NEW SINGLE HAS BEEN RELEASED!

Discuss about the albums and videos the band has released over the years. The band we are talking about here is of course F.O.T.N. and not side-projects, similar bands etc. Please use other sections if you want to talk about the weather.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Dr Cerebus
Watcher

Re: NEW SINGLE HAS BEEN RELEASED!

Post by Dr Cerebus » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:22 am

The Nephilim machine "in motion".

:mrgreen:
falling from ecstasy...
...amongst other things
ww
Moonchild

Post by ww » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:22 pm

Has anyone info on the physical release of this single?

Previous (in February) to the German dates it was announced there will be a special "pre release sampler" of new recorded material available at the gigs and of course it was not available.
The merch guy at the Munich gig said "we did not get it yet" (...), so that was one month ago.......
And we never heard of that "pre release sampler" ever again.

It seems that they did not "get" it at all which brings the thought to mind that it was never (intended to be) produced at all.
MintyTheCat
Moonchild

Post by MintyTheCat » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:25 pm

I was told in Berlin: "DHL didn't deliver". Lots of bullshit to be found wherever you look.
Last edited by MintyTheCat on Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ww
Moonchild

Post by ww » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:31 pm

"DHL didn't deliver" hahahahahaha!
excellent!

tons of bullshit, you are absolutely right.

it is just sad to promise and announce stuff and then simply not mention it ever again and just care f*ck all about the interested public.

lots and lots of the magic has gone over the years.
redshaman
Moonchild

Post by redshaman » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:12 pm

Maybe tickets were selling slow for the German dates and another bullshit announcement to make people believe they were going to be able to purchase a promo CD was made to ensure enough tickets were sold.
I'd have thought they might have made a statement or apology to fans who attended the German shows but then i thought to myself, don't be stupid, its the Nephilim.
But at least by putting a new track on I-Tunes & Youtube it gives them an excuse to add a new t-shirt on the Neph store.
The Last Voice
Watcher

Post by The Last Voice » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:39 pm

I think the bats have left the belfry. This is the oddest thing that they've ever done.

The song was debuted in Dec 2014, and 16 months later the demo is released as a new single..?
Mine is the last voice you will ever hear... Do not be alarmed.
TruGoff
Moonchild

Post by TruGoff » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:50 pm

redshaman wrote:Maybe tickets were selling slow for the German dates and another bullshit announcement to make people believe they were going to be able to purchase a promo CD was made to ensure enough tickets were sold.
I'd have thought they might have made a statement or apology to fans who attended the German shows but then i thought to myself, don't be stupid, its the Nephilim.
But at least by putting a new track on I-Tunes & Youtube it gives them an excuse to add a new t-shirt on the Neph store.
*notworthy*

Nephilim fans are like battored dogs!
Occasionally given a treat of niceness only to be treated terribly then keep going back for more, time after time after time *whistle*
Redshaman has called it as it correctly is...

And why is Tony Pettitt not credited on the single? HUGE SNUB!!! *whistle*
redshaman
Moonchild

Post by redshaman » Tue May 03, 2016 12:53 pm

TruGoff wrote:
redshaman wrote:Maybe tickets were selling slow for the German dates and another bullshit announcement to make people believe they were going to be able to purchase a promo CD was made to ensure enough tickets were sold.
*notworthy*

Nephilim fans are like battored dogs!
Occasionally given a treat of niceness only to be treated terribly then keep going back for more, time after time after time *whistle*
Redshaman has called it as it correctly is...

And why is Tony Pettitt not credited on the single? HUGE SNUB!!! *whistle*

Seems to me that whenever something is cancelled that's NOT the Nephilims fault (e.g Eurorock,Structural problems at Shepherds Bush etc) then we tend to get some sort of statement from Manager/band members, but when its something that is their fault or down to the band (Paris cancellation,no promised promo CD on German tour) then nothing is said.
Of course it wasnt DHL's fault it wasnt delivered,they had months to get the promo CD together for the German tour.
Its just more bullshit.time & time again. At the moment i really cant be bothered going out of my way to get Solstice tickets.I wouldn't be suprised if those gigs come around and its just the usual setlist plus Prophecy & Equinox.
The 30th anniversary shows setlist in Dec 2016 were a bit of a disapointment for me, virtually same set both nights.
They managed to vary the setlist for the ceromonies shows so why wouldnt they for the 30 anniversary shows.
gilgamesh
Watcher

Post by gilgamesh » Tue May 03, 2016 1:42 pm

I've long has this nagging thought that FOTN is now just an easy way of keeping some money rolling in, from the odd festival to a few gigs here and there for some pin money. It is only by continually promising "a new dawn" or "exciting times" or "the latest incarnation of the story" and other mystical bollocks that they seek to keep interest up. If there was truly something happening it would have been done, Prophecy is hardly a complicated masterpiece requiring years of work. It just smacks of the latest ploy to keep us thinking there is activity when probably the only thing happening is the next trick to make us believe FOTN is still alive and not just a shell. I just think it's sad as the fanbase continues to dwindle and lose interest.
redshaman
Moonchild

Post by redshaman » Tue May 03, 2016 3:55 pm

Seems to me that whenever something is cancelled that's NOT the Nephilims fault (e.g Eurorock,Structural problems at Shepherds Bush etc) then we tend to get some sort of statement from Manager/band members, but when it's something that IS their fault or down to the band (Paris cancellation,no promised promo CD on German tour) then nothing is said.
Of course it wasnt DHL's fault it wasnt delivered,they (the Neph) had months to get the promo CD together for the German tour.
Its just more bullshit.time & time again. At the moment i really can't be bothered going out of my way to get Solstice tickets.I wouldn't be surprised if those gigs come around and its just the usual setlist plus Prophecy & Equinox, with still no new release.
The 30th anniversary shows setlist in Dec 2016 were a bit of a disappointment for me, virtually same set both nights.
They managed to vary the setlist for the Ceromonies shows so why wouldn't they for the 30 anniversary shows.It was hardly special to say it was the 30th anniversary.

gilgamesh wrote:I've long has this nagging thought that FOTN is now just an easy way of keeping some money rolling in, from the odd festival to a few gigs here and there for some pin money. It is only by continually promising "a new dawn" or "exciting times" or "the latest incarnation of the story" and other mystical bollocks that they seek to keep interest up. If there was truly something happening it would have been done, Prophecy is hardly a complicated masterpiece requiring years of work. It just smacks of the latest ploy to keep us thinking there is activity when probably the only thing happening is the next trick to make us believe FOTN is still alive and not just a shell. I just think it's sad as the fanbase continues to dwindle and lose interest.

30th Anniversary shows in December 2014 i meant to say.
I agree gilgamesh, If i'd have made the effort and expense to go to that German tour because of the chance of getting a CD promo then i would have felt really cheated,again.
Prophecy just sounds like it's been thrown together at the last minute in a panic rush.
I'm actually surprised more fans haven't kicked off on facebook about the promo CD fairytale.But then again they probably just thought it's nothing new being let down by the Nephilim.and like i mentioned in a previous post, its just gives them another excuse to add another (overpriced) shirt to the Nephilim store.
I noticed in an earlier post that someone said something about "not surprising regarding Tony given previous rumours"
Was it Tony that had the personal issue that lead to the Paris cancellation ?? all those fans let down again (not that that is Tony's fault) with no apology,they don't give a damn that people lose their hard earned money on wasted flights,hotels,time off work etc.
OK so the Sisters Of Mercy haven't released anything in over 20 years, but at least they are honest about that and don't keep promising new releases that never happen.And they do keep updating their live set with newly written material to keep it relatively fresh and interesting.
Ok.moan over.
ww
Moonchild

Post by ww » Tue May 03, 2016 8:35 pm

you are all correct.
that announcement of the "promotional sampler" was just a lie or was it?
and then those merch guys told us "it has not arrived yet" and "DHL didn't deliver", more bullshit talking, because they were well aware that people will ask and they have been told to tell us fools even more lies.
producing a CD (even a CDr would have sufficed as "promotional sampler") takes 1-2 weeks, so they never ever really planned to release that or maybe they planned it, announced it, changed their minds and then told noone!
no excuse, no reason was given at all.

and: "Prophecy" is probably the dullest FOTN song ever, sounds weak and the title and lyrics is just one more faded FOTN cliche, nothing new.
and those drumcomputer-ish drums (I bet they are programmed and not recorded live, so the whole process is cheaper and easier) destroy a lot, too, but not in a positive way...

if you think of all the badness that has come out since the "reformation" of FOTN it would have been better they never came back.
I mean, the whole "Fallen" album episode smells of deals gone unhealthy and promises not kept.
TruGoff
Moonchild

Post by TruGoff » Wed May 04, 2016 2:03 am

The Last Voice wrote:The song was debuted in Dec 2014, and 16 months later the demo is released as a new single..?
:oops:
Last edited by TruGoff on Wed May 04, 2016 10:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Wed May 04, 2016 12:49 pm

I don't care. They are still better at releasing stuff than meself. :P
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
MotherNorth
Moonchild

Post by MotherNorth » Fri May 06, 2016 4:13 pm

The song is very disappointing. Hardly more than a second rate demo.
ww
Moonchild

Post by ww » Fri May 06, 2016 10:36 pm

And Tony Pettitt isn't credited because he doesn't play on it, simple as that.
He is just a hired hand like the others.
It is Nefilim with the more commercial name (Fields of the....) which is of course all fine and excellent, but I very much loathe the lies and big announcements that are being served, like that promotional sampler we NEVER heard of again and got played for fools at the merch table and all the other nonsense since decades, if you look back at it even that fanclub magazine from way back when ("The Watchman") was kinda dodgy and never delivered what it tried to promise :-)
And something like "Fallen" can only happen due to dodgy dealings and promises not kept (to deliver an album finally back in the day?).
One More Nightmare was a spoof, too. Wasn't that advertised as "music for a movie"?
Plus the Sheer Faith artworks or website, announced again and again.
I even remember an interview where Carl announced he is planning to write a book!
And all that "video work" etc. that was in the making.
The "single" or "EP" from years back never materialized of course.
But now we have tea mugs and baby T shirts for the little Cthulhus.
The magic is gone and it tarnishes the old stuff, too.
Facebook, social media and the internet can truly destroy the magic of certain bands, especially those who can not handle it diligently.
Invisible Goth
Psychonaut

Post by Invisible Goth » Sun May 08, 2016 6:20 pm

SHORTLY? hahaha!

ww
Moonchild

Post by ww » Sun May 08, 2016 9:47 pm

hahahaha
1. a "format" has already been "announced" before the German gigs, we know what happened to that.....
2. now they announce that formats will be announced
:P
laughable and super-non-professional and tedious
gilgamesh
Watcher

Post by gilgamesh » Tue May 10, 2016 4:32 pm

Didn't Carl say that when MS was released there was enough material for a double album? What happened to all that stuff? Parts of MS were definitely more akin to Zoon that Elizium, eg Xiberia so it is really that Nefilim and Fields of the Nephilim are now merged. Carl likes the music associated with the former but the latter makes it easier to sell.
Invisible Goth
Psychonaut

Post by Invisible Goth » Tue May 10, 2016 6:26 pm

gilgamesh wrote:Didn't Carl say that when MS was released there was enough material for a double album? What happened to all that stuff? .
Well - that's what he said!
Whether there is or not is up for questioning.
Just like the Sleepers EP

Why doesn't he just release this stuff? Is it that hard to upload to iTunes or amazon or something?
Moonchild

Post by . » Thu May 12, 2016 2:54 pm

Invisible Goth wrote:Whether there is or not is up for questioning.
There is 'stuff', at least. There are concepts and demos, which Carl has taken up to himself to develop to a certain point.

Pin money comes from touring and merchandise, less so from making live action / 3d animation music videos. You know Carl personally edited most of Ceromonies, right?
Invisible Goth wrote:Why doesn't he just release this stuff? Is it that hard to upload to iTunes or amazon or something?
Well, you'd have to be open to new approaches in your business model to make that happen. This sort of new, creative thinking might be beneficial to the band (and the fans), yes. Could there be a loser in it?