all, weebles. I did say there is nothing wrong in SHARING bootlegs of concerts, I was in fact referring to the TRADE in bootlegs, which Carl does frown upon. And of late, both Carl and his management (Rob Ferguson) have been somewhat supportive of Dawnrazor, as well as other forums such as Sumerland. Therefore, I just want to keep that good relationship going and not wanting to tread on Carl's toes. Nothing wrong with that, methinks. :mrgreen:

Secondly, I am not sure why you are calling ME Carl's personal assistant, Weebles. Have you noticed who the new moderator of New Gold Dawn is? *whistle*
I fcuking wish lol

But yes as you quite rightly point out I am indeed a moderator over on the New Gold Dawn forum as well as on here, and also as previously stated any and all good communications and positive relationships that can be continued and / or built up with both Carl and the band and Rob and transcend, then I see this as only ever being a positive thing, and also if the need arises that there is something that I can do to help out I am gonna be more than happy to do so.........
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:27 am

Don´t make the mistake and search on ebay - why ripping of your purse??? if you want the original tray inlay and disc you have to do so, but if you already have this only the disc is defective you can choose the better alternative:

In fact maybe i can reupload it and refresh the link from the recent thread ...

btw. : currently there is an Athens boot from 2008 circulating there, beginning at 20 euros

http://cgi.ebay.de/FIELDS-OF-THE-NEPHIL ... 4cf47d2155

do someone knows the source / taper - or maybe has it on the hard disk??? *whistle*
baba
Watcher

Post by baba » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:17 pm

Best Regards

Vegueta!

I should point out that Carl McCoy frowns on the commerical sale of bootlegs, especially as he and the other band members (past and present) do not get any royalties from the sales. SHARING bootlegs with other fans for the sheer love of it is one thing, but the SALE of bootlegs is another. When "In Memorium" was being sold on eBay in approx 2006/2007, McCoy and/or his manager informed the seller of Carl's distain of bootleg sales and asked the seller not to sell any more after the batch he had were sold.

Pardon my whinging, I just want to point out that Carl frowns on the commercial sale of bootlegs. And I know that a rep from Transcend Music Group does drop by here on occasions.
I don't understand, Why are you advising the purchase of bootleg on ebay in first sentence, but then advising against it in the rest of your post??? :?
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:18 pm

baba wrote:

Best Regards

Vegueta!

I don't understand, Why are you advising the purchase of bootleg on ebay in first sentence, but then advising against it in the rest of your post??? :?
The purchase of a singular bootleg that's been around for donkey's years and has long been out of production off eBay is one thing, I was discouraging the mass production of bootlegs which Carl frowns upon (In Memorium, for example). I was not sure what the OPs agenda was concerning his web site, i.e. whether he was selling them or not, as his web site was not clear enough. It was my little disclaimer to keep in Carl's good books is all.

By the way, I have PMed the OP, telling them that I might be able to give them a copy of the bootleg free of charge if I have it in my collection and can dub it onto CD-R for them.
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Invisible Goth
Psychonaut

Post by Invisible Goth » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:33 am

He is the biggest fan. He's also seen them live a few times! *notworthy*
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:38 am

Mark Anthony Quested wrote: It was my little disclaimer to keep in Carl's good books is all.
Why? scared he'll not invite you round for drinks and canapés?

Carl, get your fcuking finger out. DVD yesterday thanks.

MAQ calls you a cross dresser behind your back. :wink:
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:48 am

weebleswobble wrote:
Mark Anthony Quested wrote: It was my little disclaimer to keep in Carl's good books is all.
Why? scared he'll not invite you round for drinks and canapés?
I thought the polite approach to be the more valid one. :wink: :mrgreen:

And in fairness, he does frown on the sale of bootlegs, so I just posted a disclaimer, so the good relationship built up by Ian and others between Dawnrazor and Transcend/Rob is not damaged. No harm in that. (And I have made an offer to the OP to try and help him/her out if I can do so.
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Invisible Goth
Psychonaut

Post by Invisible Goth » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:32 pm

Mark Anthony Quested wrote:Biggest fan, am I? I think others on here can claim that title more than I, as I don't travel all across Europe attending every single gig!

You are best chums with John Carter. Why don't you regale us (again) with the story of how you once spoke to him
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:47 pm

Invisible Goth wrote:
Mark Anthony Quested wrote:Biggest fan, am I? I think others on here can claim that title more than I, as I don't travel all across Europe attending every single gig!

You are best chums with John Carter. Why don't you regale us (again) with the story of how you once spoke to him
Amd bore you all again? We can't have that!

(Not my fault that he walked up to me outside a venue, knew me by name and got chatting! :mrgreen: *notworthy* )
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
moomaaman
Dawnrazor

Post by moomaaman » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:30 pm

This thread seems to be missing its last post..... hmmmm.
mark really, who gives a flying frig.
do you buy 'celebrity 'magazines perchance?
cover his eyes, so that he not over-analyse
Morphic
Dawnrazor

Post by Morphic » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:36 pm

Yep. I deleted it. I just couldn't be arsed.

How ya doin Moo? We missed you in Germany!
And after all this? Nothing. Nothing at all.
moomaaman
Dawnrazor

Post by moomaaman » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:25 pm

shame, it was a good post! - to the point . Its always good to say what you think, I reckon, even though sometimes it does get you into trouble!
I'm good thanks Rob, yeah germany was SOOO tempting but I had 2 uni assignments to be in so its just wasn't to be done I'm afraid!
cover his eyes, so that he not over-analyse
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:15 am

Back to the original topic, one CD-R with Ritual of Fire on it, on its way to the OP. I wonder where that came from? *whistle* :mrgreen:

... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8jqpjTHOwc
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested