Neph Lyrics You Adore

Discuss about the albums and videos the band has released over the years. The band we are talking about here is of course F.O.T.N. and not side-projects, similar bands etc. Please use other sections if you want to talk about the weather.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:42 am

"Where´s She ... "
Lord Mureth
Nephilim

Post by Lord Mureth » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:14 am

BlackSun wrote:
Well... it's a damn site better than my Polish!
'ere Lordy... whats a tin o kiwi shoe shine gotta do wif it??? :whistle:
Nahhhhh... twas Tesco's Value shoe shine, hence the rather shabby lustre. :wink:
Sektora
Moonchild

Post by Sektora » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:31 am

MsSpookyness69 wrote:I'll owe you my heart.
Be my shelter
Be my refuge for the night.
Love of my life,
Pour your light

I'll end this moment
To be with you
Through morphic oceans.
I'd lay here with you

*whistle* *points at sig.*
That's my favorite also ^_^
Poison Ivy

Post by Poison Ivy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:36 pm

my heart.
Be my shelter
Love of my life,
Pour your light [/color]

I'll end this moment
To be with you
Through morphic oceans.
I'd lay here with you
Welcome Sektora, enjoy your stay , love is such a perfect feeling, but it is also so easy to lost...to forget, to deny.

But song is lovely :wink: innocence is hurting from the other point of view.

I have read in one of those essays taht ZOON is also album about love :shock: :shock: :shock: well that I am stuck with diffrent colour of love not so romantic anymore, but that is live, our perfect hell.
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:44 pm

^ course it is... a tragic love though
morning comes as light burning out my eyes
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:54 pm

Poison Ivy wrote:
my heart.
Be my shelter
Love of my life,
Pour your light [/color]

I'll end this moment
To be with you
Through morphic oceans.
I'd lay here with you
Welcome Sektora, enjoy your stay , love is such a perfect feeling, but it is also so easy to lost...to forget, to deny.

But song is lovely :wink: innocence is hurting from the other point of view.

I have read in one of those essays taht ZOON is also album about love :shock: :shock: :shock: well that I am stuck with diffrent colour of love not so romantic anymore, but that is live, our perfect hell.
I don't agree, only with Angry bob about the depths of loves tragedy. If its real love it can't be forgotten or denyed, isn't that the point of so many of these songs? Isn't that the 'torture by desire'? Certainly the first tracks off of 'Fallen' such as 'thirst' etc. sound as if its about reincarnation and wanting your 'soulmate' again or something. That the physical forgets but the soul doesn't. At least it sounds that way to me. Mabee I'm a fool.

And mabee your not romantic about it because you prefer a sex object over a soul. Well I symapthise with you, it is certainly an equisite hell to not have your soulmate, but there is a beauty in the wanting and trying, but actualy it must be a worse hell if you see love as simply a matter of forfilling physical and emotional desire, the revel of the moment, yes easily lost, over the offering of unconditional love , hardly perfect ,but worth it as something existing as timeless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5AjyrvKv0o
Poison Ivy

Post by Poison Ivy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:29 am

I don't agree, only with Angry bob about the depths of loves tragedy. If its real love it can't be forgotten or denyed, isn't that the point of so many of these songs? Isn't that the 'torture by desire'? Certainly the first tracks off of 'Fallen' such as 'thirst' etc. sound as if its about reincarnation and wanting your 'soulmate' again or something. That the physical forgets but the soul doesn't. At least it sounds that way to me. Mabee I'm a fool.

And mabee your not romantic about it because you prefer a sex object over a soul. Well I symapthise with you, it is certainly an equisite hell to not have your soulmate, but there is a beauty in the wanting and trying, but actualy it must be a worse hell if you see love as simply a matter of forfilling physical and emotional desire, the revel of the moment, yes easily lost, over the offering of unconditional love , hardly perfect ,but worth it as something existing as timeless.

First: Bau you are not a fool, but shining diamond :lol: and I can not help that I like you, even if I would never really get to know you :lol: so you can say whatever and I take it, even if it makes me to feel deep sadness.

Second: I know one can deny love, I know it, you do it to stay alive, you do it to convince yourself that 'earth is good', if you will not -> you die - would you like to love someone who is not here for you ? - but there is no place to explain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublimatio ... chology%29

Third:What is sex without love? Nothing to me. But there can be deepest love, attachement, passion, inspiration, without sex and that is the fact too.
And from the other point of view - sex is good, gives you power to stay here :lol: but why we are focusing on sex anyway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_sublimation

What is your plesure ? *whistle*

P.S. I am not romantic becouse I am to old and I saw many things and I prefer 'love under will' than 'love under desire' I dreamt all night, all night... *whistle*

Back to topic: for that 3 days (we have long weekend starts on thursday in Poland) my best is:

This is hell, this is -
End of Time.
Lost completely.
So, this is life, is this?
I can hardly face
To live,
When it hurts to be me...

Say,
I would wait for you!
Say,
Take control of you!

Your lust...
Your lust...
Say! Say! Say! Say! Say!
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:59 pm

Poison Ivy wrote:

First: Bau you are not a fool, but shining diamond :lol: and I can not help that I like you, even if I would never really get to know you :lol: so you can say whatever and I take it, even if it makes me to feel deep sadness.

Second: I know one can deny love, I know it, you do it to stay alive, you do it to convince yourself that 'earth is good', if you will not -> you die - would you like to love someone who is not here for you ? - but there is no place to explain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublimatio ... chology%29

Third:What is sex without love? Nothing to me. But there can be deepest love, attachement, passion, inspiration, without sex and that is the fact too.
And from the other point of view - sex is good, gives you power to stay here :lol: but why we are focusing on sex anyway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_sublimation

What is your plesure ? *whistle*

P.S. I am not romantic becouse I am to old and I saw many things and I prefer 'love under will' than 'love under desire' I dreamt all night, all night... *whistle*

Back to topic: for that 3 days (we have long weekend starts on thursday in Poland) my best is:

This is hell, this is -
End of Time.
Lost completely.
So, this is life, is this?
I can hardly face
To live,
When it hurts to be me...

Say,
I would wait for you!
Say,
Take control of you!

Your lust...
Your lust...
Say! Say! Say! Say! Say!
Well thank you for that, and I don't dislike you and I'm not trying to make you sad, you have said some good thngs but still I strongly disagree with some of your views and statements.

again IMO if you can deny it , its not real, oh you may try...and also the world is not good, it can be very bad , but there is good. But the good is coming from love. But if you are denying love , there is no good. And then you might as well die. You will die one way or another. If love must kill me let it be so, what a way to go. But usualy its the opposite, love is what keeps us wanting to live, give us a reason, not the other way around.

A lot of people love others who aren't here. People in thier lives who have died or moved away. If they realy love them that doesn't diminish, even if some of the physical memory does.

Well there cetainly is sex without love, gratifying to some, But I agree with you on that, in that I'm not one of them though either, though I was at one time when I was very young. Its a rather empty thing. I also agree with you about love without sex, obviously there are many kinds of love other than 'romantic' love. But I disagree that sex has the power to keep you alive if thats what you ment, or that its a good thing. Its good under the right situation, but look how much trouble it can cause , powerful yes , but very dangerous and deadly too. Even though you say that there can be love without sex, and that the best sex is when there is love, you seem to confuse the 2 in your statements.

I've seen info on those links you post before. Many religions stress abstanance (from many things) as a means to higher spiritual ground, Certainly the latter link. Which seems to be the opposite of what you seem to be saying...

and as far as the lyrics you posted the correct ones are not "Your lust, your lust " but "your lost , so lost"..... yes?

have I made my point clear?

sorry I guess most people just don't often see things the way I do
Poison Ivy

Post by Poison Ivy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:29 pm

Ohhh, so I am chaotic - you saw Liber Null in action, and I cannot even make my point clear :wink:
I am lost/lust completly than... :|

And Bau IMHO you should never say 'sorry' for not being understand or whatever, for anything like that.
The one who do not try/will/understand you should be sorry about :lol: you are shining star, remember?

But internet has got its limitations, and our knowledge of each other is also limited to our words posted. But if we agree in every point our discussion would not be, so dissagrement is a tresure. :wink:

Love could be the worst thing happend to you and it makes your life hell, but it is simply another story not conected with FotN so irrelevant remark.And I do not believe in eternel love enymore, it changes, it dissapear, it can be curse, or not, what you will.
It can be Sumerland, but frozen Winter also.
Would you die for this? would you? Would I? Would he? Anyone? Now?

O.K so I am comming back to ELIZIUM tonight to get to know what love can be, as it seems I have forgot it, or saw to much of it already, or Zoon took control, or whatever - tonight I can play my vinyl for the first time in my life *notworthy*

Take me to a dream...Carl NOW :D

P.S.
Will the time come I could play ZOON on vinyl??? :cry: :cry: :cry:
xseawitch
Watcher

Re: Neph Lyrics You Adore

Post by xseawitch » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:36 pm

Blue Angel wrote:Ok, background to this thread is quite simple...

Neph lyrics you adore...
I often find these words popping into my head

"Can you hear me now?
Can you feel?"

and they always make me smile :D
Tuzanor
Moonchild

Post by Tuzanor » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:22 pm

She lifts the flowers from the window box
Summer's flown, now Winter flocks
She lifts her veil to the morning rain
Wipes her eyes to the summer again
A thousand years shimmer on her face
Cut inside, she regains the taste
She knocks the flowers from the window side
They fall to the ground, they fall to the ground

Not sure about the lyrics here but I thought they were:

There's a girl in a green dress
She's got eyes like fire and lips so tame
She's smothered by the girl who's crying in the red dress
One more life in this dying, dying age
Dr Cerebus
Watcher

Post by Dr Cerebus » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:54 pm

This one's easy! :wink: ...

Sweet dreams my angel

said to my wife most nights for the last decade. :D

can't believe I never noticed this thread before
well, actually I can... being lazy and totally not evening coming close to being arsed looking through 99% of old threads
old threads reminds me of many of my t-shirts, tee-hee
so how fecking smalls do these fonts go?
[size=0]oh, I see, that small[/size]
falling from ecstasy...
...amongst other things
xseawitch
Watcher

Post by xseawitch » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:27 pm

Tuzanor wrote:She lifts the flowers from the window box
Summer's flown, now Winter flocks
She lifts her veil to the morning rain
Wipes her eyes to the summer again
A thousand years shimmer on her face
Cut inside, she regains the taste
She knocks the flowers from the window side
They fall to the ground, they fall to the ground

Funny, Artiom and I were discussing the meaning of "The Tower" over the last few days. Don't know what it means, but I like it.
shackled
Watcher

Post by shackled » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:19 pm

Great thread! Lyrics are very important to me, and Carl has many that stand out in my mind. Their ephemeral dance with the music is what makes the band(s).

"May the mountains shake you to the core..."really does it for me.
Last edited by shackled on Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Post by gingerpazuzu » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:04 pm

Dr Cerebus wrote:This one's easy! :wink: ...

Sweet dreams my angel

well, actually I can... being lazy and totally not evening coming close to being arsed looking through 99% of old threads
You old romantic! thats so lovely :)
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:23 am

gingerpazuzu wrote:
Dr Cerebus wrote:This one's easy! :wink: ...

Sweet dreams my angel

You old romantic! thats so lovely :)
I agree . His wife is a very lucky lady 8)
Jake
Moonchild

Post by Jake » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:07 am

This one I would have to think a lot harder about to give a full in depth go at it

but off the top of my head
Endemoniada
"Well I've seen... With old eyes
And every time I turn around another dies

Think about this... If looks could kill"

one that ain't ever leaving
And There Will Your Heart Be Also
"we must suffer
to free our pain"

and actually Trees Come Down simply

"this dying dying age"

There are many others like I say just a quickie based on ones that have stuck out for 20 years of my life now
shackled
Watcher

Post by shackled » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:06 pm

Another bit that I've been thinking about a lot-

"Maybe I'll just pass away,
Or maybe I'll stay."

It ties in with Last Exit for the Lost and the whole premise of choosing between lives...
I sleep with poison dreams and a borrowed hope that died.
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Post by WolfLover » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:34 pm

See my sig. :D I never get tired of that song, but I've yet to hear a live version that has those haunting keys at the start, and the young woman crying.
If you pass through my soul tonight
Gather all his troubles
Tomorrow's long with eternal night
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
Discover all of earth's surprises
When I'm gone wait here
I'll send my child my last good smile
Enoch
Dawnrazor

Post by Enoch » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:29 am

Some rather short things do it for me:

"Stop!"

"Closer..."

and

"We all come down"

But there's almost nothing that leaves me cold...
Night obliterates the day and all the fun begins
The Damned - Curtain Call

Citizen of a nation otherwise populated mainly by blinded, brain damaged xenophobes