Neph Lyrics You Adore

Discuss about the albums and videos the band has released over the years. The band we are talking about here is of course F.O.T.N. and not side-projects, similar bands etc. Please use other sections if you want to talk about the weather.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:33 am

"please find us the dream"
MsSpookyness69
Nephilim

Post by MsSpookyness69 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:53 pm

"I can't hide, and I cannot die.
I take The Dream"
We're but fools of our fate.
On this earth I shall wait.
By the roots of my soul,
I am losing control.
Take the dream!

http://msspookyness69.tripod.com/
http://www.myspace.com/nevada69
Pandora Panorama
Psychonaut

Post by Pandora Panorama » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:37 am

I love: "This is the place where love is broken down. I'm barely free as I want you now..."
There is no truth prior to fiction.
Elisium Fields
Watcher

Post by Elisium Fields » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:57 am

So let it feel... Unreal
When I fall asleep at the wheel
Think about this... If looks could kill

Such a thrill... The way I feel
Now I'm falling asleep at the wheel
And I'm dreaming of the kill

We dream of familiar places here
We dream of familiar faces

Endemoniada
"I stand alone, inside you.....I stand alone, the skys bruised..........."
Stuntie
Moonchild

Post by Stuntie » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:12 pm

Inflatable dolly. I blow you up, you blow my mind!

In every dream home a heartache
(I wonder who chose that cover - my money is on Paul.)
Dani Arrow
Moonchild

Post by Dani Arrow » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:02 pm

I adore the Lyricd to Love Under Will, Straight To The Light and Last Exit For The Lost most I'd say.
melody
Psychonaut

Post by melody » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:39 pm

"(Stay here.. in paradise).. I'd end this moment, to be with you"
GreboGoth
Dawnrazor

Post by GreboGoth » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:45 pm

melody wrote:"(Stay here.. in paradise).. I'd end this moment, to be with you"
*notworthy* *notworthy*
Pandora Panorama
Psychonaut

Post by Pandora Panorama » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:12 am

"Freedom sold us" is a great line, too. Couldn't really explain why, but it works on a emotional level.
Pandora Panorama
Psychonaut

Post by Pandora Panorama » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:18 am

"Let us witness the reincarnation of the sun" is awesome because it has so many meanings and connotations. The image of the re-birth of the sun suggests a new sunrise, a new morning, a new age perhaps. At the same time, re-incarnation of the sun also suggests the atomic bomb which works on the same physical principles as the sun, therefore apocalypse. Finally, there is of course, the phonetic similarity of sun or son, the latter evoking apocalypse again.
gilgamesh
Watcher

Post by gilgamesh » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:33 pm

Anybody ever worked out properly what the chorus to Dawnrazor is, and also the words to the Tower which I have only ever seen incomplete (there a reference to dancing through a kitchen but I don't know what "she" does next..........)

My fave line? "Between the cracks and hollows the earth is good"- as obscure in meaning as the sunday park.

I also like the incantations in Psychonaut when he is calling the names of the Sumerian gods, just before summoning the mountains to shake them to the core, or whatever.
ojopaj
Watcher

Post by ojopaj » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:14 pm

gilgamesh wrote:"Between the cracks and hollows the earth is good"- as obscure in meaning as the sunday park.
I always thought that was rather blatantly sexual, but maybe I was just a horny teenager when I first heard it... 8)
GreboGoth
Dawnrazor

Post by GreboGoth » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:44 pm

as obscure in meaning as the sunday park.
You'll start Blue off.....
I also like the incantations in Psychonaut when he is calling the names of the Sumerian gods, just before summoning the mountains to shake them to the core, or whatever
Sure I read that when recording that bit all the machines in the studio went haywire and the rest of the band shit it :lol: :lol: :lol:
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Post by wild bill buttock » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:46 pm

gilgamesh wrote:
I also like the incantations in Psychonaut when he is calling the names of the Sumerian gods, just before summoning the mountains to shake them to the core, or whatever.
From "LEVIATHAN CHAINED:
The Legend of the Nephilim and the Cthulhu Mythos" by Paula O'Keefe http://www.spookhouse.net/angelynx/nephilim/tiamat.html ;
The chant which is central to Psychonaut, for example, and calligraphed on the poster and CD - "zi dingir kia kanpa, zi dingir anna kanpa" is revealed here as pure Sumerian, translatable as "spirit, god of the earth, remember/spirit, god of the sky, remember". The line "may the mountain shake you to the core," appearing earlier in Psychonaut, is likewise found here within The Conjuration of the Mountains of MASHU, as is the derivation of the term "Sumerland" (apparently equivalent to "the Magan", the land where the souls of the dead sleep between incarnations, preparing for rebirth); the quote "We are the lost ones in the company of bright angels"; and much more. And the volume's extensive introduction is extremely valuable and perceptive.
Yep genius.Even an old sceptic like me gets shivers down my back when I hear "zi dingir kia kanpa, zi dingir anna kanpa" *notworthy*
Lord Mureth
Nephilim

Post by Lord Mureth » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:21 am

gilgamesh wrote:Anybody ever worked out properly what the chorus to Dawnrazor is, and also the words to the Tower which I have only ever seen incomplete

Nope. At least, not me. 21 years on and I'm still not sure. I thought when it came out that it was 'All dawnrazor's fault, a rockstar shines' (which should probably go into misheard lyrics!)

I laboured under that misaprehension for years; and then the Genesis and Revelations demo pretty much convinced me that the second line is 'Erase the sun'.

I've seen many different versions online; and I've tried the offical site, but can't make out McCoys squiggly writing! :shock:
Pandora Panorama
Psychonaut

Post by Pandora Panorama » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:18 am

ojopaj wrote:I always thought that was rather blatantly sexual, but maybe I was just a horny teenager when I first heard it... 8)

same here. And also the "let the weapon rise"-line from Shiva :oops:
And of course there is "i'm horny like a unicorn" from Phobia :D
melody
Psychonaut

Post by melody » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:30 pm

ojopaj wrote:
gilgamesh wrote:"Between the cracks and hollows the earth is good"- as obscure in meaning as the sunday park.
I always thought that was rather blatantly sexual, but maybe I was just a horny teenager when I first heard it... 8)
errr yeeah :) ...it always to me meant being buried six feet under in a wooden coffin (with cracks and hollows)... and the sunday park I heard as refering to someone who believed in god (prayed).
Pandora Panorama
Psychonaut

Post by Pandora Panorama » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:53 pm

melody wrote: and the sunday park I heard as refering to someone who believed in god (prayed).
Why? Whats the relation between Sunday Park and prayer?
melody
Psychonaut

Post by melody » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:57 pm

gilgamesh wrote:Anybody ever worked out properly what the chorus to Dawnrazor
I haven't read through the lyrics much but when I listen to it what stands out for me are fragments of feelings of a mourning of the rising of the sun - dawn (yet another day)... 'why so soon' (almost like a howl ~ very tortured plea)... and even just when 'dark angel' is mentioned - I've no idea what word(s) is used after but somehow it lends itself to the whole picture.
BTW the lyrics for Zoon I & II seem to correlate a lot with Elizium... for me it's a running theme of yearning for something that may never be ~ scared of reality when the soul is so entrenched in the spirit side of life ~ almost like it never wanted to be born but remembers past lives and love.
Sunday Park I immediately think of where one would go to rest on a Sunday ~ a place of worship for believers but using the word 'park' demeans it somewhat like the author may not see this as seriously as the one who is there. When I hear the vocal I picture a bench in a place close to a church and cemetary. She's alone there.
And as far as Love Under Will goes I've never felt any sexual connotations but that's ok because the pleasure of music is feeling and seeing for oneself. We all have our own minds and souls. We don't have to see or feel the same. Rather perversely when I was younger I liked the vengeful aspect 'someone's gonna suffer'... but as I get older I much prefer the loving side of Elizium.
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Post by wild bill buttock » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:07 pm

Cutting razors and violence
Recalling cutthroats razor sin
Ee're watching heaven as the sun goes down
I watch the sun burst it hits the ground
You've gone too far
Dawnrazor's falling brush their skin
Dawnrazor's falling brush their skin

Dawnrazor
Dawnrazor well now