Preacher Man and Memoriam CDs

Bootlegs. Many people don't like them for various reasons. But they also has a good collection value for some people. Here you discuss about bootlegs in all forms; tapes, records, CDs, videos etc.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Sheriff Of Nothing
Moonchild

Preacher Man and Memoriam CDs

Post by Sheriff Of Nothing » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:10 pm

Hello everyone! Nice to have joined this forum. Looks good, with a lot of friendly banter here.... :D

Just wondered if anyone could clear something up for me. I recently bought the 'Preacher Man' CD (eBay inevitably!), but on listening to it, can tell no discernible difference between this and the Festival of Fire CD. On the insert it says Dusseldorf (31.03.91) just as the stickied 'bootleg thread' does above, but the thread below says that the Festival of Fire gig is also Dusseldorf even though it is credited as London 28/04/91 above. Elsewhere on the forum it says that neither of these are correct and that the gig is in fact Cheltenham (2nd August 1990) :?

Does this mean that both CDs (Preacher Man & Festival Of Fire) are in fact the Cheltenham gig, as they sound exactly the same to me?

Also, is the Ritual of Fire CD the second part of Cheltenham too?

Lastly, does anyone know anything about the Memoriam 2-CD currently available on eBay (though maybe not for much longer as the seller has been contacted by FOTN themselves.....apparently)? Can't find any reference to it elsewhere and it's fairly pricey (postage!).

ps... apologies if I should have stuck this on one of the other threads I've referred to in this one.
Last edited by Sheriff Of Nothing on Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
razorbreed
Moonchild

Post by razorbreed » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:19 pm

I've had a look at Memoriam too - the seller also told me FOTN may be trying to get it withdrawn. The seller has some great Nef stuff at times including those artists proofs of original artwork for album covers. Does anybody know anything about it ?
Badlander
Leviathan

Post by Badlander » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:11 pm

Just wait til Ande shows up, he probably has all the answers you need. 8)
And when the promise was broken, I cashed in a few of my dreams
Sheriff Of Nothing
Moonchild

Post by Sheriff Of Nothing » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:03 pm

razorbreed wrote:I've had a look at Memoriam too - the seller also told me FOTN may be trying to get it withdrawn. The seller has some great Nef stuff at times including those artists proofs of original artwork for album covers. Does anybody know anything about it ?
Yes, I think I know the artwork you're referring to. Up a few weeks ago and for a few hundred ££s. I lost track of these so maybe they were removed by eBay as well. Methinks the seller may be on thin ice!
Badlander wrote:Just wait til Ande shows up, he probably has all the answers you need.
OK, thanks. I'll wait until then. Ironically, I I bought some FOTN gigs from him a few years ago too.
Last edited by Sheriff Of Nothing on Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ande
Watcher

Re: Preacher Man and Memoriam CDs

Post by Ande » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:34 pm

Sheriff Of Nothing wrote:I recently bought the 'Preacher Man' CD (eBay inevitably!), but on listening to it, can tell no discernible difference between this and the Festival of Fire CD. On the insert it says Dusseldorf (31.03.91) just as the stickied 'bootleg thread' does above, but the thread below says that the Festival of Fire gig is also Dusseldorf even though it is credited as London 28/04/91 above. Elsewhere on the forum it says that neither of these are correct and that the gig is in fact Cheltenham (2nd August 1990) :? Does this mean that both CDs (Preacher Man & Festival Of Fire) are in fact the Cheltenham gig, as they sound exactly the same to me?
'Festival of Fire' is an Italian "reissue" of the German 'Preacher Man' CD. Its Dusseldorf, despite the Italian title alluding to the 'Fire Festival' - its not recorded in London
Sheriff Of Nothing wrote:Also, is the Ritual of Fire CD the second part of Cheltenham too?
No. 'Ritual of Fire' is an LP, which was intended to contain tracks from the 'Fire Festival' at the Town & Country Club in London. However, due to a tape mix up, a tape of Cheltenham 1990 was used...
Sheriff Of Nothing wrote:Lastly, does anyone know anything about the Memoriam 2-CD currently available on eBay (though maybe not for much longer as the seller has been contacted by FOTN themselves.....apparently)? Can't find any reference to it elsewhere and it's fairly pricey (postage!).
Made by the guy selling it.

Hope thats of some help...

Ande
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:37 pm

Greeting Sheriff Of Nothing

...Keep Posting...
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
Nic
The Watchman

Post by Nic » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:24 pm

Welcome Sheriff, enjoy your stay. :D
When routine bites hard and ambitions are low...
Sheriff Of Nothing
Moonchild

Post by Sheriff Of Nothing » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:04 am

Ande wrote: Hope thats of some help...

Ande
Yeah, cheers, that's great. Appreciated. I guess with Preacher Man saying on the sleeve that it is Dusseldorf means things weren't as complex as my first post made it out to be. Still, I now have 2 CDs that are exactly the same.....
weebleswobble wrote: Greeting Sheriff Of Nothing
Nic wrote: Welcome Sheriff, enjoy your stay.
Thanks both :)
Last edited by Sheriff Of Nothing on Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
thegranny
Leviathan

Post by thegranny » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:12 pm

welcome & enjoy! :D
"Cover his face so that he may not see the light."
http://www.elusive.no
R.I.P. Jan Kenneth.
Badlander
Leviathan

Post by Badlander » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:55 pm

I forgot : welcome to this silly place. 8)
Sheriff Of Nothing
Moonchild

Post by Sheriff Of Nothing » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:35 am

Cheers thegranny and Badlander :) Do either of you need an original copy of the Festival of Fire CD? Can't be a**ed putting it up on eBay or somewhere similar. They've made their millions allowing anything to be sold to anyone, now they can crack down on things...... :?
Last edited by Sheriff Of Nothing on Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
thegranny
Leviathan

Post by thegranny » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:00 pm

I think I have a copy, but thanx! :D
"Cover his face so that he may not see the light."
http://www.elusive.no
R.I.P. Jan Kenneth.
Sheriff Of Nothing
Moonchild

Post by Sheriff Of Nothing » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:15 am

Seriously, folks. If any member here would like an original CD of Festival of Fire then I can send them this one I have here. Free postage even :)

If wanted, then probably best to go with the first to post a message here (then PM for details), as PM first may chuck up more than one person! (Or indeed, no-one at all :wink: )
“I’d never join a club that had me as a member”
Timoth
Dawnrazor

Post by Timoth » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:54 pm

Seriously, folks. If any member here would like an original CD of Festival of Fire then I can send them this one I have here. Free postage even

If wanted, then probably best to go with the first to post a message here (then PM for details), as PM first may chuck up more than one person! (Or indeed, no-one at all )

yes plse sherriff, ill take it off your hands! will pm postage deatails if you agree. cheers bud *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy*
Insert unfunny witicism here!
Sheriff Of Nothing
Moonchild

Post by Sheriff Of Nothing » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:32 pm

Timoth wrote: yes plse sherriff, ill take it off your hands! will pm postage deatails if you agree. cheers bud *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy*
All yours. Enjoy...it's a great gig! 8)
“I’d never join a club that had me as a member”
nomad
Watcher

Post by nomad » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:09 pm

razorbreed wrote:I've had a look at Memoriam too - the seller also told me FOTN may be trying to get it withdrawn. The seller has some great Nef stuff at times including those artists proofs of original artwork for album covers. Does anybody know anything about it ?
Hi everyone!

I've got a copy of the Memoriam bootleg and it's pretty damn good! Best sound quality I've ever heard and note-perfect too! I saw the Nephs the night before in Portsmouth and from what I remember this is representative of that tour i.e the whole of elizium played live. Could do with some old school classics like Dust though...
"Where's the little man?"
bennyek
Moonchild

Post by bennyek » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:18 pm

nomad wrote: Hi everyone!
I've got a copy of the Memoriam bootleg and it's pretty damn good! Best sound quality I've ever heard and note-perfect too! I saw the Nephs the night before in Portsmouth and from what I remember this is representative of that tour i.e the whole of elizium played live. Could do with some old school classics like Dust though...
Ye got it to the other day and its great sounds like a soundboard recording.
Badlander
Leviathan

Post by Badlander » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:11 pm

I don't mean to be rude, but...

Would any of you guys mind starting weeding this nice wee Memoriam booty ? *whistle*

"What's weeding ?" I hear you say. That's what it is :

viewtopic.php?t=25

I'm not asking anyone to do anything. I'm just saying it'd be a nice thing to do. 8)
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Post by WolfLover » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:35 pm

Sheriff Of Nothing wrote:Hello everyone! Nice to have joined this forum. Looks good, with a lot of friendly banter here.... :D

Just wondered if anyone could clear something up for me. I recently bought the 'Preacher Man' CD (eBay inevitably!), but on listening to it, can tell no discernible difference between this and the Festival of Fire CD. On the insert it says Dusseldorf (31.03.91) just as the stickied 'bootleg thread' does above, but the thread below says that the Festival of Fire gig is also Dusseldorf even though it is credited as London 28/04/91 above. Elsewhere on the forum it says that neither of these are correct and that the gig is in fact Cheltenham (2nd August 1990) :?

Does this mean that both CDs (Preacher Man & Festival Of Fire) are in fact the Cheltenham gig, as they sound exactly the same to me?

Also, is the Ritual of Fire CD the second part of Cheltenham too?

Lastly, does anyone know anything about the Memoriam 2-CD currently available on eBay (though maybe not for much longer as the seller has been contacted by FOTN themselves.....apparently)? Can't find any reference to it elsewhere and it's fairly pricey (postage!).

ps... apologies if I should have stuck this on one of the other threads I've referred to in this one.
Hi Sheriff Of Nothing you download the whole Memorium 2-CD album here: By the way sometimes its a bit iffy so you might want to give it a try it at a later stage, so the best of luck downloading it :D
viewtopic.php?t=296
If you pass through my soul tonight
Gather all his troubles
Tomorrow's long with eternal night
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
Discover all of earth's surprises
When I'm gone wait here
I'll send my child my last good smile