Misheard Neph lyrics

Discuss about the albums and videos the band has released over the years. The band we are talking about here is of course F.O.T.N. and not side-projects, similar bands etc. Please use other sections if you want to talk about the weather.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

xseawitch
Watcher

Post by xseawitch » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:15 pm

I've got a question, at the end of Chord of Souls, what do you think he's saying? I, for some reason, always thought the lyric was the word

"heiss" repeated

meaning hot in German (possibly including the sexually excited sense of the word) and so envisaged a burning hell kind of place, but my friend always thought it was ice and so was surprised that in Xiberia the coldness seems to be a good thing.

I am rubbish at lyrics though and didn't notice half of Marian was in German for about three years.
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Post by WolfLover » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:37 pm

xseawitch wrote:I've got a question, at the end of Chord of Souls, what do you think he's saying? I, for some reason, always thought the lyric was the word

"heiss" repeated

meaning hot in German (possibly including the sexually excited sense of the word) and so envisaged a burning hell kind of place, but my friend always thought it was ice and so was surprised that in Xiberia the coldness seems to be a good thing.

I am rubbish at lyrics though and didn't notice half of Marian was in German for about three years.
I found these lyrics on darklyrics.com, so hopfully they are right.

http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/fields ... lim.html#5
If you pass through my soul tonight
Gather all his troubles
Tomorrow's long with eternal night
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
Discover all of earth's surprises
When I'm gone wait here
I'll send my child my last good smile
xseawitch
Watcher

Post by xseawitch » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:33 pm

WolfLover wrote:
I found these lyrics on darklyrics.com, so hopfully they are right.

http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/fields ... lim.html#5
That makes a lot more sense, thanks for the link
mattnewcastle
Moonchild

Post by mattnewcastle » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:24 pm

xseawitch wrote:I've got a question, at the end of Chord of Souls, what do you think he's saying? I, for some reason, always thought the lyric was the word

"heiss" repeated

i always though it was "ice" at least at the gigs on the for her light and elizium tour and irish guy could be heard continually shouting that before during and after the gigs...
Last Exit
Psychonaut

Post by Last Exit » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:24 am

Must admit i thought it was ice

and on that lyrics page, from Love under Will, they reckon troubles, I always thought traumas....
Tandooris R rockin'
xseawitch
Watcher

Post by xseawitch » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:49 pm

I have another one.

I always wondered why Carl was "in high heels" at the beginning of Wail of Sumer, I know he's not the tallest man, but a mental image of the usual gear with red glittery platforms at the bottom quite upset the mood of the song for me...

okay, I know the lyrics are written on the sleeve insert, but I find them really hard to read. I think it's

you can see the earth
we're high here

and whlist I was looking at them what is this word?
entranged
gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:40 pm

Carl in high heels :lol: :lol: :lol: stilettos or flatforms....I'd go for flatforms :wink:
Blue Angel
Nephilim

Post by Blue Angel » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:58 am

mattnewcastle wrote:

"heiss" repeated

i always though it was "ice" at least at the gigs on the for her light and elizium tour and irish guy could be heard continually shouting that before during and after the gigs...
Personally I think it is "Ice!" There is a line building up to this which is where Smalls bleats on about how he feels cold in opposition to someone else feeling warm (...er... or something!)

Mind you. I sing "Unicycle" during Psychonaut, so what I do I know...

:roll:
Fields of the Neffalump

Jism!
xseawitch
Watcher

Post by xseawitch » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:10 am

Blue Angel wrote: Personally I think it is "Ice!" There is a line building up to this which is where Smalls bleats on about how he feels cold in opposition to someone else feeling warm (...er... or something!)

Mind you. I sing "Unicycle" during Psychonaut, so what I do I know...

:roll:
I reckon it makes more sense than 'eyes' anyway.

It seems that everyone has their own interpretation, whatever works for each person, I suppose! I go with the view that once a piece of work is out in public people may see in it what they want to and that is valid whether the artist intended it that way or not.

I don't think he bleats though, more of a growl to my ears :-)
Lord Mureth
Nephilim

Post by Lord Mureth » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:11 am

I always thought it was "Ice" as well... except when they started playing it live, when I was convinced it was "Ash". Either's good! :wink:
Pale Rider
Dawnrazor

Post by Pale Rider » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:15 pm

... Or maybe "Lies"? :?
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:19 pm

Pale Rider wrote:... Or maybe "Lies"? :?
Or "Lice"? *whistle*
remember what the doorknob said
Mr. Happytrousers
Moonchild

Post by Mr. Happytrousers » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:34 pm

I always thought that he was saying 'Eyes.' The song seems to be about the nephilim's war with God (which leads to the deluge); 'Eyes' would be fitting, since God's "soldiers" would be the Seraphim...who were said to be covered in eyes.
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:55 pm

Mr. Happytrousers wrote:God's "soldiers" would be the Seraphim...who were said to be covered in eyes.
Like this?

gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:04 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Lord Mureth
Nephilim

Post by Lord Mureth » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:22 pm

squishy wrote:
Or "Lice"? *whistle*
Mice? :lol:

As in: "Mice, Mice, Mice Mice No No No No Noooooooo"

Perhaps he was alluding to Gerbils and got his rodents confused? :? :wink:
gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:33 pm

mice!...nearly fell off my chair + choked on my pizza!....Ill never listen to it in the same way again....or of course you have have a mice,lice,mice ,lice instead :wink:
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:44 pm

Lord Mureth wrote:
squishy wrote:
Or "Lice"? *whistle*
Mice? :lol:

As in: "Mice, Mice, Mice Mice No No No No Noooooooo"

Perhaps he was alluding to Gerbils and got his rodents confused? :? :wink:
Or perhaps he's simply afraid of mice. A common phobia and, contrary to the popular belief, not a solely feminine one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musophobia

And small wonder he is afraid:

Perhaps St. Gertrude of Nivelles could help? And, apart from her miraculous talent with mice and the rest, what a lovely FotN patron saint she seems to be!

http://petmedals.com/Gertrude.htm

So many FotN-related themes and motifs there, all intertwined, interknotted and joined ;) Bau?
gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:49 pm

:lol: :lol: I say next FOTN gig we test out to see if Carl is indeed a mouse phobic....cue all us Daawnrazors waving big furry mice at him + wait for his reaction! :wink:
xseawitch
Watcher

Post by xseawitch » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:31 pm

gingerpazuzu wrote::lol: :lol: I say next FOTN gig we test out to see if Carl is indeed a mouse phobic....cue all us Daawnrazors waving big furry mice at him + wait for his reaction! :wink:
That I'd love to see! :-)