Jungle Records 3 Disc FOTN Collectors Box

Discuss about the albums and videos the band has released over the years. The band we are talking about here is of course F.O.T.N. and not side-projects, similar bands etc. Please use other sections if you want to talk about the weather.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Ahrayeph

Post by Ahrayeph » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:22 pm

I guess it'll be weeded/shared in no time then. Wasn't expecting a lot of it anyway...
Nekyia
Psychonaut

Post by Nekyia » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:28 pm

TheBoyNextDoor wrote: The DVD sucked anyway. Barely watchable... out of sync... etc..
you said it all. pure shite. :evil:
"worms'-meat : The finished product of which we are the raw material." - Ambrose Bierce
caliban
Moonchild

Post by caliban » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:50 pm

got mine yesterday and i am very disappointed,why the hell did they even bother!
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:21 pm

Unless I find money in the street I will not be touching this one... :evil:
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
Badlander
Leviathan

Post by Badlander » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:30 pm

weebleswobble wrote:Unless I find money in the street I will not be touching this one... :evil:
Me neither. I didn't really know what to think of it, but now I've made up my mind. I'll be better off without this shitty boxset.

BTW CLT FotN - Munster, Germany, 20.10.88
Who needs crap boxset when you've got such great boots ? *whistle*
And when the promise was broken, I cashed in a few of my dreams
scardwel
Leviathan

Post by scardwel » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:48 am

it's better than the Vision Thing re-issue... :P *whistle*
Last Facebook For The Blocked!
TheBoyNextDoor
Preacher Man

Post by TheBoyNextDoor » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:14 am

scardwel wrote:it's better than the Vision Thing re-issue... :P *whistle*
Meeh. Until they fix the audio skip in SF I agree. :P
Nic
The Watchman

Post by Nic » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:43 am

scardwel wrote:it's better than the Vision Thing re-issue... :P *whistle*
Visioin Thing you mean? :mrgreen:
When routine bites hard and ambitions are low...
kazamel
Psychonaut

Post by kazamel » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:15 pm

i guess the few interesting parts, being the demo versions of Dawnrazor, Secrets and Power and the reunion track Deeper Deepest Dub will pop up as downloadable tracks at some point... *whistle*
I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects.
Poison Ivy

Post by Poison Ivy » Fri May 02, 2008 12:52 am

O.K it is not so bad, there are nice surprises there, and you can get stright new sound experience :o Well just try to be optimistic as I just have it and did not read the thread before :oops:
What has happen to the box? Nothing, it was desighned that way.

Biggest :shock: :shock: :shock:
DVD Dawnrazor Croydon Underground - who is that blond fan dancing not even looking on the band, someone know him ? :roll: And who makes wall desighn in that club...
Dawnrazor Demo - anyone must have demo, but that was shock, sounds diffrent completly and that 'bim bom'...but good they made it :wink:

Biggest :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shine from Roskilde and all Roskilde CD
DVD Mera Luna Festival - I would expect biggest applause from the public, but it shows that Carl is Carl even in full sunlight, hopefully something like thet in Tuska if he is going really to perform there.
DVD Zillo Press Conference - who is the guy asking questions and what he has got on his head? *whistle* But it was lovely to see them both saying something, as I newer had the plesure to see it before. Well we all know how it ends, but it is good to know how do they planned it. Gofffathers - just lovely :wink:

So in my ranking it is something worth having, but without bigges excitement, anyways still usefull. I wish something like that comme to us now a days, as I would like to see something not so out dated but new...well dream on.
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Fri May 02, 2008 12:50 pm

so is there a download of the 'deeper dub' demo yet? I've just got a crappy version from a cassette. Also is the press conference downloadable from anywhere? Could someone post the vid? how long is it btw?
Jake
Moonchild

Post by Jake » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:55 am

felt I could spare a tenner when I got this 2 years ago its not great really. I really think Power was their lowest point its very out of character with everything else they had done before or after in my opinion.

the 1st CD is nothing at all to write home about, one or two moments of interest but wouldn't put it at any more than that. The live CD was clearly a pretty good gig and showed some promise of that line up if it hadn't obviously gone tits up. But its like a sort of 3-4 star quality bootleg possibly cam-corder soundtrack is my guess.. Do quite like the rendition of Psychonaught shame its a crummy recording

The DVD is interesting and easily the best thing about the package, footage from the Zap is brilliant shame that's all there was, equally the Croydon gig with just one song as I recall is very interesting indeed. The festival gig is alright but its essentially amateur and too far away to make ot anything more than a bit of curiosity and of course given it was made in such a way the sound isn't particularly brilliant.

The McCoy and Pettit interview is worth watching, interesting not least seeing how things actually worked out compared to the interview.

I certainly don't complain getting it for a tenner but am glad not to have paid more. I would worry if someone wanting to get into the Nephs picked it up, paying around twice as much as what I did, would be an awful introduction of the band- enough to put someone who doesn't know the nephs off for life. Its something nice for collectors for sure though.
Pale Rider
Dawnrazor

Post by Pale Rider » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:49 pm

Not that I endorse the copying of 'official' material in any way what so ever ... but some nice kind person has posted the Zillo interview from the Jungle box set thingie on You Tube ... Thank you"NowLeaveMeNowGo" who ever you are. *smoking*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvcIUB-X ... annel_page (part 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zDoHV5t ... re=related (part 2)
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:28 pm

interesting thanks for posting

grandfathers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

grandpappy carl

like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLYVwebfrlg

:lol: :lol: :lol:
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Re: Jungle Records 3 Disc FOTN Collectors Box

Post by NorthernNephilim » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:10 am

"He did spell "ceremonies" correctly this time, so that's something."

:lol:
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Re: Jungle Records 3 Disc FOTN Collectors Box

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:46 am

Don wrote:Probably a bit of a cash in judging by the track listing, but the live footage sounds quite nice.

http://sumerland.devin.com/news.html

Jungle seem to have a penchant for recycling Neph material i.e. the live
exclusive bonus tracks that back the 'From The Fire' Single and 'Fallen' were all taken from the 'Forever Remain' video.

Of course, I'll probably buy it regardless... :roll:
I was one of the first to get hold of a copy of the box set, before even Jungle announced its release. So I was able to review it for Sumerland.

It was not very good. The concert video footage was incomplete and awful. My CDs were misprinted. The tracks were just versions of tracks that we have heard before. It's one saving grace was the 1997 instrumental jam of Deeper.

If Carl and the boys could come to an agreement with Jungle, Beggars Banquet and SPV, then a 25th anniversary box set would be rather nice! (Maybe throw in the Rubicon and Nefilim stuff as well.)

MQ
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"