stuff

Bootlegs. Many people don't like them for various reasons. But they also has a good collection value for some people. Here you discuss about bootlegs in all forms; tapes, records, CDs, videos etc.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Bau
Nephilim

stuff

Post by Bau » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:49 am

I found this page whilst sniffing down a rabbit hole

scroll down to Nephilim pics for link to I don't know what

http://ulakanakulot2.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Timoth
Dawnrazor

Post by Timoth » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:02 am

Cheers Bau, there's some good stuff there that i'll peruse thru once sober! interested to see what the french says about the zoon album, could try internet translation sites but pissed and off to bed! *notworthy* :? :? stagger stagger...thats a bannister....bed :?
Insert unfunny witicism here!
Badlander
Leviathan

Post by Badlander » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:46 am

*notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy*
And when the promise was broken, I cashed in a few of my dreams
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:38 am

Timoth wrote:Cheers Bau, there's some good stuff there that i'll peruse thru once sober! interested to see what the french says about the zoon album, could try internet translation sites but pissed and off to bed! *notworthy* :? :? stagger stagger...thats a bannister....bed :?
not bad for a troll eh? *smoking*
yeah I often don't find the stuff as much as it finds me ,and finds me ,and somebody please make it stop.
besides I'm sick of eating rabbits, my hunger is only satisfied by the whole enchillada...mmm rabbit enchillladas...

I was just checking out the videos , a loong download near 300 megs per but I've not seen this around before, they are listed as German TV '91 ?

I was able to get the first one to play but not the others..
On it- For her light , at the gates, paradise regained, trees come down , sumerland , watchman

video is a little grainy but some great camera shots, ( fans of Nod will love this) well filmed, nice light show, the sound is not too bad but someones rythm guitar is way too loud, (ak something my bass player pointed out to me the other day at rehersal :oops: :mrgreen: )
keys are rather heavy too :roll: a little too toccata and fugue but hey not so bad

Let there be light....and chilli rellenos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1z12_Ps-gk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdsbjCL6qA8
James Blast
Watcher of the Skies

Post by James Blast » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:39 am

Bau wrote:not bad for a troll eh?
yeah, now learn to do without the stupid images and links to daft YouTube vids
"This is Glasgow, we'll just set about you"
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:47 pm

James Blast wrote:
Bau wrote:not bad for a troll eh?
yeah, now learn to do without the stupid images and links to daft YouTube vids
oh dear I thought it was only the offensive and rude ones that were unwanted...I'm confused.

granted the pics I can understand people wanting me to leave off, the sake of download time and all, I strive to keep them smallish, but the links? hmm its not like I am forcing your hand to click them...

There are some lovely inuendos in some of my posts hon! for instance stuffing peppers in hungry, it sort just fit. I guess as it seems I am the only one who appreciates this I will leave off that too. Perhaps I realy should just leave off all togther eh? That would no doubt make a lot of people happy. But then I'm not concerned with a lot of people. I guess ya just gotta take the bad with the good. Unfortunately I supose, as in the eyes of the world, I am disproportionaly bad and unwelcome...

But mabee your right and it would be best for all concerned if, from now on , all links and photos that aren't directly connected to FOTN , should not be posted on this message board.
wadda ya think?
James Blast
Watcher of the Skies

Post by James Blast » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:04 pm

I forgot, and learn to type/spell :mrgreen:

you are correct, I don't have to click them but you posting them makes me think I might be missing something by not doing so, I now know this is a bad idea

I do not want you to leave, far from it. You have a good insight and musical knowledge (as proven in posts passim) it's just all the other gubbins.
I don't really need it and it seems like a smoke screen for the 'real' you.

What are you frightened of?
"This is Glasgow, we'll just set about you"
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:01 pm

Bau- post want you want, its not a fcuking dictatorship here.......
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:44 am

James Blast wrote:I forgot, and learn to type/spell :mrgreen:

you are correct, I don't have to click them but you posting them makes me think I might be missing something by not doing so, I now know this is a bad idea

I do not want you to leave, far from it. You have a good insight and musical knowledge (as proven in posts passim) it's just all the other gubbins.
I don't really need it and it seems like a smoke screen for the 'real' you.

What are you frightened of?
you are missing something

and tanks for the compliment

? I am phrieghtened of you.
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:02 am

weebleswobble wrote:Bau- post want you want, its not a fcuking dictatorship here.......
Thanks for the support darlin, its nice to know I haven't totaly worn out my welcome. :P

I know I can be rather juvenile and I hope I never change; I laugh at the universe because it laughs at me.
sentenza
Moonchild

Post by sentenza » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:36 am

Many thanks for the links.I've tried to dowload the dusseldorf vid but the third part doesn't work grrr. Anyone can help me? *notworthy* *notworthy*
this is the revenge of the fuckwit
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:38 am

sentenza wrote:Many thanks for the links.I've tried to dowload the dusseldorf vid but the third part doesn't work grrr. Anyone can help me? *notworthy* *notworthy*
I could only get the the first video on the first part to work...did you get the second to work? ?
sentenza
Moonchild

Post by sentenza » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:40 am

yep.I've the first and the second part.It seems that the third one is damaged.Strange...
this is the revenge of the fuckwit
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:56 am

sentenza wrote:yep.I've the first and the second part.It seems that the third one is damaged.Strange...
oh mine is telling me the second is damaged too. I'll have to try it again

btw what songs are on the second?
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:00 pm

oh dear it says the files been deleted <:*(
headcleaner2k
Moonchild

Helldone B**tleg

Post by headcleaner2k » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:54 pm

I got the 'been deleted' message too but tried again and there it was.

Great to hear the entire Helldone show, at last!
Hard to hear the bass but it's an acceptable recording.

Like any hired-gun scenario, these guys need to figure out that the sum is greater than the parts when playing these songs. Can only get better with time and it's a good start.

Just wish the guitarists would ease up on the fuzz box effect.
Way overdone, I mean does every single song have to get the power-chord treatment? - miss the delicate chorus effects used in the original versions.
Oh, and 'For Her Light' simply doesn't work in a faster tempo. WTF?

So there.

http://ulakanakulot2.blogspot.com/2008/ ... tival.html
Bau
Nephilim

Re: Helldone B**tleg

Post by Bau » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:01 pm

headcleaner2k wrote:I got the 'been deleted' message too but tried again and there it was.

Great to hear the entire Helldone show, at last!
Hard to hear the bass but it's an acceptable recording.

Like any hired-gun scenario, these guys need to figure out that the sum is greater than the parts when playing these songs. Can only get better with time and it's a good start.

Just wish the guitarists would ease up on the fuzz box effect.
Way overdone, I mean does every single song have to get the power-chord treatment? - miss the delicate chorus effects used in the original versions.
Oh, and 'For Her Light' simply doesn't work in a faster tempo. WTF?

So there.

http://ulakanakulot2.blogspot.com/2008/ ... tival.html
damn I've try but all I get is the 'deleted' error.

would it be possible for you to upload your good copies for me? I would be most grateful.
And also if anyone was able to get a working copy of part 3...

And I couldn't agree with you more on your comments. I myself like to hear a lot of diversity and variance, the contrast. The guitar players are good no doubt , but yeah too much distortion and stuff hmm you have to play for the song. I love Alex Lifeson for this, he is realy underated as a guitarist ,he rips but is not 'flashy' and a lot of his stuff is these sweeping chordal fills , knows when to let the music 'breathe'. The right thing at the right time. Like the conflict in the 'loudness wars' its the quiet that gives the heavy its punch.

Great point about tempo too, thats way overlooked. You play something too fast (or too slow) it loses its whole 'feel'. coming from a thrash background I've been terribly guilty of this myself, playing things too fast. But it something notrious with live performances I've noticed most bands seem to do this. I think its just the whole adrenaline Rush of being on stage... you have to be aware of that before walking on

I guess it all comes down to the ability to 'shift gears' a good skill to have in any area of experience IMO

LAMO warning! do not click these links, these are only videos of somethings will find terribly boring, if you do, you do so at your own risk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSAsa_gHm_o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL21Ef5DRY0
headcleaner2k
Moonchild

Helldone B**tleg FTP links

Post by headcleaner2k » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:05 am

Bau
Nephilim

Re: Helldone B**tleg FTP links

Post by Bau » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:44 pm

oh thank you for that

But I'm afraid I was misunderstood. I have the helldone recorings, its the videos on that site, the 'rock palast'/'german TV' ones I couldn't get to work. Sorry, I should have been more clear on that....
headcleaner2k
Moonchild

Post by headcleaner2k » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:41 pm

yeah, there are a whole bunch of interesting things on this site that I'd like to get too but I've had the same experience whereas only some of the links seem to work

sorry i can't be of any more help