Earthbound/???/Equinox lyrics

Discuss about the albums and videos the band has released over the years. The band we are talking about here is of course F.O.T.N. and not side-projects, similar bands etc. Please use other sections if you want to talk about the weather.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Ngie
Leviathan

Earthbound/???/Equinox lyrics

Post by Ngie » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:14 pm

What I’ve caught of the lyrics of Earthbound/???/Equinox from what I hear here via the live recording at Hameln Autumn Moon festival

Earthbound/???/Equinox lyrics :

Lights
taught (taunting) in me
lights vary
will you answer me
bearer will you last in me
never
or
bearing will you last with me
ever

Any English mother tongue speaker/listenner to tell here what they hear and comprehend of Earthbound/???/Equinox ?
(starting time : 32:00) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FjCUdJm5Cs&t=2315s
WolfyBauwow
Psychonaut

Re: Earthbound/???/Equinox lyrics

Post by WolfyBauwow » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:10 am

hmm Ive not heard this song before. It sounds very unfinished. But interesting. that driving bass line is really awesome and the way and the whole dissonant tension of the song.

As far the the lyrics , there is a lot of echo on them and I can't discern what is said at all. Your guess is as good as mine.

heres what I got:

flights
chance
chives
america
will you answer me
? sounds like the 'america' without the 'CA' .. no interest in California?
will you answer me
I here all

Mabee Carl wants to tour the states , and try our chives (they are great, I grow my own wild ones) but cant afford the flights. He thought there was a chance he could talk American Airlines into giving him a discount group rate for the band and crew, but they will no longer answer his calls. FOTN is just earthbound at this point.

hmm well this cant be right.
because if he is waiting for an answer and not getting it, he doesnt hear all. And there is always a lot to be heard if you know where to listen lol

Maybee he needs to give them some sort of sob story and they will budge. But I don't know about all the band equipment. Those airlines rape you on the baggage fees. I think he should pack everyone on a an transatlantic cruise instead. And the the sound of the ocean is so mystical, beautiful and inspiring. They could write a new tune on the way. But setting up in those tiny cabins could be a problem.
It would be worse than a night at the opera ...and much louder..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZvugebaT6Q
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:10 pm

"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
WolfyBauwow
Psychonaut

Post by WolfyBauwow » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:43 pm

markandre13 wrote:that song would be prophecy: http://www.songlyrics.com/fields-of-the ... cy-lyrics/
so this is part of the Prophecy song? it is before it and to me doesnt sound like it's part of it. To me it sounds like Prophecy is at 38:20 and the intro to it was between the two but there is a chop in the video where it was cut out. too bad.

instead of "bearer" or "america" mabee it is "mirror" he has used that word in other lyrics. but no way to tell what it really is. Like so many things I've heard. .. or NOT heard?

I also dont think those Prophecy lyrics are correct for the lines for "too late too know" to me it sounds more like "today, tomarrow" which he has used on the Mourning Sun recordings I believe.
WolfyBauwow
Psychonaut

Post by WolfyBauwow » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:28 am

I looked up 'amera' to see if it was a real word. this is what I found:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=amera

"Comes from an Arabic origin meaning princess.An Amera is on of the most beautiful girl you'll ever see . She's caring, sweet,gentle,very outgoing and amazingly pretty. It will be a miracle to meet an Amera and be blessed with their presence."

"The sweetest girl in the world, and will most likely be the love of your life, she is beautiful and sexy. She has no flaws and she is a queen"

:o

wow that sounds like quite a gal! Very flattering to whoever she is! sounds like someone has a secret admirer *notworthy* is she a real person or an imagined muse?

But she wont answer him? :?
:idea: Has he tried a phone call? Email? PM? Carrier pigeon? Im not sure just the serenading , audiophiliac phenomenon, and fog machine smoke signals, alone, are going to do the trick. Very nice for starters, but she might not ultimately accept them as a viable form of communication... *whistle*
...or perhaps she is afraid she can't live up to those standards!

If someone refered to ME as an amera it would likely be the kiwi kind mentioned, as I'm like a crabby old hen thats battled too many hungry cats:

"An 'Amera' is a classification of pseudo-British kiwi. Amera tend to be reclusive and aggressive to other breeds of kiwi. There are many subspecies of Amera, these include: Americanis Goffik, Americanis Fancymanis,etc "

I don't think I would be the Goffik kind, though I like some Goffik music. Im more the american fancypants. :mrgreen:
WolfyBauwow
Psychonaut

Post by WolfyBauwow » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:26 am

I found 2 other ameras , in listening back it really sounds like that. perhaps a different recording is more clear. The sound varies so much on these concert recordings.

one was a band by that name but so tragic the singer she is in a coma! poor dear! aww my heart breaks for her :( heres her gofundme for any charitable souls reading:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/brooke-adams ... hare-sheet

the second, a cruise ship. Hmm perhaps they were going to take a cruise.

as far as the last word it kinda sounds more like "a hairball" than "I hear all". Or would that be a feather ball? Perhaps it is about a chewed on kiwi after all. It hasn't answered but whats the question?
Or worse yet, maybe its one of those chicken duck woman things...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RySHDUU2juM

(please excuse my relentless humor, a byproduct of my chronic creativity, ment to be silly, playful, not mocking,)

so seriously though , has this been played at any other concerts or was it just the one time?
Any other new stuff played in the shows ?
YorkshireNephilim
Moonchild

Post by YorkshireNephilim » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:05 pm

On a slightly different note, when the piece begins ca. the 32:00 part, is it just me, or do I hear a very distinct similarity to Vet For The Insane?