But Can Spock Do This

Bootlegs. Many people don't like them for various reasons. But they also has a good collection value for some people. Here you discuss about bootlegs in all forms; tapes, records, CDs, videos etc.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

ojopaj
Watcher

But Can Spock Do This

Post by ojopaj » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:10 pm

I have one of the early pressings of this thing. I was going thru my collection of Neph live MP3s and re-doing the ID3 tags to update them with the correct gig venues & dates (thanks to Ande's book!).

I noticed that in fact, there were no gigs in Paris in 1989. In fact, the only Paris gigs ever played were:

1987-10-03 Live at the Locomotiv, Paris
1988-09-28 Live at the Elysee Montmartre, Paris
1991-02-01 Live at the Elysee Montmartre, Paris

So if it really was recorded in Paris (hmmm) then presumably it would have to be one of the above.

Anybody have any info on where/when these tracks were really recorded?

thanks!!
Ojo
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Re: But Can Spock Do This

Post by oldnephilim » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:35 pm

ojopaj wrote:I have one of the early pressings of this thing. I was going thru my collection of Neph live MP3s and re-doing the ID3 tags to update them with the correct gig venues & dates (thanks to Ande's book!).

I noticed that in fact, there were no gigs in Paris in 1989. In fact, the only Paris gigs ever played were:

1987-10-03 Live at the Locomotiv, Paris
1988-09-28 Live at the Elysee Montmartre, Paris
1991-02-01 Live at the Elysee Montmartre, Paris

So if it really was recorded in Paris (hmmm) then presumably it would have to be one of the above.

Anybody have any info on where/when these tracks were really recorded?

thanks!!
Ojo

Well my friend they played in Paris in 1989. Date: Paris 30.march.1989 !
Playlist:
Endemonidia / Blue water / Dust / Celebrate / Love under will / Moonchild / Trees come down / Power / Last exit / Chord of souls / Preacher Man

So if my informations are correct, the question is still, where"But can spock do this " was recorded, because they did not play phobia and laura !
:?: :idea: :!:
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
ojopaj
Watcher

Post by ojopaj » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:59 pm

Holy smokes! Ande missed a gig in his list? I can't believe it! Hrm. Is there a more complete gig list anywhere?
Le Veilleur Silencieux
Psychonaut

Post by Le Veilleur Silencieux » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:48 pm

i think Ande is doing a new one, but his comp died or somehting....so he lost loads of stuff towards it :cry:

(vague memories from topics read long ago...)

so that'll have a more complete list

just have to wait for it to come out..... :wink:
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Re: But Can Spock Do This

Post by oldnephilim » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:41 pm

I've been listening to that one right now again .... and I think it could be from "Forever remain" video London 1988. Good sound quality, the songs are also on the video ... :?: What do you think?
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”