Dawnrazor "demos and outtakes" ?

Bootlegs. Many people don't like them for various reasons. But they also has a good collection value for some people. Here you discuss about bootlegs in all forms; tapes, records, CDs, videos etc.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

ojopaj
Watcher

Dawnrazor "demos and outtakes" ?

Post by ojopaj » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:01 pm

In a recent fit of random stumbling around the interwebz, I found this page:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stevedoughty/tapes.txt

It's just a list of bootlegs the guy trades, he has some FotN stuff, but here's what struck me:

"FIELDS OF THE RARITIES 1CD MIX
NEPHILIM "DAWNRAZOR" DEMOS & OUTTAKES 1985-86 1CD MIX"

Dawnrazor demos and outtakes?? Reeeeeally?

Any of you fine gents or ladies hear of any such thing??
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." — Robert J. Hanlon
squishy
Nephilim

Re: Dawnrazor "demos and outtakes" ?

Post by squishy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:58 am

I guess it's a home-made, possibly (partially at least) mp3-sourced compilation - which includes some "Dawnrazor" era B-sides as well as parts of the first CD of "Genesis and Revelation"; there are three 1985/86 demo tracks there all right.

On the other hand, if there are three demo tracks from that period on "G & R", there might very well be more of them locked away in some drawer - and somebody might have laid their hands on them by now.

I'd love to hear that bootleg, anyway.
remember what the doorknob said
Druide
Dawnrazor

Post by Druide » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:15 am

squishy wrote:I guess it's a home-made, possibly (partially at least) mp3-sourced compilation - which includes some "Dawnrazor" era B-sides as well as parts of the first CD of "Genesis and Revelation"; there are three 1985/86 demo tracks there all right.

On the other hand, if there are three demo tracks from that period on "G & R", there might very well be more of them locked away in some drawer - and somebody might have laid their hands on them by now.

I've traded sometimes with Steve Doughty, he's a Taper since 1984 (oldschool) and the Mp3-sourced in his list : Impossible.
I'll send him a mail for an explanation about it...(but i know, he's out of trade so...)

:wink:
Thank you Warsaw... and the Dawnrazors
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:36 am

Maybe he means that stuff which was on the "Sacred and the Profane" Bootleg included.
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:15 pm

Druide wrote:
squishy wrote:I guess it's a home-made, possibly (partially at least) mp3-sourced compilation - which includes some "Dawnrazor" era B-sides as well as parts of the first CD of "Genesis and Revelation"; there are three 1985/86 demo tracks there all right.

I've traded sometimes with Steve Doughty, he's a Taper since 1984 (oldschool) and the Mp3-sourced in his list : Impossible.
I'll send him a mail for an explanation about it...(but i know, he's out of trade so...)

No disrespect to SD intended. I believe you, Druide.

All the more reason to check out the boot.
ojopaj
Watcher

Post by ojopaj » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:06 pm

Druide wrote: I've traded sometimes with Steve Doughty, he's a Taper since 1984 (oldschool) and the Mp3-sourced in his list : Impossible.
Awesome Druide! Let us know what he says. I thought it might just be the Sacred/Profane & Genesis/Revelations stuff, but would love to find out fer sure. *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy*
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." — Robert J. Hanlon
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:38 pm

Asked him also, sending him my recordings from Porto and Warsaw 2010 for trade for the other boots and the interesting one. let´s see what´s happening ;)
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:51 pm

forgot to post it - i received my copy from the seller, the dawnrazor bootlegs and outtakes disc contains:

Demos 1985 - 86:
Dawnrazor, Secrets, Power, The Tower, Preacher Man, Love Under Will, Sumerland (Instrumental), Dust

1986-03-12 - Brighton, Zap Club:
Laura, Trees Come Down

1986-04-17 - Croyden, Underground:
Dawnrazor

1986-12-19 - Letchworth, Plinson:
Senseless, The Comeback

Have not listened to them yet, just this was printed on the piece of paper..
ojopaj
Watcher

Post by ojopaj » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:48 pm

Must... Hear.... This.... =)
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:35 pm

NorthernNephilim wrote:forgot to post it - i received my copy from the seller, the dawnrazor bootlegs and outtakes disc contains:

Demos 1985 - 86:
Dawnrazor, Secrets, Power, The Tower, Preacher Man, Love Under Will, Sumerland (Instrumental), Dust

1986-03-12 - Brighton, Zap Club:
Laura, Trees Come Down

1986-04-17 - Croyden, Underground:
Dawnrazor

1986-12-19 - Letchworth, Plinson:
Senseless, The Comeback

Have not listened to them yet, just this was printed on the piece of paper..

So . . . have you given it a listen yet?
Enoch
Dawnrazor

Post by Enoch » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:55 pm

Sumerland (Instrumental) in 85? :D Senseless, Comeback in 86? :D
Night obliterates the day and all the fun begins
The Damned - Curtain Call

Citizen of a nation otherwise populated mainly by blinded, brain damaged xenophobes
Ande
Watcher

Post by Ande » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:54 pm

Enoch wrote:Sumerland (Instrumental) in 85?

This is my recording from when I interviewed the band in 1990. I arrived early and watched the soundcheck. And taped it.

As Carl didn't sound check, Sumerland was therefore an instrumental version. Sometime later it found its way on to the Sacred and the Profane boot elpee... *whistle*

rany
Moonchild

Post by rany » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:03 pm

THANKS.